Aaron's Ejection Had NOTHING To Do With His "Offensive Behaviour"

Comments

• LMAOLMAO Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    docman wrote: »
    Exactly, the point isn't whether Aaron should have been removed, the point is that the handling is NOT consistent or fair. If Aaron should have been removed, which is fair, then so should Bianca have been for rubbing her fanny on the male housemates last year.

Was she nekkid & did they ask her to stop?... If so, then yes she should have been removed.

I see a lot of posts comparing apples with oranges, LOTS of HMs have gotten naked & done stupid things when they were drunk, Aaron was not evicted for that. He was evicted because he was invading another HMs personal space while being naked & stupid, there is a huge difference.

Joel was clearly uncomfortable & trying to diffuse the situation without being rude to Aaron, but Aaron was too drunk or blind to read the signals & the other HMs were egging him on. Whatsherface who was in that secret room with Daley, she kissed him & was flirting with him, but when he slapped her butt & put his arm on her neck she felt uncomfortable & he also failed to read the signals & was ejected & also Jeremy opening Thingys dressing gown & flashing her boob.... Again, invading personal space.

Most of the other examples I have seen people quoting, are of HMs showing off to the cameras (and the public) not targetting individual HMs - Though if Bianca was naked doing what you described, I agree she should also have gone.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron went too far, but I do think producers capitalized on it for the ratings.

I don't think he should have been removed.
  • Slave2lifeSlave2life Posts: 3,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually felt sorry for Aaron.....When we are drunk and can raise a laugh (apart from other things) we carry on trying to have a bigger and better laugh. This often results in some sort of consequence. Harriet and Pieface were laughing loud and egging him on....Harriet even pushed Aaron towards Joel at one point. Aaron is a soul who loves the limelight and enjoyed making people laugh. His attention directed towards Joel was not in order by any stretch of the imagination. But how many of us have reasoned things out when drunk.
    BB were wrong in throwing him out where a warning would have sufficed.
    So yes OP...you make a very valid point. :)
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,597
    Forum Member
    I guess it all comes down to context. I feel, given most in the bedroom, the general atmosphere leading up to it, just a final warning should have been given for running up to him and cuddling him naked when he clearly didn't want that.

That said, what if it was a man flashing and jumping on a woman which was not invited. I do say some of the suggestive nature in editing and throwing out does seem more on BB's need to publicity this series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would there be a problem if Aaron was straight and doing the exact same thing to a 19 year old girl who was a virgin. Well if it was my daughter Id be turning up at the BB site the next day trying to get my hands round is neck.
    He's a lurky slimey predator who had to go.. never to be seen again. >:(>:(
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wallster wrote: »
    Exactly. Even a warning to Aaron would have been OTT, but to evict him brings up all sorts of questions about prejudice and Big Brother.

Seriously? :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO wrote: »
    Was she nekkid & did they ask her to stop?... If so, then yes she should have been removed.

I see a lot of posts comparing apples with oranges, LOTS of HMs have gotten naked & done stupid things when they were drunk, Aaron was not evicted for that. He was evicted because he was invading another HMs personal space while being naked & stupid, there is a huge difference.

Joel was clearly uncomfortable & trying to diffuse the situation without being rude to Aaron, but Aaron was too drunk or blind to read the signals & the other HMs were egging him on. Whatsherface who was in that secret room with Daley, she kissed him & was flirting with him, but when he slapped her butt & put his arm on her neck she felt uncomfortable & he also failed to read the signals & was ejected & also Jeremy opening Thingys dressing gown & flashing her boob.... Again, invading personal space.

Most of the other examples I have seen people quoting, are of HMs showing off to the cameras (and the public) not targetting individual HMs - Though if Bianca was naked doing what you described, I agree she should also have gone.

Her name was Hazel and she pulled Daleys trousers down first! Yet she stayed in the house an it turns out she's a bridesmaid for Rylans wedding!! Coincidence? I think not!!
  • JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people seem to think that because Aaron is gay and he was targetting another guy the situation is less serious. Joel is, according to him and we have to assume it is true, straight and also a virgin and quite clearly didn't like what was going on. It doesn't matter what gender or sexual orientation a person is. Sexual harrassment is sexual harassment and I don't see how anyone can say that what Aaron was doing wasn't sexual harassment. Let's put it another way. Keiran is a straight man and Adjoa is gay. What if it had been him chasing her around like that. Would that still be acceptable?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am all up for some male nudity, but I assume that BB must look at the scenario in a manner that suggests 'would this be acceptable outside the house, in public....would this be criminal anywhere else other than in the house.?'
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would there be a problem if Aaron was straight and doing the exact same thing to a 19 year old girl who was a virgin. Well if it was my daughter Id be turning up at the BB site the next day trying to get my hands round is neck.
    He's a lurky slimey predator who had to go.. never to be seen again. >:(>:(

Why do people have to be so bloody black and white on here? No room at all for the subtlety of the conversation we SHOULD be having after seeing something like that. I'll repost what I said earlier:

A lot of people have said that if Aaron was a straight man and Joel a straight woman, there would have been uproar. I think the comparison is disingenuous.

The first reason is the context. The context is entirely incomparable. If that had been a straight man doing that to a straight woman others would have stepped in straight away and there wouldn't have been an air of hilarity about the room with several housemates actively encouraging Aaron. Without the hilarity and the encouragement, drunken Aaron would have stopped much, much earlier.

So why do people laugh when it's a gay man chasing an (apparently) straight man.

Maybe it's because they've observed these two together; their baths and conversations; their MUTUAL flirting. Now Joel would vociferously deny he's flirted back, but I don't think that's fair. If he was that uncomfortable about his own sexuality he wouldn't constantly indulge Aaron's conversations about it and camp it up in front of Aaron. He's blatantly conflicted about how he's reacting to Joel - but reacting he is. Aaron knows it, Joel knows it and we know it.

Whatever's going on with Joel, the BB house is not the right place to be going through it. And Aaron was absolutely out of order. He should have the cop on the let whatever's happening happen at it's own pace. But he was drunk and he's young and a bit stupid.

In any event, I strongly believe that a conversation with both of them, separately, a conversation with both of them together - by BB - and a warning would have been more than sufficient.

Can I also add that this incident is completely incomparable to the Hazel/Daley or the Chloe/Jeremy incidents. Hazel and Daley were on their own, he was clearly angry and aggressive. Joel and Aaron were not on their own, Aaron was not angry and everyone in the room - including Joel - was laughing. Chloe/Jeremy - again they were alone and Jeremy didn't expose himself, he exposed Chloe. In any event, we didn't even see what happened there so we cannot compare them.

So many people on here have to fit every incident or interaction into some pre-supposed box. It's depressing.
  • radders2012radders2012 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Op clearly likes their conspracy theories.

I think it was possible a bit of an over the top raction - but then isn't that what has been happening in BB for a while since the Jade/Shilpa series. Anything mildly troubling is immediately lept on.

Having said that, he was completely out of order and being drunk is no excuse but he wasnt the only one at fault here, the other HMs should have stepped in, BB should have stepped in earlier too. Joel, however, dealt with it the best way he could.

End of the day, Aaron made unwanted "sexual" overtures towards Joel - didn't stop when he asked him to and made Joel feel uncomfortable. Open and shut case.
  • jojo the joyfuljojo the joyful Posts: 17,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Astute wrote: »
    [/B]

The flashing is one issue

The more serious issue is deliberately and persistently physically pursuing someone and "getting in their face" which is an act of aggression, no matter what excuses you offer ex post facto.

This is exacerbated by the fact that the "victim" has indicated both verbally and physically (by retreating) that it is unwelcome.

This was made even worse by the fact that this is a confined environment and he had nowhere to go to escape this .

Its not just about flashing

Totally Agree. As Astute as they come ;-)
  • academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you make a good point. I doubt if I'll watch tonight. I was so sickened with the way Aaron was treated that it may be time to switch off.

Some of us were sickened by the way Aaron behaved. It's gross behaviour in any place you care to name and would result in removsl, even arrest.
    Good riddance to Aaron.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    academia wrote: »
    Some of us were sickened by the way Aaron behaved.

That is more a reflection of you than anything else.
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I posted on another thread, I blame the HM's for egging him on, and BB for not calling him into the diary room sooner and giving him a warning.

It was nothing like Jeremy/Chloe and Hazel/Dale, this more or less harmless fun that got out of hand in a room full of HM's egging him on.

Im up for seeing a naked man running about, a mans a man weather hes gay or not, seen many t**s being bandied about over the years, so a naked man is a treat in my eyes.
  • LMAOLMAO Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Big Brother really has hit an all time low this year!
    The ejection of Aaron was a blatant attempt to lure viewers in to watching tonight's live "4 In 4 Out" special.

Source? ... I assume you have proof of how BB instructed Aaron to behave that way, just so that they could eject him as a publicity stunt to get more ratings.

Strange how Aaron reacted with the tears & all the apologies, did he forget that BB had told him to do it?
  • BowdonBowdon Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some peoples opinions are living in cloud cuckoo land.. Talk about finding any excuse as to why Aaron was kicked off the show. Some people will blame it on anything but Aarons own actions.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Source? ... I assume you have proof of how BB instructed Aaron to behave that way, just so that they could eject him as a publicity stunt to get more ratings.

Strange how Aaron reacted with the tears & all the apologies, did he forget that BB had told him to do it?

I think what they meant was BB only removed Aaron to bring in publicity for tonight, it all seems a bit drastic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Throwing him out was a losd of bollocks. Also, his entire reaction to being chucked out was laughably fake.

I wonder if Aaron was actually in on the whole thing tbh.
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    zelda fan wrote: »
    I really do think BB on CH5 have gone too far over the years, enough is enough we the viewers should stop watching to teach them a lesson.

i agree. people need to boycott the show after tonight to tell big brother we wont let them treat aaron and the 4 who are being kicked out in the trainwreck tonigt so badly.
  • wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bowdon wrote: »
    Some peoples opinions are living in cloud cuckoo land.. Talk about finding any excuse as to why Aaron was kicked off the show. Some people will blame it on anything but Aarons own actions.

I think it is now generally accepted that Aaron's actions didn't justify his punishment, so therefore the focus has to be elsewhere.
  • KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    I think it is now generally accepted that Aaron's actions didn't justify his punishment.

Awwwww! Your quite sweet in a funny sort of way! :D
  • AstuteAstute Posts: 4,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is now generally accepted that Aaron's actions didn't justify his punishment, so therefore the focus has to be elsewhere.

generally accepted ....where ?????

This is not about punishment : its about providing a safe environment for ALL participants - whether you like them or not -or like it or not - every one has a right to not be aggressed upon .

but as i stated here - i think BB let both Aaron and Joel down
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2076480
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    Her name was Hazel and she pulled Daleys trousers down first! Yet she stayed in the house an it turns out she's a bridesmaid for Rylans wedding!! Coincidence? I think not!!

Rylan and DAN's wedding - she and Dan are friends, have been friends since they were on the show together.
  • lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Joel was clearly uncomfortable & trying to diffuse the situation without being rude to Aaron, but Aaron was too drunk or blind to read the signals & the other HMs were egging him on. Whatsherface who was in that secret room with Daley, she kissed him & was flirting with him, but when he slapped her butt & put his arm on her neck she felt uncomfortable & he also failed to read the signals & was ejected & also Jeremy opening Thingys dressing gown & flashing her boob.... Again, invading personal space

Daley was out of order , but only turned when Hazel pulled down his shorts to expose his genitals to the nation, she crossed the line there and BB were too slow to intervene in that particular instant.Aaron was rightly shown the door, unacceptable behaviour