Humax PVR-9200T : BBC Problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
Forum Member
I have an unusual issue.

Since moving house, my hummy has been acting very strangly.

Whenever we tune into BBC1,2 or 4 the box hangs and becomes extremely stubborn when asked to do anything (change channel, volume, launch a menu etc etc) and occasionally forces me to shut it down and restart.

Also, we seem to have tuned into BBC wales, which is odd as we live in Swindon (SN1)

I have retuned several times, but am reluctant to reformat as the drive holds alot of childrens TV for my little one, and explaining where it has gone would be a total chore.

Many thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Have you tried doing a scan with the ariel unplugged to clear the memory, then plug the ariel back in and scan again.
  • 18days18days Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in swindon now, and my box is working fine. i also would suggest you do a new scan as suggested above. What transmitter are you connected to? I am getting my feed from Mendip and all is fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Hi
    "we seem to have tuned into BBC wales, which is odd as we live in Swindon (SN1)"

I had a similar problem last month. I contacted the Humax help desk and they gave me instructions on how to do a manual retune. this worked fine for me in Cheshire. You need to send your postcode by email to the helpdesk.
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deadeye wrote: »
    Have you tried doing a scan with the ariel unplugged to clear the memory, then plug the ariel back in and scan again.

It doesn't work with a Humax box because if no channels are found during a search then you do not get the 'Save' option therefore cannot overwrite the existing channel list.
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mic hollis wrote: »
    You need to send your postcode by email to the helpdesk.

Or use my instructions.

The reason for doing a Manual Search is to target the six (five after DSO) multiplexes coming only from your preferred transmitter. The UHF channel numbers for your six/five multiplexes (digital channels) from your preferred transmitter can be obtained from the digitaluk web-site, enter your post code and also tick the "I am in the aerial installation trade" box. Your UHF channel numbers are in the grey columns in the Coverage prediction section. The compass bearing for the available transmitters at your address are also shown so you can check to see which transmitter your aerial is actually pointing at. You should only use the transmitter that your aerial is pointing at.

First you need to delete all existing channels.
    Menu > Edit Channels > Edit Channel Lists > Password (0000) and delete all TV channels, note there is a Select All button. Go to Group, select Radio and delete all the radio channels. Press Exit on the remote control and when invited save all the changes.

You will now get a message saying No channels are available……, press OK. You should now be taken to the Installation menu, choose Manual Search. Select the first UHF channel number obtained from the digitaluk web-site for Channel (actually the order doesn’t matter) and press Search. When the search completes, Save. Select the next UHF channel number for Channel and press Search.....Save. Repeat this for all six/five UHF channel numbers and to finish press the Exit button. You will now find all your Freeview channels on their correct numbers with none in the 800 range. Good luck.