Who could be Moffat's Moffat?

2»

Comments

• jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    Really? People were thinking of him as RTD's successor as far back as then? Didn't know that...although in all fairness, I didn't go internet mad untill series 3 had started filming...so I wouldn't know...

If I had to pick, I would say Toby....Being Human has proved such a major hit, and it has a lot of the ingrediants that make Doctor Who brilliant, the wit, the madness, the darkness, the silliness, strong characters, flawed characters...so yes he will be my choice....but you never know the next Moff may just be Richard Curtis, considering how much of a success he is as a producer as well as a writer.

I love Toby Whithouse, he's written one of my favourite episodes of Who in School Reunion, one of my favourite episodes in Greeks Bearing Gifts, and I love Being Human.
  • RodaramaRodarama Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is Moffat's Moffat like Mallet's mallet but with more Karen Gillan/ Im going for Cornell, see my thread on Human nature/FOB
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Paul Cornell would be my choice. But basically, so long as it's not Mark Gatiss it at least stands a chance.

Paul Cornell has been my favourite (after Moffat) since S1 =]
    I agree.
  • cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh great thread OP..I have no idea who could do Moff's job, he was the heir to RTD and nobody else as a spare.

I hope he stays for a good while and will be able to bring on good writers who love the show in the future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we are yet to have those "moments" yet - u all know what I mean.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Howard Overman or Toby Whithouse. Gatiss would be terrible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to hear it. That must make life very difficult for you.:(

I know-we'll call you Bernard! How's that?:)

:D okay, kinda walked into that one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D'oh. Incredibly annoyed with myself for missing out Gareth Roberts, the other fanboy writer who;s provided quite good over the last couple of years.
  • la_bambila_bambi Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    toby whithouse would be great...

being human is great, also im looking foward for vampires in venice in 2 weeks.

JK Rowling should atleast do a few eps sometime i hope.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Not likely, unless they get permission from Warner Bros for a Harry Potter crossover! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone but Gatiss...

"In tonight's episode, Dr. Who fights a new race of monsters called the Nostalgions who destroy their enemies by drowning them. So put on your tank top, and get ready to hide behind the sofa with a plate of mum's yummy baked beans. That's Dr. Who after the Basil Brush show."