Options

Car Crash radio Interview with Green Leader on LBC

MariesamMariesam Posts: 3,797
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am not going to say a word the interview speaks for itself!

http://www.lbc.co.uk/incredibly-awkward-interview-with-natalie-bennett-105384

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another one? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I listened to it earlier. It was a total embarassment.
  • Options
    Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariesam wrote: »

Glad to see the amateurish swivel-eyed loons being exposed for what they are.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad to see the amateurish swivel-eyed loons being exposed for what they are.
    You prefer professional swivel eyed loons?

BTW does that mean they are our Lizard Lords? :D
  • Options
    NeverEnoughNeverEnough Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL. Well at least the magic money tree will produce oxygen and is a very "green" solution.
  • Options
    divingbboydivingbboy Posts: 14,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That interview is simultaneously one of the funniest and scariest things I've ever heard. Amazing. I suspect that her cold is going to get a lot worse over the next few hours.
  • Options
    Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i saw the silly cow asked a question a few weeks ago on sky news about immigrants claim child benefit for kids not living in this country the only answer was let's not blame immigrants:o

and do they not want totally uncontrolled immigration>:(
    they are as bad as UKIP but at the opposite end.
  • Options
    ecco66ecco66 Posts: 16,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was bad enough on Today, Justin Webb ran rings around her. Now this :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please please please let this lunatic participate in the leaders debate!
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She is isn't she? It's supposed to be 7 leaders.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

She didn't do well on R4 either this morning. On Daily Politics Neil marmalized her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best bit is when she pretends she has tuberculosis.
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes please. First Leader to go on 8th May.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is coming to Doncaster tomorrow to do a speech, is she going to use the racecourse like UKIP? no. Is she going to use the keepmoat stadium? No. Is she going to use the Doncaster Dome complex? No

She is going to have her conference at the danum hotel which could actually be too big if truth be told.

Judging by her performance on LBC the comment in this link may be a bit far fetched.
    http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/news/green-party-leader-coming-to-doncaster-1-7120687
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like Nick was copying Andrew Neil's tac tic of asking for specifics about budgets from someone who isn't in power.

She should have learned from that interview to make sure she knew the figures.
  • Options
    iwearoddsocksiwearoddsocks Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a transcript now on the site.
    Nick: The third key theme is 'The Greens will ensure everyone has a secure, affordable place to live. How would that be brought about?

Natalie: A couple of things that we want to focus on. In terms of council housing, we want to build 500,000 new social rent homes.

Nick: Good lord, where would you get the money from for that?

Natalie: Well, what we want to do is fund that particularly by removing tax relief on mortgage interests for private landlords. We have a situation where...

Nick: How much would that bring in?

Natalie: Private landlords at the moment are basically running away with the situation of hugely rising rents while collecting huge amounts of housing benefit.

Nick: How much would that be worth, the mortgage relief for private landlords?

Natalie: "Erm... well... it's... that's part of the whole costing."

Nick: Yes, but how much would that bring? The cost of 500,000 homes, let's start with that. How much would that be?

Natalie: "Right, well, that's, erm... you've got a total cost... erm... that we're... that will be spelt out in our manifesto.

Nick: So you don't know?

Natalie: No, well, err.

Nick: You don't, ok. So you don't know how much those homes are going to cost, but the way it's going to be funded is mortgage relief from private landlords. How much is that worth?

Toe-curling.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's on Daily Politics at 12pm. Well, she's scheduled to be on. I won't be surprised if she goes home 'sick'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it would be a nightmare if the greens won.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At one point she said the houses would be £60,000 each. If you take that at face value, that policy alone will cost £300bn. No wonder she reverted to silence and coughing. The worst political interview I have ever heard.
  • Options
    radio4extracrapradio4extracrap Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes. You are so correct. This will be played out for years.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    it would be a nightmare if the greens won.

A very pleasant nightmare!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »

WFT you want uncontrolled immigration that would benefit britain at all or would not benefit any nation, ukip policies are just as bad.

we need controls on immigration rules to make sure no criminals coming in, need to limit the numbers relate in each year as its only a limited number of homes and resources
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem Natalie Bennett faces is lack of experience. Until the recent upsurge in Green support the only Green politician I was aware of was Caroline Lucas. Now until recently Bennett's exposure to the media will have been limited to her own supporters or small scale journalists who are sympathetic to her cause. Certainly the Greens, outside of Lucas, rarely got any national coverage. Bennett would have been largely preaching to the converted, and hence uncosted, general policy announcements would have received her standing ovations from her small support base.

Put her on the national stage however and she is no longer preaching to the converted, she's preaching to the sceptical, or downright hostile. She is talking to nationally known journalists not Green Internet bloggers, and well intentioned phrases such as "we want to build 5000,000 social houses" are shown to be nothing but empty tweeness. "That's very nice Natalie, but tell me again about how your open door immigration with free access to benefits, and your citizens income will be funded? Alongside your expansion in wind farm building, and your new recruited army if bureaucrats to monitor you carbon emission initiatives...."

And in my opinion Natalie Bennett seems to be someone with deeply held convictions who really really really doesn't like being challenged on them. She also seems to have quite a thin skin and seems to me to be always just one difficult question away from losing her temper. Quite a toxic combination in a national leader really. She will really be more comfortable going back to her small venue on-message crowds.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    WFT you want uncontrolled immigration that would benefit britain at all or would not benefit any nation, ukip policies are just as bad.

we need controls on immigration rules to make sure no criminals coming in, need to limit the numbers relate in each year as its only a limited number of homes and resources

If the Greens were to be elected to government, they would already have toned down some of their more controversial policies. So I wouldn't be too worried about "uncontrolled immigration".
  • Options
    iwearoddsocksiwearoddsocks Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »

Have a great amount of faith in the party leader after this farce then, do you?