Most loved/hated contestant EVER?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,215
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So what with the new series starting soon my excitment levels are slowly raising, what better way to kick my excitement off than a bitter post?

Favourite ever: Queen Rachel Stevens of the 'WozRobbed' empire.

Least favourite ever: Tom Chambers :mad:

What about you? :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourite: Aled Jones (reasonable dancer, lovely personality)
    Least Favourite (not hated though); Nicholas Owen -too much mugging to camera (was tempted to say Jan Ravens but her spat with Craig did have some entertainment value)
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say 'hate' but!.. Carol Vaudermans tango/paso?... facial expressions were something to behold!....:D:D..
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey TT!

My favourite contestant would probably be Louisa Lytton just because she and Vincent were what got me hooked to the show in the first place. I loved her bubbly personality and friendship with Vinnie.

My least favourite contestant would probably be Lisa Snowdon just because I thought she was very over-marked and because I thought she tried too hard with her personality. It was almost exhausting to watch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure I have an overall favourite, you know? There have been lots of couples I've enjoyed quite a bit.

My least favourite is probably Matt di Angelo, but in a really irrational way. He just wound me up through no fault of his own, really...
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My least favourite is a dead heat between Kelly Brook & Brat Di Angelo.

My favourite is a hard one. Possibly Zoe Ball.
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of the people who had a decent run, my favourite would be Denise Lewis, because as Sid said about Louisa, she was the one who tipped me over from a casual viewer to a fan of the show, and my least favourite would be Matt Dawson, because I found him more grating than a wire hanger on tooth enamel.
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely Favourite Gethin Jones but I am not rational about that so ........

Favourite in terms of dances I can watch over and over Rachel Stevens

Least fav.....a draw between Dom Littlewood/Lisa Snowden/Kelly Brook but all these topped by Craig Kelly
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops... forgot my most favourite!.... it's got to be James Martin i think!.. as i still go onto utube and watch his tango with Camilla!.. it must be my overall 'best loved dance and couple'......I just loved the two of them together.....;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    my least favourite would be Matt Dawson, because I found him more grating than a wire hanger on tooth enamel.

Haha... i know just what you mean there Monkseal...:D.. he does that to me even now on Question of sport!... but thats another story....:D
  • SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite contestant would have to be Gethin Jones - The ultimate Strictly 'journey' imo and no apologies for using the word :)

Least favourite is a tie between Dom Littlewood and Kelly B - Dom for disrespecting his partner and molesting her on camera and Kelly for managing to be so physically attractive yet coming across as someone I'd be unable to stay in the same room with for more than 5mins without losing the will to live...:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oooh! what a difficult question (for me anyway:rolleyes:)

My favourites (please can I have more than one?) -

Gethin (he woz another who should have got to the final IMO), Chris, Louisa, Aled, Zoe

Least favourite - Dom Littlewood, Matt De Angelo, Craig thingy - him from Corrie!
  • Viennese WhirlViennese Whirl Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Favourite: Jodie Kidd. She was such fun, her relationship with Ian was lovely, and she improved so much as a contestant - from a rather gawky, galumphing start she ended up dancing with real grace and elegance (well, sometimes at least!).

Least favourite - Lisa Snowdon. Her constant crying really got on my nerves. I so wanted someone to give her a good slap and tell her to stop bloody snivelling! :o
  • Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourite: Rachel Stevens

Least favourite: Ricky Whittle or Fiona Phillips.
  • phoebefairphoebefair Posts: 2,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to say - what a brilliant thread and I'm going to have a good think about this one.
  • fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's the full list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Strictly_Come_Dancing_contestants

I didn't 'love' any of them.

Liked
    Mark Foster because he really gave it a go.
    Letitia Dean because she was so down on herself at the start, but found out a lot of good things about herself and got a new positive outlook.
    Wanted Alesha to shut up at the start, but grew to like her liveliness.

Annoyed by
    Dom, who showed what he is really like.
    Gary Rhodes - I had the opposite opinion to the one he held of himself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    Favourite: Christine Bleakley/Louisa Lytton

Least favourite: Jan Ravens/Tom Chambers
  • katie_pkatie_p Posts: 10,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I felt most 'involved' when Matt Dawson was on series four, his breakthrough week of AS is still one of my favourite ever episodes. Darren Gough winning was what made me a fan in the first place, I had been watching Colin Jackson casually for most of the series, but on final night he caught the atmosphere beautifully. As a result I really wanted Matt to be good as Lilia was so good with Darren, so I think that made Matt's breakthrough all the more satisfying!

Most grating- John Sergeant... after one boring Waltz completely lacking in rise and fall, he never bothered to try again and just messed around and took for granted the public being stupid enough to vote for him. Everyone made excuses for him being old and fat, even though Don Warrington- of the same age group and size- did a very respectable Tango rather than messing about.

Jan Ravens- what was she on???

Dom- yuck!

Craig Kelly- his delusions were funny for one week, then he far outstayed his welcome.

People the judges made me dislike- Zoe Ball, Emma Bunton, Lisa Snowden

People the pros made me dislike- Tom Chambers, Gethin Jones, Laila Rouass, Mark Foster, Mark Ramprakash

People the fans made me dislike- Ali Bastian,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katie_p wrote: »
    I felt most 'involved' when Matt Dawson was on series four, his breakthrough week of AS is still one of my favourite ever episodes. Darren Gough winning was what made me a fan in the first place, I had been watching Colin Jackson casually for most of the series, but on final night he caught the atmosphere beautifully. As a result I really wanted Matt to be good as Lilia was so good with Darren, so I think that made Matt's breakthrough all the more satisfying!,

Katie, I do agree about the satisfaction obtained from Darren and Matt's performances. They were the reason I started taking dance lessons again (after being inspired briefly by Brendan and Natasha's win and then giving up), They weren't these naturally ultra flexible, freely moving, uninhibited individuals, who you would expect to do well. It made me realise that it was not necessarily impossible for me to learn too. It's those breakthrough moments which make Strictly memorable.

(Gethin's salsa was another moment, although I know your post is less enthusiastic about him.)
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Actually thinking about it Ali annoyed me more than Lisa and Kelly she was such a wet fish and made me want to slap her and tell her to get some back bone.......(probably only because I could never get away with being so girly) but the 'bambi' look got very very wearing.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Favourites: Chris Hollins, Cherie Lunghi, Jill Halfpenny, Alesha Dixon, Matt Di Angelo, Rachel Stevens

Least favourites: John Sergeant, Dom Littlewood, Georgina Bouzova, Craig Kelly, Stephanie Beacham and most definitely Lisa Snowdon and Kelly Brook, although at least those two could dance a bit...

People the judges made me dislike- Emma Bunton, Lisa Snowden

People the pros made me dislike- Laila Rouass, Mark Foster,

Agree with these ones I've picked out, and would add the pros made me dislike Heather Small, Gary Rhodes and Jessie Wallace as well, although I do like those latter two pros with other partners.
  • spider9spider9 Posts: 4,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Favourite ever - Alesha then Colin J. Had a brief Gethin obsession as well. :D

Least Favourite - Mark R and Rachel Stevens. :o These are the ones I could actually summon up enough emotion to dislike.
  • Simone17Simone17 Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Favourite - Colin Jackson

Least favourite - Chris Collins
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,207
    Forum Member
    Tom and Chris were my favs

Least liked - Lisa, who was overmarked and not as good as she was cracked up to be
  • Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    Oops... forgot my most favourite!.... it's got to be James Martin i think!.. as i still go onto utube and watch his tango with Camilla!.. it must be my overall 'best loved dance and couple'......I just loved the two of them together.....;)

Absolutely agree with you - they are easily my favourite couple to have appeared on Strictly throughout the last 7 series. Almost wore my mobile out voting for them every week. On the week they were knocked out (semi final) I must have spent about £300 on phone credit. I was absolutely gutted when they were voted off!

As for my least favourite celeb, that would be a tie between Jill Halfpenny, Ricky Whittle and Natasha Kaplinsky who all came over (in my opinion) as really smug.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favs were: Bill Turnbull, Chris Hollins, Letitia Dean, James Martin, Austin Healey, Zoe Ball & Colin Jackson.

Least favs were: Gary Rhodes, Craig 'I can dance' Kelly, Georgia Bouzza (sp?), Dom Littlewood.