The Great British Bake Off 2015 - Series 6

JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
Forum Member
✭✭
Did anyone see the advert for this year's series after the tennis on BBC1 just before 6pm? Funny and a quick reminder that it's coming back.

Comments

• JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't anyone see it on Friday either?
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen it - brilliant :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just seen the full advert. Really funny.
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Do we know a start date?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know. They normally show 'Coming Soon' adverts about 3-4 weeks before a show starts don't they??
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I don't know. They normally show 'Coming Soon' adverts about 3-4 weeks before a show starts don't they??

I noticed that the BBC Media Centre revealed the names of the 12 contestants on 29th July last year with the first programme a week later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking Wednesday 5th August. Started on Wednesday 6th last year.
  • innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Didn't sky acquire the rights to this?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I noticed that the BBC Media Centre revealed the names of the 12 contestants on 29th July last year with the first programme a week later.
    I'm thinking Wednesday 5th August. Started on Wednesday 6th last year.

Exciting - less than a month.
    aurichie wrote: »

I would be so upset if they did.
  • itsJoeitsJoe Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw one of them on TV the other day and now just seen the newer one. Can't wait for the new series!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aurichie wrote: »

Didn't someone mention this earlier, I think they bought the production company that makes the programme but the BBC have programmes made by lots of different companies including ones owned by Sky and ITV.

I think the format is owned by the BBC, the BBC Media Centre site has announcements of various countries having paid to run their own local version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't someone mention this earlier, I think they bought the production company that makes the programme but the BBC have programmes made by lots of different companies including ones owned by Sky and ITV.

I think the format is owned by the BBC, the BBC Media Centre site has announcements of various countries having paid to run their own local version.

Oh that is good news. Long may it stay on the BBC.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay love bake off:D
  • CaligCalig Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    I can't wait!
  • jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh that is good news. Long may it stay on the BBC.
    It can go both ways - either the BBC can develop the idea then the company gets commissioned to actually make it, or the company 'pitches' an idea which the BBC then pay for the production of. So it's not definitive, the BBC may or may not own the Intellectual property rights.

In any case I don't think it would make great sense for Sky to 'pinch' it off the BBC even if the the production company do own the rights. As it stands the show gets the best possible exposure a TV show in Britain could have and must make pots of money from merchandising. If they moved it over to Sly they would lose that but offset it with how many new subscribers? Lots of people like Bake Off, but I don't think that means they'd pay to watch Sky in massive numbers if it went there. It's not like premiership football where there are built in loyalties already.

I suspect the production company know that GBBO is best off where it is and will tell the Sky management so if the change is mooted.

Furthermore, I suspect they signed a new production contract when the moved to BBC1. Given the popularity of GBBO, I suspect that contract was to produce several series. They couldn't get out f that easily, and it would probably cost them/Sky a very large sum of money indeed to 'buy the BBC out' - probably 10's of millions.

Back to the OP, I am looking forward to it yes. I was wary last series that the move to BBC1 would ruin things but, despite AlaskaGate, it pretty much survived the move intact in the end. Assuming nothing has been mucked about with too much this time, it very much should be fun.
  • YeraYera Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    So looking forward to it! Thanks for thread Jamie 😊
  • Alleycat666Alleycat666 Posts: 8,735
    Forum Member
    Do we know a start date?

Last couple of years it has ended in mid-October (when I've been on holiday) so an early August start is probably about right for it to end around then.

Can't wait!
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two weeks I think.

TV Satalite Guide for next week has it on the last page in their 'next week' bit, if that makes sense :D

I'll guess at 5th August.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SXTony wrote: »
    Two weeks I think.

TV Satalite Guide for next week has it on the last page in their 'next week' bit, if that makes sense :D

I'll guess at 5th August.

Digiguide
    COOKERY: The Great British Bake Off
    On: BBC 1 Scotland HD
    Date: Wednesday 5th August 2015 (starting in 14 days)
    Time: 20:00 to 21:00 (1 hour long)

Ten passionate home bakers take part in a bake-off to test every aspect of their baking skills as they battle to be crowned the Great British Bake Off's best amateur baker. Presented by Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins.
    (4 Star)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=7346

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They also have Extra Slice billed for Fridays.

It does not say who is presenting it, Keeping fingers crossed that it is not that terrible Brand woman again!

COOKERY: The Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice
    On: BBC 2 Scotland (02)
    Date: Friday 7th August 2015 (starting in 16 days)
    Time: 21:00 to 21:30 (30 minutes long)

The companion show to the show 'The Great British Bake Off' featuring behind the scenes footage, interviews, and more.
    (4 Star)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.tv/?p=1&r=7346

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.*
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited for it coming back!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They also have Extra Slice billed for Fridays.

It does not say who is presenting it, Keeping fingers crossed that it is not that terrible Brand woman again!

I like Jo Brand.

It's annoying it's not on straight after the show though, like You're Fired.

TWO WEEKS TODAY!!!!! Yay.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed on the GBBO Twitter feed:
    1) Get pen. 2) Open diary. 3) Go to Wed 5 Aug. 4) Write 'BAKE OFF COMES BACK AT 8PM ON @BBCONE!!!’ 5) Cry tears of joy.

https://twitter.com/BritishBakeOff/status/623857928076980224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had an email for tickets to An Extra Slice and it says it is Jo Brand presenting.