Options

3D yes or no

thanks for your help people on tv advice narrowed download to a couple but before I jump in
Is 3D worth a punt and which one passive or active
Was thinking passive
Are there enough films etc to justify it and does it cost extra from Sky
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it can cost extra from Sky depending on the package you are on.

There are enough films to justify it. But I don't see the percentage of new releases using 3d getting bigger, so the format isn't expanding.

Some 3d films are really enhanced by 3d; the last Spider-Man film is a good example. Others seem to just tag on 3d as an accessory. The film doesn't benefit or the effect is distracting.
  • Options
    glagysglagys Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    I have the full package from sky
    so it may be ok for me
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a 3D TV and 3D Projector. If I needed to replace either of them I'd definitely go for 3D equipment again. It doesn't get used a massive amount, but it's a nice thing to have for movies that are genuinely enhanced by the format.
  • Options
    glagysglagys Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    If I record/download a 3d film to my sky box will it play back in 3d or has my sky box only 2d recording facility???
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    glagys wrote: »
    If I record/download a 3d film to my sky box will it play back in 3d or has my sky box only 2d recording facility???

Your box will record two side-by-side pictures, that a 3D TV will convert.

Have to say that 1080i 3D from Sky looks so much better upscaled on my 55" UHD passive 3D TV.

The 4K/3D demos are stunning.