The quest to find Quest.

LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but this is the first time I have used this forum.
Being partially sighted I obviously don't watch much TV. However, I do like certain channels on Freeview.
My Freeview box gave up the ghost yesterday, so I bought a new Freesat box and connected it to a formerly redundant mini dish which had been sitting on my wall doing nothing for many years.
However, I have searched many times but I can not find Quest TV on my Freesat EPG. Has it gone off the EPG now? Or has it gone from Freesat? Or am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quest in encrypted on satellite (as are Dave, 4Music, Yesterday and various other Freeview channels) so it isn't available on Freesat.
  • LaurelandHardyLaurelandHardy Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you my friend. As my ex - wife once said, I shall now stop searching for something that isn't there! :D
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a very odd situation, with a few chs being free on freeview, but subscription based on satellite.

What is worse, for some areas such as here, freeview doesn't even provide all the chs, and the missing chs are quest and the other few I can't even remember (never seen them so don't know). In these locations the only way to get them is with subscription via satellite (meaning, Sky).
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you my friend. As my ex - wife once said, I shall now stop searching for something that isn't there! :D

Unfortunately to get all free to air tv in the UK you need freeview and freesat. You could buy a cheap freeview box if you wanted those channels, but I would definitely stick will freesat for most channels.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can watch Quest online via - http://www.tvcatchup.com/
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the other missing channels including Dave and Yesterday are available on www.tvplayer.com

http://www.a516digital.com/2015/05/dave-drama-really-and-yesterday-arrive.html
  • a516a516 Posts: 5,241
    Forum Member
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member

Online links have already been been provided for Quest, Yesterday, etc. so I won't repeat them.

In addition to the usual BBC2, BBC4, More 4 and 4seven, there are quite a few documentaries and factual programmes to be found on Travel Channel, Community Channel, Forces TV, Information TV, Showcase TV and FilmOn TV. The Movies4Men film channel also shows some military history documentaries now and again.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies if this has been discussed before, but this is the first time I have used this forum.
    Being partially sighted I obviously don't watch much TV. However, I do like certain channels on Freeview.
    My Freeview box gave up the ghost yesterday, so I bought a new Freesat box and connected it to a formerly redundant mini dish which had been sitting on my wall doing nothing for many years.
    However, I have searched many times but I can not find Quest TV on my Freesat EPG. Has it gone off the EPG now? Or has it gone from Freesat? Or am I doing something wrong?

This thread title fair tickled me :D