Trying to download WDN4OAK

tony190tony190 Posts: 105
Forum Member
I used to have this program installed on my compy.but due to a crashed system where I lost everything installed although I backed up all of the important stuff I overlooked this tool,I have tried downloading via this link to Humax

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model_tool.aspx?category_seq=56
But it will not down load in fact I cannot get past saving it as soon as click on to save the link the thing disappears,I know as I have the 9200 they may never update it again but just in case I'm wrong it would be nice to have it installed back on my compy.can any one see if they have the same problem and if not can any one advise where I am going wrong I only have a problem saving this item as all my other files and things I download are okay....Thanks in advance..T

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I think it's broken, try Martin Liddle's (better) prog here:

http://www.tynecomp.co.uk/flash9200.html

Steve
  • nvingonvingo Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    I was just looking on Humax Support for something else, and remembered to try this. It worked for me using Google Chrome download.

From this link: http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/support/downloadcenter_model_tool.aspx?category_seq=56 select the S/W downloading
    WDN4OAK+_01.zip
    link when prompted to save type the filename WDN4OAK+_01.zip into the box. Well when I tried it was going to call the file FILE - I let it download then renamed the FILE in download directory to anyname.zip and it opened fine with Winzip.
  • coulrophobecoulrophobe Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    nvingo wrote: »
    I was just looking on Humax Support for something else, and remembered to try this. It worked for me using Google Chrome download.

From this link: http://www.humaxdigital.com/global/support/downloadcenter_model_tool.aspx?category_seq=56 select the S/W downloading
    WDN4OAK+_01.zip
    link when prompted to save type the filename WDN4OAK+_01.zip into the box. Well when I tried it was going to call the file FILE - I let it download then renamed the FILE in download directory to anyname.zip and it opened fine with Winzip.

Ditto, using Explorer 8
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony190 wrote: »
    I used to have this program installed on my compy.but due to a crashed system where I lost everything installed although I backed up all of the important stuff I overlooked this tool,I have tried downloading via this link to Humax

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model_tool.aspx?category_seq=56
    But it will not down load in fact I cannot get past saving it as soon as click on to save the link the thing disappears,I know as I have the 9200 they may never update it again but just in case I'm wrong it would be nice to have it installed back on my compy.can any one see if they have the same problem and if not can any one advise where I am going wrong I only have a problem saving this item as all my other files and things I download are okay....Thanks in advance..T

Works for me using IE8 and your link but as Nvingo points out it downloads with a filename of FILE and needs to be renamed with a .zip extension e.g. FILE.zip or even WDN4OAK+_01.zip. By the way does anyone know why the _01 has been added to the filename, the file itself hasn't changed since I downloaded it yonks ago?
  • tony190tony190 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Big-les wrote: »
    Works for me using IE8 and your link but as Nvingo points out it downloads with a filename of FILE and needs to be renamed with a .zip extension e.g. FILE.zip or even WDN4OAK+_01.zip. By the way does anyone know why the _01 has been added to the filename, the file itself hasn't changed since I downloaded it yonks ago?
    Well I have tried 6 times now and to No avail I downloaded beardiedogs link to Martins file with No problem, and as I said before I have no probs downloading files and such from other sites only this little bugger as me foxed I also use IE8,and I'm now wondering if my settings are up the creek but as I've double checked everything I am more peed off about it,any ideas on settings that I may have over looked or suggestions would be appreciated....T
    Forum Member
    Well after submiting my last post I went to Microsofts site and used ther problem fixing section,I reset my IE8 to it's original setting and tried again I downloaded and saved the file but not the programe so I did as nvingo suggested and added the .zip to the FILE
    Forum Member

Well after submiting my last post I went to Microsofts on line problem fixing site and found something that bared a close relationship to my problem so I reset IE8 to it's original default setting and tried again to download said file I downloaded the read file 996kb so I did what nvingo suggested and added the .zip and low and behold I now have it so thanks to those that took time to help
    Forum Member
    Sorry for the double post
  • JamesEJamesE Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Very odd indeed! Out of curiosity I've just downloaded "FILE" and added the .zip and extracted it - the resulting folder and its contents look no different from the old WDN40AK+. It really is confusing though, someone ought to tell them!
  • Big-lesBig-les Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamesE wrote: »
    Very odd indeed! Out of curiosity I've just downloaded "FILE" and added the .zip and extracted it - the resulting folder and its contents look no different from the old WDN40AK+. It really is confusing though, someone ought to tell them!

When Humax updated their web-site a while ago a few of their files downloaded as FILE, I remember trying a few when I noticed it. Humax are not very good at maintaining their web-site, several links still take you to that Korean 'error' page. Mind you Panasonic are no better. I was looking for a manual for one of their set top boxes, I found it but it was only available in German!
    Forum Member
    When Humax updated their web-site a while ago a few of their files downloaded as FILE, I remember trying a few when I noticed it. Humax are not very good at maintaining their web-site, several links still take you to that Korean 'error' page. Mind you Panasonic are no better. I was looking for a manual for one of their set top boxes, I found it but it was only available in German!

:cool: Was it possible to translate it using IE8 and the accelerator facility