The Inbetweeners Movie gets a US remake!

lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,636
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Gotta give it to them. They are trying. They are really, really trying to make some money on a hugely successful British TV show and film. Following the failure of the TV remake, they are now attempting a film version. Nothing will stop good old Hollywood in its never ending quest to copy ideas and make some money!
Urm... okay then.
http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38537

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    This was announced ages ago...

The film was fairly generic anyway, they could probably use the exact same script...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »
    Gotta give it to them. They are trying. They are really, really trying to make some money on a hugely successful British TV show and film. Following the failure of the TV remake, they are now attempting a film version. Nothing will stop good old Hollywood in its never ending quest to copy ideas and make some money!
    Urm... okay then.
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38537

That's a bit rich considering The Inbetweeners copies everything from previous sitcoms and the movie was horribly generic and devoid of anything original or even remotely intelligent.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the original film released in the US as well?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Wasn't the original film released in the US as well?

Yes, but by a small indie distributor, with no real marketing power.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    That's a bit rich considering The Inbetweeners copies everything from previous sitcoms and the movie was horribly generic and devoid of anything original or even remotely intelligent.

'Cos of course there's a thing as a genuinely 'new' sitcom, right.:rolleyes:

The whole point of The Inbetweeners is that it's a combination/reinvention of things that have gone before for a contemporary audience. What it does, it does well. I agree that the film was weak but then they always are. The fact that the Septics are trying to copy the formula is vaguely flattering but given that Hollywood comedy is so dire...
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but by a small indie distributor, with no real marketing power.

Ah right.
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    By intelligent do you mean witty. Humour is about making people laugh, it can be witty but that can be rather boring if it doesn't actually make you laugh.
    Ive no idea why you think the show is not original.
    The series shows teenagers in the raw, their naivety is the brilliance of the show,I cant think of and previous series that has captured this so embarrassingly brilliant.,please don't say Please Sir.or Porkys, neither got anywhere near the life of a teenager approaching adulthood. the show is extremely funny, The genius of the writing is it's not farce, am sure many teenagers have gone through the same situations in life many times.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    I never saw the tv (British) series but I laughed out loud at the film. Only disapointment for me was that I had been led to believe it was set in Malia on Crete but was in fact filmed in Magaluf in Spain.