Media eLinker and Windows 7

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
Forum Member
I use Media eLinker a lot to transfer recorded programmes from my 9200T to my PC for burning to DVD. At the moment I have a fairly old PC running XP Pro SP3. However I'm considering replacing it with a new PC, which will almost certainly be running Windows 7. Has anyone tried Media eLinker in Windows 7? Does it work?

I'm using Media eLinker version 2.1 and have never bothered to upgrade it as it has always worked perfectly, but isn't there a newer version somewhere?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I couldn't get it to work with 64bit version of W7 but I usually use an old XP laptop for transfers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Just ignores it -especially 64bit.

I keep a spare partition with XP. Not the most convenient but the transfers are excellent from the Humax so it's worth the bother.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the response(s) (The forum says there were two but I can only see one?). It looks like a cheap XP laptop, or may be even VMWare may be in order.

I've read about some alternative transfer software (media controller?) on this forum before, but never tried it. Any possibility that could work in Windows 7 64 bit?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Treat yourself www.carphonewarehouse.com/broadband/laptops-and-netbooks/buy/COMPAQ-MINI-110

:p

.ts is a very convenient and workable format so the bother is worth it with a seprate machine etc if you enjoy the benefits.