'We will be sitting around the shadow cabinet table': Osborne's grim joke on Tories e

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
Forum Member
Osborne joked they would soon be sitting at the shadow cabinet table

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271038/We-sitting-shadow-cabinet-table-Osbornes-grim-joke-Tories-election-prospects.html#ixzz2JZLPyy38
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Lol Tory losers they already know they will lose

Comments

• trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan111 wrote: »
    Osborne joked they would soon be sitting at the shadow cabinet table

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2271038/We-sitting-shadow-cabinet-table-Osbornes-grim-joke-Tories-election-prospects.html#ixzz2JZLPyy38
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Lol Tory losers they already know they will lose

I don't blame him if he was using gallows humour. If I were him, I'd dearly love to see that idiot Balls being forced to accept what he refuses to do on a daily basis. It would wipe the smug grin off his ample face, and that of the rest of the Labour supporting dreamers up and down the country.

The only downside is that he would take the rest of us down with him.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish in a way that Labour could take over now and not in 2015 and be exposed for what they are. The public would soon realise that they don't have the answers.
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    The only losers are those who vote Labour. The rest of us manage our affairs within our means regardless of who governs us.

As Trevgo says. lets have Wallace and Grommit running the country. No money equals no benefits either :D

P S Did anyone see that Labour party political broadcast on television last night? Apparently he is PROFESSOR Milliband in America! Nearly died laughing! :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Personally I hope they are in opposition after the next election. But if that proves to be the case it will be due in no small part to the odious Mr Osborne and his dismal failure as Chancellor.
  • Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I hope they are in opposition after the next election. But if that proves to be the case it will be due in no small part to the odious Mr Osborne and his dismal failure as Chancellor.

how is he a failure? hasn't he managed to get the defecit down by approx 23%?
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least it shows he has a sense of humour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As, of course, compared to the towering triumph of Messrs Brown and Darling (and Balls in the back office)?

I never ceases to amaze me just how deluded some people are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member

Not now

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/cameron-busted-on-debt-claims/12556
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    trevgo wrote: »
    I never ceases to amaze me just how deluded some people are.

That is the second time I have agreed with one of your posts in as many minutes!
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    I wish in a way that Labour could take over now and not in 2015 and be exposed for what they are. The public would soon realise that they don't have the answers.

So do I. We would get the economy moving (upwards) again after 2 1/2 years of Tory stagnation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not if Gove/Johnson/May? have any brains.
  • jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 63,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So do I. We would get the economy moving (upwards) again after 2 1/2 years of Tory stagnation.

The magic of borrowing is alive and well in those who seem to be stuck in a back to the future movie.
  • northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osborne was partially right. It will be a shadow cabinet table but probably only half of them will be sitting around it. Cameron and Osborne will have quit frontbench politics by then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really? In that case I'll vote Labour.

Just so long as they can provide an explanation as to how they would achieve this noble aim. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osborne was partially right. It will be a shadow cabinet table but probably only half of them will be sitting around it. Cameron and Osborne will have quit frontbench politics by then.

Two-and-a-bit year's time? Dream on.

If a complete and utter failure like Balls can still be pretending he has a shred of credibility in opposition, I'm sure George will endure.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    Another flippant comment that is going to run and run, much like the there is no money comment as well. Another joke that would be used as ammunition by the other side.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    trevgo wrote: »
    Really? In that case I'll vote Labour.

Just so long as they can provide an explanation as to how they would achieve this noble aim. :rolleyes:

Wasn't it moving upwards when Osborne took over?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Like the Conservatives even care about the economy. It's not them or their banker pals who have to work 60 hour weeks just to pay the bills and put food on the table.

It's them and their banker mates taking PROFIT from the rest of us being screwed. It doesn't even matter so much if we go into a triple dip recession, the right wing propaganda is so slimily, hysterically dishonest they'll probably persuade enough turkeys to vote for Christmas that Osbourne will get back in. It amazes me how anyone with less than a million quid in savings could be so deluded to think the Conservative's policies are good for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoudGeoffW wrote: »
    Wasn't it moving upwards when Osborne took over?

It was growing thanks to Labour's post election stimulus, which it was to end even if it had won the election. Then the cuts they would have had to made - very little different to what has actually been done, coupled with the deterioration in our export markets.

Do you seriously, for one nano-second, believe Labour could have achieved the growth that has alluded the coalition? They haven't the faintest clue, which is why, other than pathetic cat calling, they have a big fat ZERO to propose on the matter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like the Conservatives even care about the economy. It's not them or their banker pals who have to work 60 hour weeks just to pay the bills and put food on the table.

It's them and their banker mates taking PROFIT from the rest of us being screwed. It doesn't even matter so much if we go into a triple dip recession, the right wing propaganda is so slimily, hysterically dishonest they'll probably persuade enough turkeys to vote for Christmas that Osbourne will get back in. It amazes me how anyone with less than a million quid in savings could be so deluded to think the Conservative's policies are good for them.

I admire your intellectual rigour on the subject :rolleyes:

I think you'll find there was no greater "pals" of the bankers than Messrs Brown, Darling and Balls.
  • KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member

I'm getting sick of this 'Tories are the party of the rich', from what I can tell, It's Labour who are the party of the bankers and the well off.

It's under Labour Hospitals were allowed to get into debt using PFI schemes pushed onto them, and now up and down the country, hospitals are paying for it.

It's under Labour the banks brought the country to it's knees paying over the odds for bailing them out and then allowing the bank CEO's and Directors to KEEP their huge bonus's every year!

Wasn't it Labour who also wanted to force a ID Cards scheme onto us, after spending £20billion on an NHS I.T. System that didn't work and let's not forget the 2 aircraft carriers that had no aircraft, not to mention the £32billion hole in the MOD Budget.

I'm sick of this 'Tories helping the rich'. The only thing people on the Labour side can bash the Tories with is the "tax break for this rich" malarky over and over again. I'm constantly hearing that the rich will pay more in this tax year than any of the 13 years Labour was in charge, the fact that Labour isn't even arguing against this means there's truth to it.

Of course people want Labour back in, let's turn the borrowing taps back on and we can all spend ourselves to oblivion and the bankers can have their massive bonus's back from a Government who never take any tough decision, just roll over and say "how much do you want?"
  • Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because of cause the Tories do - well only if the question is 'how do I destroy the british economy and create massive societal divisions in the process?'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And made the debt bigger and presided over zero growth/triple dip recession/depression.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's under Labour Hospitals were allowed to get into debt using PFI schemes pushed onto them, and now up and down the country, hospitals are paying for it.

If the Tories hadn't let the public estate rot there might have been enough money to bring hospitals up to standard without recourse to PFI. If you are opposed to PFI why aren't you objecting to the Tories using it to fund their school building programme? Or don't you care about schools getting into debt using PFI schemes pushed onto them? Is that somehow different?
    It's under Labour the banks brought the country to it's knees paying over the odds for bailing them out and then allowing the bank CEO's and Directors to KEEP their huge bonus's every year!

You'd have preferred the financial system to have collapsed taking savers and investors money with it? And I don't see the Tories doing much to stop the bank bonuses.
    Wasn't it Labour who also wanted to force a ID Cards scheme onto us, after spending £20billion on an NHS I.T. System that didn't work and let's not forget the 2 aircraft carriers that had no aircraft, not to mention the £32billion hole in the MOD Budget.

Two words - train franchise.
    I'm sick of this 'Tories helping the rich'. The only thing people on the Labour side can bash the Tories with is the "tax break for this rich" malarky over and over again. I'm constantly hearing that the rich will pay more in this tax year than any of the 13 years Labour was in charge, the fact that Labour isn't even arguing against this means there's truth to it.

They gave a tax break for the rich at a time when the poorest are suffering. That's a fact, just accept it.
    Of course people want Labour back in,

That's the only bit I agree with. Yes who wouldn't want rid of this inept shower?
  • MajlisMajlis Posts: 31,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Tories hadn't let the public estate rot there might have been enough money to bring hospitals up to standard without recourse to PFI. If you are opposed to PFI why aren't you objecting to the Tories using it to fund their school building programme? Or don't you care about schools getting into debt using PFI schemes pushed onto them? Is that somehow different?

I have told you before that they are using PF2 rather than PFI - whether PF2 is any better than PFI only time will tell but they have supposedly ironed out a lot of the faults.

But any excuse for a Party Political Broadcast eh? :D
    You'd have preferred the financial system to have collapsed

Good hyperbole - totally untrue, but good hyperbole none the less :p