Winter Hill post DSO mux numbers?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
Forum Member
Hi.
Have to visit both parents to install 9300 and try and improve 9200 (thinking delete un required channels)
but what are the 5 or 6 mux numbers I need to do a manual tune on to get all the standard freeview channels.
no website seems to help... grrr!
Many thanks
Chris

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the info you require is on this page here.
  • eddie2048eddie2048 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Better here for reception issues.
    http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/
    Fill in postcode and tick the "I am in the aerial installation trade" box.
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lsuhe wrote: »
    Hi.
    Have to visit both parents to install 9300 and try and improve 9200 (thinking delete un required channels)
    but what are the 5 or 6 mux numbers I need to do a manual tune on to get all the standard freeview channels.
    no website seems to help... grrr!
    Many thanks
    Chris

The reason for doing a Manual Search is to target the six (five after DSO) multiplexes coming only from your preferred transmitter. The UHF channel numbers for your six/five multiplexes (digital channels) from your preferred transmitter can be obtained from the digitaluk web-site, enter your post code and also tick the "I am in the aerial installation trade" box. Your UHF channel numbers are in the grey columns in the Coverage prediction section. The compass bearing for the available transmitters at your address are also shown so you can check to see which transmitter your aerial is actually pointing at. You should only use the transmitter that your aerial is pointing at.

First you need to delete all existing channels.
    Menu > Edit Channels > Edit Channel Lists > Password (0000) and delete all TV channels, note there is a Select All button. Go to Group, select Radio and delete all the radio channels. Press Exit on the remote control and when invited save all the changes.

You will now get a message saying No channels are available……, press OK. You should now be taken to the Installation menu, choose Manual Search. Select the first UHF channel number obtained from the digitaluk web-site for Channel (actually the order doesn’t matter) and press Search. When the search completes, Save. Select the next UHF channel number for Channel and press Search.....Save. Repeat this for all six/five UHF channel numbers and to finish press the Exit button. You will now find all your Freeview channels on their correct numbers with none in the 800 range. Good luck.
  • tintin Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    55, 58, 59, 61, 62 there's a straight answer for ya. And I agree somehow they are difficult to find.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    tin wrote: »
    55, 58, 59, 61, 62 there's a straight answer for ya. And I agree somehow they are difficult to find.

perfect. that's just what I wanted. Many thanks to all and happy christmas.
    Chris