9300T HDMI TV Switching?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
Hi group

Just bought a 9300T and find that when connecting via the supplied HDMI lead to my Sony Bravia TV it will not switch the TV over to the AV input even though the TV HDMI Control Setting is set to "On". Also the TV has a HDMI Listing option and when scanning for the HDMI item, nothing is found. The HDMI does work if selected manually and I have change the setting to 720 without problems, but have reverted to the Scart connection for normal use.

Also, not very happy with the "slow" EPG, which the manual Q&A says is not saved and loads each time it is switched on. My other Asda 160Gb PVR has very fast EPG, but suffers from a EPG Timer bug, hence the new PVR.

Thanks

Richard

Comments

• Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    richardjn wrote: »
    Also, not very happy with the "slow" EPG, which the manual Q&A says is not saved and loads each time it is switched on. My other Asda 160Gb PVR has very fast EPG, but suffers from a EPG Timer bug, hence the new PVR.

Thanks

Richard

The EPG on your Asda box is not faster, it's simply saved so the old EPG is presented to you instantly at switch-on. The EPG on the Hummy needs to populate each time the Hummy is switched on, this takes typically 8 minutes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    Your HDMI is working correctly, the standard doesn't include the Pin 8 Auto switch function found on SCART connections.

The EPG is very slow and very unacceptable. In my opinion the Hummy is barely 'fit for purpose' and compared to the EPG on my Sky+ HD box is from the dark ages. Mine never actually fully populates but has improved since I did a Reset and Manual tune to remove duplicates stored in the 800 channel range. A premium priced piece of consumer electronics should perform a great deal better than this one does. Why Hummy didn't use a save function for the EPG is beyond me.
  • creddishcreddish Posts: 5,285
    Forum Member
    Big-les wrote: »
    The EPG on your Asda box is not faster, it's simply saved so the old EPG is presented to you instantly at switch-on. The EPG on the Hummy needs to populate each time the Hummy is switched on, this takes typically 8 minutes.
    Strictly speaking the EPG is not saved in standby on the Asda (Vestel) PVRs, the tuners are live in standby and continuously update the EPG (hence the same power consumption in standby as when switced on with the HDD idle). An exceptionto this is on the Vestels with Low Power standby functionality.

Colin