Options

Brian Belo on 8 out of 10 cats

2»

Comments

• Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went off him when he pretended never to have heard of Shakespeare during BB8.

Now I know his brain power isn't akin to that of Stephen Hawking's, but his continual need to play up to this so-called 'thick' stereotype has gone beyond annoying.
  • Options
    Hot ButterflyHot Butterfly Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Brian Belo and had this 'knowing' feeling he would win. He is everything wonkeydonkey and Blondedumbition say. Since coming out of the house he sometimes goes OTT and i wish he didn't but when he's on form i'd put him up against ANY other HM in any of the series. Some may call him fake but he has a way of seeing through people and getting right to the point in question and is brave enough to stand up to bullies. Others have been able to do this too but Brian also has the ability to make us laugh and is the first to laugh at himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has there been any intelligent people on big brother, accept for Andrew.

Vanessa Feltz.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went off him when he pretended never to have heard of Shakespeare during BB8.

Now I know his brain power isn't akin to that of Stephen Hawking's, but his continual need to play up to this so-called 'thick' stereotype has gone beyond annoying.

I said at the time he was as thick as two short planks but pretending to be a thick as six
    I loved Brian Belo and had this 'knowing' feeling he would win. He is everything wonkeydonkey and Blondedumbition say. Since coming out of the house he sometimes goes OTT and i wish he didn't but when he's on form i'd put him up against ANY other HM in any of the series. Some may call him fakebut he has a way of seeing through people and getting right to the point in question and is brave enough to stand up to bullies. Others have been able to do this too but Brian also has the ability to make us laugh and is the first to laugh at himself.

If he put on an act of being even less intelligent than he was then he was a fake

Simples
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll always have the memory of Brian being sick in a party hat in one his BBLB stints :(

I think he is just that thick, but he was a good housemate :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't see how his 'act' is any worse than Brian D's. Brian Belo knows how to make people laugh - it's a rare gift. He gets the crowd on his side and yet proves he's not really thick with a lot of the things he says.

I can't believe people are still talking about the Shakespeare incident - but that proves what a memorable HM he was/is. Travesty that he wasn't in the UBB house. No one can say he wouldn't have been better value than Ulrika, Coolio, Michelle or Preston.
  • Options
    CazooCazoo Posts: 2,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It takes a certain sort of guts to be vocal on a show like that, where the best lines are given to the comedians and you're basically cannon fodder. So good on him for that.

Now why the hell was Josie trying to clean the table so hard? Was she hoping someone would ask her about it so she could give a rehearsed response?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cazoo wrote: »
    It takes a certain sort of guts to be vocal on a show like that, where the best lines are given to the comedians and you're basically cannon fodder. So good on him for that.

Now why the hell was Josie trying to clean the table so hard? Was she hoping someone would ask her about it so she could give a rehearsed response?

Honestly? I think she was a bit nervous but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    capricorn girlcapricorn girl Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    He tries a little too hard for me, I just cringe at his awkwardness and self-awareness. He is protected by his 'popularity' within the BB fold, the likes of Davina, Dermot, George et al bigging him up and giving him big ideas above his station. He must have been devastated not to get into UBB but the powers that be must have realised he has limited appeal. He is good for a cheap laugh on the spin-off shows but that's about it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not funny, he's an idiot and embarrasses my home county. That supposed 'anecdote' about shitting himself on the tube and twittering for help sums up the bloke's stupidity.
  • Options
    len112len112 Posts: 4,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I said at the time he was as thick as two short planks but pretending to be a thick as six

If he put on an act of being even less intelligent than he was then he was a fake

Simples

It's the less intelligent ones that fell for that act in my opinion ,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AndyJK wrote: »
    He's not funny, he's an idiot and embarrasses my home county. That supposed 'anecdote' about shitting himself on the tube and twittering for help sums up the bloke's stupidity.

Brian embarrasses Essex? :p
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    len112 wrote: »
    It's the less intelligent ones that fell for that act in my opinion ,

Of course it didn't help that Desmond O' Dreary bigged him up on every edition of BBLB, making him out to be the funniest person since the dawn of time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not even original. Am I the only one who remembers when Josie's task was to take everyone's shoes and to cover up being caught out she screamed out at the top of her voice 'Oi did a wet fart and Oi've shit meself.'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think for one minute Brian is the thicko he pretends to
    be, he infact is probably very clever. I do however think he
    is still a great housemate who deserved to win his particular
    series, and yes i have to admit, he does make me laugh,
    quite a lot! :D:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 221
    Forum Member
    He does my head in with playing the " I'm stupid" all the time
    (even altho' it's not an act)

and they say Nikki and Nadia are attention seekers?

Brian your time was up ages ago

Shut up and goodbye

Could not agree with you more - he is far from stupid and talks like a little child only when it suits him to gain attention. I have seen him on a few things and believe me he can use big words when he wants to. On 8 out of 10 Cats he was doing the silly childish act and I just wish they had given him a harder time and ripped into him. So glad he wasnt on UBB as I cant bear his stupid voice and play acting and the producers knew this. Go away Brian as most people see right through you and your time has expired long long ago!!!
  • Options
    Mr PoeticMr Poetic Posts: 1,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I spoke in detail about how much I despise this guy and how much I wanted to punch him my post would be flagged and I'd probably be banned

Needless to say. I'm not a fan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

But you can't deny that it got by far the biggest laugh of the night. And really that is quite unusual for a BB housemate: normally they are on the show alongside the professionals as a bit of cannon fodder. I think that to say that it 'sums up his stupidity' (as you say) or that 'people were laughing at him, not with him' as someone else said, is plain wrong. He is a sharp, experienced tv personality who knows what will play well with the audience. I don't know how much he was paid for last night, but I reckon they got ample value for money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carol1956 wrote: »
    I cant bear his stupid voice and play acting and the producers knew this. !!!

:eek: Goodness. Just how influential ARE you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He tries a little too hard for me, I just cringe at his awkwardness and self-awareness. He is protected by his 'popularity' within the BB fold, the likes of Davina, Dermot, George et al bigging him up and giving him big ideas above his station. He must have been devastated not to get into UBB but the powers that be must have realised he has limited appeal. He is good for a cheap laugh on the spin-off shows but that's about it.

I'm quite stunned that he didn't make into UBB in any capacity.

Brian has practically prostituted himself at the altar of BB in the last 4 years.

You could be forgiven for thinking that at some point, the producers of the show would 'reward' him.

Like you say, they've obviously cottoned on to the fact that his appeal might be a little too limited.