So who's started to dispose of unwanted Christmas presents already?

TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
Forum Member
I have. I received a 2011 diary with a rather colourful tartan colour scheme cover. I use work planners so this was surplus to requirements and today I ended up donating it to the local British Heart Foundation shop so that they could resell it for that good cause.

So, have you disposed of any unwanted Christmas gifts and where have they gone?

Comments

• orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't disposed of them yet, but I have put them in my 'regifting/ebay' box waiting for the next free listing day.

Don't mean to be ungrateful, I know friends and family have put some sentiment into their gift.....but bath sets/lotions & potions/make up are not for me.
  • DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing to dispose of, the presents I did get were very warmly received and perfect. I actually couldn't get rid of if did receive something I don't like, I would probably put it in the wardrobe for a long time.
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've nothing! I loved everything I got this year!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    I have. I exchanged 90% of them on Boxing day.
  • ChasingSundaysChasingSundays Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I forgot to get my stepmum a christmas present so i had to give her the present i got from secret santa at work as i didnt have chance to go out and get her a gift.

So i kind of started disposing of my christmas presents before christmas day actually arrived :o
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything I got was wearable or edible, so I'll keep it. I suspect some of the stuff I bought other people has been given away though...
  • Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    If regifting is your thing always put a yellow post it on the gift to remind you who gave it to you.

I wish I had known this several years ago when I gave my OH's granny something that she had bought for me the year before :o
  • toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member
    Denise wrote: »
    Nothing to dispose of, the presents I did get were very warmly received and perfect. I actually couldn't get rid of if did receive something I don't like, I would probably put it in the wardrobe for a long time.

I'm the same as you.... I though my mum is a regifter (lol new word there)
    Button62 wrote: »
    If regifting is your thing always put a yellow post it on the gift to remind you who gave it to you.

I wish I had known this several years ago when I gave my OH's granny something that she had bought for me the year before :o

I've told my mum this to warn her - but she has been doing it for years and usually has a goody bag of lotions/potions/candles/unwanted stuff ....... If I need a spare thing - she gives me the goody bag to choose from (usually for people that I wouldn't really buy a gift for but feel obliged to do so - e.g. secret santa etc..)
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,415
    Forum Member
    Button62 wrote: »

Ouch! I try and make sure that gift items get distributed around the local charity shops so if anyone does spot something familiar, it can just be put down to coincidence but if I'd given all the stuff to one charity shop then it could look a bit suspicious.
  • JoleneJolene Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't disposed of them yet, but I have put them in my 'regifting/ebay' box waiting for the next free listing day.

Ditto :D
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had loads.

Yankee Candle - I am giving as a birthday present in January. (I am allergic).
    Bayliss & Harding smellies set - Another birthday present.
    Razor & Shaving Gel set - Given to my Dad. (Not as a present though).

It has never bothered me if someone has regifted something I have given them. It just means I have saved them going out and spending more money, so in a way I think of it as helping.
  • OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get rid of unwanted presents. It seems disrespectful.

Wouldn't you be offended if you spent ages deciding on a gift for someone, spending good money on it, then find out they gave it away or regifted it? :confused:

I'd rather the recipient says they don't want it for whatever reason, I'll take it back or give them the receipt so they can get an exchange or refund for something they do want. :)