dawndavenportdawndavenport Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still waiting in Glasgow!
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latest Met Office report - All of Wales now gone up to orange alert for tonight and tomorrow
  • Options
    TerryallgoldTerryallgold Posts: 1,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are getting snow tonight in West Yorkshire. I have already raided the salt bin for tomorrow morning!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting to fall in Poole ...
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    I live near Rhyl in North Wales and tomorrow we plan to go to Cadburys World in Birmingham for a reunion for the kids camp we do in the summer with all the other leaders.

Looking forward to it but obviously not a totally 'essential' trip so should we reconsider cos of the weather or just go anyway? - as things stand at this stage I think we will go but if anyone living between here and B'ham knows any different speak now or forever hold your piece!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather it didnt snow. It'l turn to ice after and no one will be able to walk anywhere without falling on their arse.
  • Options
    mattwoodfieldmattwoodfield Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    Alan, I dont think your going to have a problem in Birmingham!!! I dont think we are going to get any snow inland tonight!
  • Options
    _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    Some surprises tonight...two POLAR lows have appeared, could give heavy accumulation to Scotland, East Mids, Bucks and Herts!
  • Options
    LincsDan32LincsDan32 Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some surprises tonight...two POLAR lows have appeared, could give heavy accumulation to Scotland, East Mids, Bucks and Herts!

Thats bad then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As long as I can get from Herts to Dover, next Thursday, it can come down by the bucket full tonight!
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its all quite in cheshire though i think the snow will return come tuesday for southern england
  • Options
    mattwoodfieldmattwoodfield Posts: 6,036
    Forum Member
    Alan, I dont think your going to have a problem in Birmingham!!! I dont think we are going to get any snow inland tonight!

Erm, I wouldnt take heed of that advice just yet Alan, as there is a polar low developing as other posters have said. Dont know how far inland this is going to go yet!
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member
    Erm, I wouldnt take heed of that advice just yet Alan, as there is a polar low developing as other posters have said. Dont know how far inland this is going to go yet!

I think we'll get up, listen to the radio and look out the window and make a final decision then tbh
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

What's a polar low?
    Is it good or bad?
  • Options
    MoDingleMoDingle Posts: 4,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have the most mental thunder and lightening at the moment - very weird - lightening thru the snow looks quite blue - very bizarre weather - don't ever remember seeing both together before :confused:
  • Options
    wildmovieguywildmovieguy Posts: 8,342
    Forum Member

I don't think you guys are getting any!:p
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it gunna snow in Huddersfield? I hope soo
  • Options
    _SpeedRacer__SpeedRacer_ Posts: 6,724
    Forum Member
    Is it gunna snow in Huddersfield? I hope soo

Yes, within the next 2 hrs
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it took me longer than it should have realise, you were talking about snow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Apparently we are overnight and tomorrow :(
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, within the next 2 hrs
    get in there!!!!!

Hopefully we will get some in midfield too
  • Options
    CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heavy snow in Dollar, near Stirling - 30 miles east of Glasgow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would love to say tomorrow morning that I woke up to 10 inches :D
  • Options
    renard grisrenard gris Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would love to say tomorrow morning that I woke up to 10 inches :D

10 inches of what?!
  • Options
    david16david16 Posts: 14,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's usually so annoying that when it's all heavy dry snow, you happen to be where the cloud breaks and it just misses you by a whisker, while everywhere else surrouding you has had bucketfulls. But when the cloud comes over you and you hear and read of trafic reports of heavy snow blocking roads in areas close by, it happens to be heavy rain instead where you are and seemingly you're the only place where it's rained and having to do a mop up operation but not snowed.

Just hope you aren't just too far west because it looks like there's a lot on its way tonight.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
This discussion has been closed.