Humax 9150T - Intermittant Pixelisation

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
Forum Member
Hi,

I'm having extremely strange pixelisation/low signal strength and quality issues on my Humax 9150T. I'm on the Sandy Heath transmitter and the problems seem to be limited to Cbeebies on channel 71 (much to the chagrin of my daughter), all other channels appearing to be fine.

Following my problems as shown on the software update thread I've checked the ariel connections which are good.

Can anyone confirm whether this is likley to be either a weather or transmitter issue, or whether it is a PVR problem?

Thanks

Max

Comments

• Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you got a good version of Cbeebies and maybe some others in the 800 range of channels? If so you need to do a Manual Search for channels to eliminate receiving duplicate channels.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I haven't changed anything but suddenly all is well again. Strength is showing as 65% with quality at 100%, a vast increase on what it was (previously it was 55% and 10% repectively).

I'm not sure what's going on but this is the second day in a row that the reception has been bad early in the morning only to improve later.
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ScoobyMax wrote: »
    I haven't changed anything but suddenly all is well again. Strength is showing as 65% with quality at 100%, a vast increase on what it was (previously it was 55% and 10% repectively).

I'm not sure what's going on but this is the second day in a row that the reception has been bad early in the morning only to improve later.

It is not unusual for freeview reception to change during the day. My reception from Sudbury is poor 10:30 to 16:30, but my reception from Crystal Palace can be OK at that time of day

I find the sandy Heath area very fascinating because of the hills and other transmitters near by. Nothing concerning tv reception seams to be predictable in your part of the UK.

However IMO ...

try following Big-Les's instructions to reduce future drop-outs http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=36625312&postcount=19