The Heath Ledger Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the memorial site... :cry:
    I doubt whether you could ever begin to dream of just how much you were and are still loved. I doubt too whether you ever dreamed how much people received through watching you, but those who were personally loved by you bear the greatest sadness. Your quirky, intelligent, sincere loveliness, unbridled energy and profound skill- so beautiful. And all of this framed in a fragility that took you away. My sorrow is for the sorrow your heart held- alone in so many ways in a world that crowded in on you. Love to you on your journey.x x x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,818
    Forum Member
    Rugby Rose wrote: »

That was beautiful. I think it summed up how we are all feeling.:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was beautiful. I think it summed up how we are all feeling.:cry:

I think it does. Very beautifully written.
    Forum Member
    Any thoughts on a night yet everybody?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any thoughts on a night yet everybody?:confused:

Any night is good for me so far, no plans for the next week. So I'm happy to follow whatever is easier for everyone else.
    Forum Member
    How about Wednesday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about Wednesday?

Good for me.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for me.

That quote was lovely - well up time again tho :cry:

Wednesday dvd night sounds good, what are we watching?:D:D Are we all going to be suitably attired?:p
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a lovely but sad quote :(
    Wednesday is fine for me too. Just watched BBM with OH :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did he find it? I haven't plucked up the courage to watch it yet (if I can't watch a normal HL film yet, I don't see how I can sit through that without blubbing!That's why I've avoided it until now - I don't really like films that make me cry!:()
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wednesday is good for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems Wednesday is a good one. How about 10 Things I Hate About You? An early light hearted one to start off with?

Say 9pm? Will have my son sorted, in bed and hopefully asleep by then.

Some sort of stripey garment required. (Thanks for the suggestion Sillygirlflower :p)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    God that's so well written, wish I could have said it half as eloquently- how beautiful!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems Wednesday is a good one. How about 10 Things I Hate About You? An early light hearted one to start off with?

Some sort of stripey garment required. (Thanks for the suggestion Sillygirlflower :p)

Sounds like a good choice of movie. My Pjs are stripey, so I will be wearing those, together with my stripey sleep socks!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    booklover wrote: »
    Sounds like a good choice of movie. My Pjs are stripey, so I will be wearing those, together with my stripey sleep socks!!

Oooh good idea. Forgotten about me stripey jimjams. Even better. I might go the whole hog...stripey socks and stripey wooly hat too. Very attractive. :p
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did he find it? I haven't plucked up the courage to watch it yet (if I can't watch a normal HL film yet, I don't see how I can sit through that without blubbing!That's why I've avoided it until now - I don't really like films that make me cry!:()

He said it was a bit boring but was sad because of how they felt. Tbh, I never found it sad the first time round, the only thing that got me anywhere near crying last night was when Ennis' wife started crying when he left her to go off with Jack.
    Apart from that, the death of Jack etc never made me feel sad... :o

I don't have any stripey garment... I don't think...
    Weds is good for me and I can't wait to watch 10 Things again because that's like my favourite film :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    I don't have any stripey garment... I don't think...
    Weds is good for me and I can't wait to watch 10 Things again because that's like my favourite film :D

Best get your felt tips out then! :D:D I love 10 things too - along with AKT it's in my top 10 fave films (can't actually opt for any one film as my complete favourite cos it changes all the time, but those two are definitely up there all the time!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh good idea. Forgotten about me stripey jimjams. Even better. I might go the whole hog...stripey socks and stripey wooly hat too. Very attractive. :p

LOL! What a tribute! Lots of looney women wearing stripey clothing & accessories (think I may have a stripey beach bag somewhere..........although I can see a bit of a bag lady look coming on if you're not careful!:p - ohmigod! We're all going to look like Helena Bonham Carter!:D) watching his dvds with tissues & bottles of wine!! :D:D Brilliant!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL! What a tribute! Lots of looney women wearing stripey clothing & accessories (think I may have a stripey beach bag somewhere..........although I can see a bit of a bag lady look coming on if you're not careful!:p - ohmigod! We're all going to look like Helena Bonham Carter!:D) watching his dvds with tissues & bottles of wine!! :D:D Brilliant!

Excellent! :D
    Forum Member

Sounds great...i may even do some sort of stripey snack too;), going to wear stripey socks, nightie ,wrist warmers and scarf:D...and pray to God that no one calls round to see me, cos i'm not sure i want to explain what i am doing. Do they make stripey Beer?:confused::eek::D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds great...i may even do some sort of stripey snack too;), going to wear stripey socks, nightie ,wrist warmers and scarf:D...and pray to God that no one calls round to see me, cos i'm not sure i want to explain what i am doing. Do they make stripey Beer?:confused::eek::D:D

Ooh! Do they still sell Red Stripe beer? Or Tiger beer? And frazzles are stripey!! :D:D
    Forum Member
    brilliant idea! Will be wearing stripey gloves and stripey jumper in honour! 10 Things sounds good to me too and night is free as OH is out- the plan seems to be coming together very well...
    Forum Member
    Ooh! Do they still sell Red Stripe beer? Or Tiger beer? And frazzles are stripey!! :D:D

Red stripe beer, of course!!!. I think we will need to syncronise our watches and press play all at the same time!. I'm so excited....i don't get out much!!!:o:o:o:o:D
    Forum Member
    Red stripe beer, of course!!!. I think we will need to syncronise our watches and press play all at the same time!. I'm so excited....i don't get out much!!!:o:o:o:o:D
    What time are we aiming for? was it around 9 ish?
    Forum Member
    veronagirl wrote: »
    What time are we aiming for? was it around 9 ish?

Think so, but we need to check with everyone else. I'm off work this week so any time is good for me...