Options

Claire is the best Apprentice candidate since Ruth Badger!

Comments

• Options
    temperaretemperare Posts: 3,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sir Alan himself said that she was victimising him!!!!!!!

:mad:
  • Options
    The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hence the word 'example'

Claire is not a bully! That is plain to see.

Alex bullied Nicholas in the first episode when he publically blamed him for ****ing up the prices, this was a humiliation. Simon and Claire rowed without any of the other team-members around.

You are the one talking rubbish, beleive you me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hence the word 'example'

Claire is not a bully! That is plain to see.

Alex bullied Nicholas in the first episode when he publically blamed him for ****ing up the prices, this was a humiliation. Simon and Claire rowed without any of the other team-members around.

You are the one talking rubbish, beleive you me

She made references in the boardroom to him being sweaty....How is that not humiliating?
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    *Laura* wrote: »
    I have to agree. From day one Ruth stood out as a very good candidate who was an asset to any team. Even amongst her fellow competitors she was known as "the one who won the tasks", hardly something that can be said about Claire.

So true.

I wonder why she decided to go with Raefs decision on the expensive wedding dresses in the end ?
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Claire. As far as the photography task went, I think Simon did himself no favours at all and just served himself up for firing - it was that particular episode that made me like Claire all the more for not taking his crap!

I'm in the minority on this forum however as I like both Claire and Alex. I'm still failing to see what's so great about Raef.
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sid_1979 wrote: »
    That was more out of frustration because the task was crumbling before his eyes and there was nothing he could do to salvage it.

I'm sorry, but I just didn't see it like that. Leading up to that she was goading him relentlessly. As I previously mentioned this is not an isolated incident.

What about the pub task? she continually undermined sara claiming curry was a niche market and that they were going to fail. on the card task if she really wanted to prove herself as a team player she could have stepped in and taken on the pitch, yes there were only a couple of hrs to go, but given how she kept banging on about how she was a buyer and this was her realm of expertise I would have thought she would have been up to it???

she is not even in the same league as the badger. the task last week reflects this. Despite clear instructions she repeatedly waded in on Alex's sale and kept banging on about being girlf boyf when they were told to drop the role play after the first attempt to buy something!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Claire's a bully, but she is insecure.

She fights her corner by trying to identifying other people's faults. She's not as bad a Jenny Cellery though.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    Tissy wrote: »
    So true.

I wonder why she decided to go with Raefs decision on the expensive wedding dresses in the end ?

I was surprised as well. But I've noticed Raef uses the consensus reason in the BR a lot and I think he may have "persuaded" her to change her mind for the team. Which says a lot a his interpersonal skills.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly.

She took a huge wallop of a telling of from Alan and has been one of the strongest candidates ever since.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about the pub task? she continually undermined sara claiming curry was a niche market

Hiya,

I'm not trying to paint Claire as some sort of saint. I find her highly obnoxious. But undermining your project manager (no matter how many times you do it), doesn't constitute bullying.

I feel that everytime anyone remotely unpleasant is labelled a bully, it merely trivialises real instances of bullying behaviour.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,800
    Administrator
    A number of disrespectful posts have been removed from this thread. Please take the time to review the terms and conditions.

Thanks
    DS Forum Support
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Claires a really good candidate.

She brought up Kevin's presenting skills, Jennifer buying the wrong items last week, she sold 3 dresses this week, won as team leader twice etc etc. Really strong.
  • Options
    toastiestoasties Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Claire is a decent saleswoman, but doesn't even come close to the badger in that respect who was probably the best seller I've seen on the show. Additionally, she's a poor team player and not a very good team leader who has been very lucky up until now imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiya,

I'm not trying to paint Claire as some sort of saint. I find her highly obnoxious. But undermining your project manager (no matter how many times you do it), doesn't constitute bullying.

I feel that everytime anyone remotely unpleasant is labelled a bully, it merely trivialises real instances of bullying behaviour.

Agreed, she is not a bully, but defo not up there with the badger. which I thought was the comparison this thread was making?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    temperare wrote: »

Cheap way of arguing.

I don't see how a bit of passion or overbearingness constitutes bullying. victimisation in THIS programme, where the contestants are fighting for their lives is to be expected surely?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheap way of arguing.

I don't see how a bit of passion or overbearingness constitutes bullying. victimisation in THIS programme, where the contestants are fighting for their lives is to be expected surely?

What by using the factual definition of bullying rather than an opinionated version?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Claire has leapt in my opinion, she has good business skills (as evinced in the BR tonight), a mouth on her, but also an ability to learn .. not a winner though IMHO.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, she is not a bully, but defo not up there with the badger. which I thought was the comparison this thread was making?

Oh I agree with you there mate. She's not a patch on the Badger :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    temperare wrote: »
    What by using the factual definition of bullying rather than an opinionated version?

You haven't linked this is any way to Claire!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You haven't linked this is any way to Claire!

With Simon she was overbearing, rude, belittled him to make herself look better, made unneccasary comments, Sir Alan even told her off the victimising him throughout the task and in the boardroom.

Therefore the use of the word "Bully" is justified. She even recognises herself she can come across this way.

In recent weeks she has not done this and is probably relaxing slightly and being herself. I dont think she is the biggest evil on earth.

Yet I stand by my comments that she was a bully towards Simon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She never used the word bully in reference to herself. She knows she is gobby and like a rottweiler. It's agression. Agression does not always equate to bullying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I agree with you there mate. She's not a patch on the Badger :D

the badger rocks! her show on sky 'badger or bust' was classic! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I like Claire, but compared to the Badger....no competition. I have yet to see any candidate on any series prove themselves as good as the Badger was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She never used the word bully in reference to herself. She knows she is gobby and like a rottweiler. It's agression. Agression does not always equate to bullying.

Indeed and Ruth could at times be quite agressive without being nasty with it.

Which is the big difference between them.