So has Diggory's absence been explained???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What with Molly and Tyrone on their way to visit him when they crashed??

Comments

• Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was mentioned last night that he visited Molly in hospital before the cameras started rolling.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has he actually ever appeared in the show? I've got a vague idea he did, but can't remember when or anything about him.
  • NathanTNathanT Posts: 1,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    It was mentioned last night that he visited Molly in hospital before the cameras started rolling.

How convenient.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GetSmart wrote: »
    Has he actually ever appeared in the show? I've got a vague idea he did, but can't remember when or anything about him.
    Diggory was a regular character for a short period. He owned a bakery next to Roy's Rolls.
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. He was in the show before Molly. He ran a cake shop and had a rivalry with Fred Elliot, if I remember correctly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diggory was a regular character for a short period. He owned a bakery next to Roy's Rolls.
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    Yes. He was in the show before Molly. He ran a cake shop and had a rivalry with Fred Elliot, if I remember correctly.

Thanks - I think I remember... was he played by a well-known actor, or am I imagining it? Someone who usually played comedy roles... perhaps I'm just inventing all this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NathanT wrote: »
    How convenient.

I'm not sure what you expect though. The actor is probably working somewhere else, not sat by the phone waiting for his annual one episode return.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    Realism isnt exactly one of corries strong points anymore!! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a TV show, it's not meant to be real. If it was meant to be like real life we would have an entire episode with Tyrone and Molly sitting on the sofa watching TV!
    Forum Member
    It's a TV show, it's not meant to be real. If it was meant to be like real life we would have an entire episode with Tyrone and Molly sitting on the sofa watching TV!

There is meant to be elements of realism in soap operas ;)
    Forum Member
    If they want viewers to believe in these characters then they should leave them true to form... Diggory would have gone out of his way to be at Mollys bedside.... Just not true to character!!
  • NathanTNathanT Posts: 1,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you expect though. The actor is probably working somewhere else, not sat by the phone waiting for his annual one episode return.

I'm sure he isn't - in which case, I'd expect them to come up with another excuse for Molly and Tyrone to be driving round the countryside...or at worst have them on the way to the airport to visit Diggory in some far-away country, where he wouldn't be able to come over from easily.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diggory didn't even turn up for his daughter's wedding...can't remember the excuse given for his absence though
  • TuvokTuvok Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0693426/

http://www.ericpotts.co.uk/profile.htm

At about 7mins in this showreel you can see him as Diggory

http://www.ericpotts.co.uk/showreel.htm
  • callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diggory didn't even turn up for his daughter's wedding...can't remember the excuse given for his absence though

He had a stroke or heart attack and couldnt make it. Which just so happened to occur shortly before the wedding :D
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What with Molly and Tyrone on their way to visit him when they crashed??

He was apparently at a confectioner's convention, which is the reason why Tyrone and |Molly stopped off for lunch and then decided to go for a drive to give him time to get back.

Also explains why there was no answer at his house when Kevin knocked. I only know this from watching repeats, as I was wondering the same thing first time around :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies! They could've added to the non-realism by using William from the local shop in Royston Vasey as Diggory's replacement!!:D