9200T - Various problems

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
Forum Member
Like many here I've had problems with my 9200T running slow over the past few months. We're in the Winter Hill area so no surprise there then.

However, over the past few days the box has developed some new and interesting ways to p**s me off.

- Unable to rewind live programs
- Return of general slowness on EPG
- This morning the sound had stopped working !!!

I power cycled the box, the sound returned and all my recordings disappeared. :mad:

I'm guessing apart from the complex recovery process listed elsewhere on this site my only option is an HDD format.

I'm running the latest version of code and am seriously considering a move to Sky.

Comments

• Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redstarfox wrote: »
    However, over the past few days the box has developed some new and interesting ways to p**s me off.

- Unable to rewind live programs
    - Return of general slowness on EPG
    - This morning the sound had stopped working !!!

I power cycled the box, the sound returned and all my recordings disappeared. :mad:

I'm guessing apart from the complex recovery process listed elsewhere on this site my only option is an HDD format.

Yes a format is the best way forward if you don't want the hassle of recovering the recordings. In my view an occasional need to format is a fact of life with the Humax; it isn't good but personally we can live with it; hopefully the next generation boxes will be Linux based and have a more robust file system. The majority of users on Winter Hill are reporting that things returned to normal at the completion of DSO. You say you are running the latest software but are you aware of the beta version that is designed to tackle slowdown problems?
  • wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    Why ... :confused:

If you want to subscribe to a subscriptions TV service what does the state of your 9200T have to do with it... ;)

I'm Sky subscriber and a 9200T owner... :D
    redstarfox wrote: »
    I'm running the latest version of code and am seriously considering a move to Sky.