Options

Cowell: Maloney could be the next Brookstein!

PamthehoundPamthehound Posts: 5,333
Forum Member
All I can say is lets hope so he reflects Brooksteins singing ability completely and Maloney winning would be the final nail in the X Factor coffin.

I would love to see Cowells face if everyone voted for a Maloney/Rylan final with Baloney winning.

So lets all ensure that this is the last X Factor winner, after all the shows a fix .

Comments

• Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually wonder what Brookstein is saying about all on this he is never normally quiet. I must check out his twitter :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where has Simon Cowell mentioned Steve Brookside?. He never normally even acknowledges his existence.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve's twitter but he is very subdued from the days of old. Pretty pissed off to be compared to Maloney

https://twitter.com/SteveBrookie
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    I laugh at these simple people trying to teach Simon a lesson by lining his pockets....all he wants you to do is vote and watch the show....doesn't matter who you vote for. Christopher will get shafted with an album full of covers that will be out there by Mother's day and he'll get dropped soon after. No loss for Simon in the slightest...
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    *Liya* wrote: »
    I laugh at these simple people trying to teach Simon a lesson by lining his pockets....all he wants you to do is vote and watch the show....doesn't matter who you vote for. Christopher will get shafted with an album full of covers that will be out there by Mother's day and he'll get dropped soon after. No loss for Simon in the slightest...

Agreed - he'll just sign up the runner up or 3rd place artist and get some return that way.

If people did want to teach Simon a lesson they wouldn't vote or would just turn off. This way they're just giving him what he wants - $$$$
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i always said this. i imagine him win or not to rush out a covers album in time for mothers day then go back to his day job
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes a vote of spite or sympathy IMO is a waste of money
  • Options
    maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Actually wonder what Brookstein is saying about all on this he is never normally quiet. I must check out his twitter :D

I must confess I do refer to his twitter every last quarter of the year, but in September he said he was not going to get drawn into commenting on X-Factor, as he had said all he had to say on the show in the past. However, he said his favourite of the 13 finalists was James Arthur and hoped he would win; and he predicted a Jahmene, Ella, Union J final 3.
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But when there are only a handful of contestants (and only 1 or 2 winners) who have actually made something of themselves after the show, another dodgy winner doesn't help the shows image- especially at a time when its reputation and ratings are hanging by a thread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed - he'll just sign up the runner up or 3rd place artist and get some return that way.

If people did want to teach Simon a lesson they wouldn't vote or would just turn off. This way they're just giving him what he wants - $$$$

Yup it's a waste of time and money and if there is any truth in the papers Simon Cowell already has a deal on the table for Ella, I tend not to believe anything in the papers at all when it comes to bad press, but I would not consider that to be bad press.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steve Brookstein was a decent singer but too old for this generation of music buyers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oxygenjj wrote: »
    Yes a vote of spite or sympathy IMO is a waste of money

Agreed, its just dishonesty at it's best
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldn't agree more and I've said exactly the same thing. Cowell already knows who is getting signed. The 'wrong' winner will be a minor inconvenience for him but nothing more than that. He'll shove them in the corner and ignore them and still be laughing all the way to the bank.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more and I've said exactly the same thing. Cowell already knows who is getting signed. The 'wrong' winner will be a minor inconvenience for him but nothing more than that. He'll shove them in the corner and ignore them and still be laughing all the way to the bank.

Was that not what he did to Matt Cardle? I only seen a brief headline on digitalspy about Matt eventually asking to be released from his contract because he was put of a shelf to make way for 1 Direction, so he recently moved to Columbia records? I did not even read the full story if I'm being honest
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member

EXACTLY, it's funny nobody gets that!
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I can say is lets hope so he reflects Brooksteins singing ability completely and Maloney winning would be the final nail in the X Factor coffin.

I would love to see Cowells face if everyone voted for a Maloney/Rylan final with Baloney winning.

So lets all ensure that this is the last X Factor winner, after all the shows a fix .

If the show was a fix we wouldn't be able to achieve a Rylan/Maloney final. Basic flaw in your logic there.
  • Options
    RevenReven Posts: 2,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it depends on the context he said it in (link?) as to whether it comes across as a postive or negative thing but I hope it wasn't in a nasty way as he's just shooting himself/the show in the foot if so. Anyway, speaking of Steve Brookstein, I was reading his twitter yesterday or the day before after someone here linked that clip of Sharon ripping him apart (Pretty awful way to treat him! And I thought her throwing water over Louis was bad! Why does anyone want her back?) and came away with the conclusion not to take his X Factor tips as ways to make money at the bookies. Two examples "Worth a bet? Ella to win. Chris and Rylan bottom two tonight and both to cry." and "Deadlock. James going home."
    I suppose it shows former contestants have no more clue than the rest of us as to who's going to win or get kicked off any particular week! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    i always said this. i imagine him win or not to rush out a covers album in time for mothers day then go back to his day job

He would not be allowed to release an album that early whether he wins or loses
  • Options
    oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

count out valentines as well ♥
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wasn't Marcus's album released around March or April?
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daisybelle wrote: »
    Was that not what he did to Matt Cardle? I only seen a brief headline on digitalspy about Matt eventually asking to be released from his contract because he was put of a shelf to make way for 1 Direction, so he recently moved to Columbia records? I did not even read the full story if I'm being honest

No, Matt was co-signed to Columbia records who eventually dropped him.
  • Options
    GANA66GANA66 Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way that Chris will be the next Brookie. Even Tulisa will not act life Sharon to give him the required extra boost
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    It really is staggering that people still think they can boycott X factor by watching/voting for people like rylan and baloney... it didn't work with wagner and it won't work with any contestant. Get a grip and switch off! That is the only way. Or watch strictly or something :p
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well Simon, most of us know the real story about Steve. He asked to be released from the contract because he did his first album of covers and Cowell wanted him to do another. Cowell is not interested in investing in new songs. Ever since he has been behind the blacklisting of Steve and the negative press. The man is an arrogent bully to anyone who dares to disagree with him.

I hope Rylan and Chris are in the final together and that one of them wins, it is about time Cowell got a poke in the eye from the public he tries so hard to manipulate.
  • Options
    macman11macman11 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Trying to build momentum for this campaign...

http://www.facebook.com/GetRylanAndChristopherInTheXFactorFinal