9200 Timer Fault

biscitbiscit Posts: 38
Forum Member
My Humax 9200 has stopped recording timers (mostly on BBC1 and 2. Anyone else seeing similar problems or have remedies?

The software is still 1.00.21

Comments

• Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    biscit wrote: »
    My Humax 9200 has stopped recording timers (mostly on BBC1 and 2. Anyone else seeing similar problems or have remedies?

Where in the country are you? Are you use the standard auto tune or manually tuning?
  • biscitbiscit Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Where in the country are you? Are you use the standard auto tune or manually tuning?

Keighley repeater of Emley Moor (Yorkshire Region) and automatically tuned.

Seems to only fail on BBC1/2 and not on manual recordings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Does the box only fail to record from standby? If so the timer on the display board has probably failed which is responsible for bringing the box out of standby prior to the next scheduled timer event.I had this on one of my 9200Ts.

It required the display board to be replaced. It cost £30 from Humax and took about 10 mins to install, using nothing more than a No1 pozidrive screwdriver.

There have been some threads circulating (possibly on avforums) that the oscillator on the board can be replaced and that will fix the issue. Howerever I tried that on the board which was replaced, in preparation for any potential failure on the newer 9200T I own, but with no joy unfortunately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I have been experiencing the same problem with a Humax 9200, software version 1.00.21 and the Keighley transmitter.

Since Thursday 17/12 scheduled recordings for BBC1 and BBC2 have not worked (but ITV1 and Five have been fine). I have tried the Default Settings option and also removed all channels (including radio) and retuned manually to the Keighley transmitter.

I've also noticed that if the box is turned on and left on BBC1, the EPG does not populate for a number of channels including Five, Fiver, Film4.
    Forum Member
    WorsleyBaz wrote: »
    Does the box only fail to record from standby? If so the timer on the display board has probably failed which is responsible for bringing the box out of standby prior to the next scheduled timer event.I had this on one of my 9200Ts.

It required the display board to be replaced. It cost £30 from Humax and took about 10 mins to install, using nothing more than a No1 pozidrive screwdriver.

There have been some threads circulating (possibly on avforums) that the oscillator on the board can be replaced and that will fix the issue. Howerever I tried that on the board which was replaced, in preparation for any potential failure on the newer 9200T I own, but with no joy unfortunately.

I do have that problem, but have worked round by hardly ever putting the box in standby :o
    Forum Member
    I have been experiencing the same problem with a Humax 9200, software version 1.00.21 and the Keighley transmitter.

Since Thursday 17/12 scheduled recordings for BBC1 and BBC2 have not worked (but ITV1 and Five have been fine). I have tried the Default Settings option and also removed all channels (including radio) and retuned manually to the Keighley transmitter.

I've also noticed that if the box is turned on and left on BBC1, the EPG does not populate for a number of channels including Five, Fiver, Film4.

Do you mean that the manual retune did not fix the problem?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    The manual retune did NOT fix the problem.
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The manual retune did NOT fix the problem.
    You may know this already but ...

A manual retune alone may do just diddly squat.

See http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=36625312&postcount=19
  • evanscevansc Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Here we go again, the old manual tuning chestnut. Everytime anyone has a problem with their 9200T you automatically suggest 'Manual Tuning' is the fix for everything, when it clearly is not. The 9200T has inherent problems with .21 of the firmware which are nothing what so ever to do with automatic or manual tuning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evansc wrote: »
    Here we go again, the old manual tuning chestnut. Everytime anyone has a problem with their 9200T you automatically suggest 'Manual Tuning' is the fix for everything, when it clearly is not. The 9200T has inherent problems with .21 of the firmware which are nothing what so ever to do with automatic or manual tuning.

Here we go again. I try and suggest something that might help in some circumstances. All you have to offer is negativity.
  • eddie2048eddie2048 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Here we go again, the old manual tuning chestnut. Everytime anyone has a problem with their 9200T you automatically suggest 'Manual Tuning' is the fix for everything, when it clearly is not.

The manual tune solves many peoples problems, mostly to do with DSO and the increase in transmitter power which makes it more likely that autotune will pick up multiple transmitters. This could apply to pre-DSO areas where adjacent areas have DSOed. I agree that it doesn't solve everyones problems.
    The 9200T has inherent problems with .21 of the firmware which are nothing what so ever to do with automatic or manual tuning.

I can't agree. My 9200T was greatly improved by .21 and I didn't get any significant problems 'til DSO. Now it's slowed down to almost unusable unless I delete all the radio stations and most of the TV stations.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I am also having the same problems using the Keighley relay transmitter. I have tried resetting and retuning (no channels in the 800 range) but still BBC recordings are failing.

Does anyone know how this can be resolved or who I can contact?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a3002040 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how this can be resolved or who I can contact?

As a manual retune doesn't help then I would guess something is wrong with the broadcast signal. I suggest contacting both the BBC and Humax.