9200T Working ok now

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
Forum Member
My Parents 9200T is now working ok now:).(Touch wood)

In the last few weeks it has returned to working at the correct speed, all the funtions work when the buttons are pressed and they don't have to wait several seconds!!!
It just started working so I don't now what happened???:confused:
We are on the lancaster transmitter and is fully digital.

They were going to get a new one but now they are going to wait.:):)

Cheers

Ng

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Mine works ok to after the final switchover - no upgrade required - must have been the signal during the transition
  • davesulldavesull Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. No problems now, the box is working just fine.
  • wilf21wilf21 Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    davesull wrote: »
    Same here. No problems now, the box is working just fine.

Well mine isn't. Well before the switchover I was having problems with delays in responding to the remote control which become impossible when I am displaying subtitles in a playback. In this case, the subtitles eventually get stuck and there is no response at all to the remote (note, there is no other recording going on, just playback with subtitles). If I try to end the playback, there may be a response after many minutes, or else I have to power cycle the machine.

I'm really hoping that the new version of the 9200 software (if it ever really arrives) will fix this but I'm not confident since the problem has been occurring for many months before switchover happened. (I'm in London, by the way).
  • fishearsfishears Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    wilf21 wrote: »
    Well mine isn't. Well before the switchover I was having problems with delays in responding to the remote control which become impossible when I am displaying subtitles in a playback. In this case, the subtitles eventually get stuck and there is no response at all to the remote (note, there is no other recording going on, just playback with subtitles). If I try to end the playback, there may be a response after many minutes, or else I have to power cycle the machine.

I'm really hoping that the new version of the 9200 software (if it ever really arrives) will fix this but I'm not confident since the problem has been occurring for many months before switchover happened. (I'm in London, by the way).

That sounds exactly like what I was experiencing with my 9200T. I'm on Waltham so not even close to DSO. Anyway, mine seems to be fixed since I put the new (30 Nov 09) beta firmware on. You should give it a try.
    Forum Member
    fishears wrote: »
    That sounds exactly like what I was experiencing with my 9200T. I'm on Waltham so not even close to DSO. Anyway, mine seems to be fixed since I put the new (30 Nov 09) beta firmware on. You should give it a try.

Now that's interesting. I assume this is the software which, when completed, will eventually be broadcast for the 9200T and also be available on the Humax web site. Meanwhile, however, how do I get hold of it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that's interesting. I assume this is the software which, when completed, will eventually be broadcast for the 9200T and also be available on the Humax web site. Meanwhile, however, how do I get hold of it?

I sent an email asking for the beta and it arrived as an attachment in an email.

This is the address to send an email to!
    Forum Member
    I sent an email asking for the beta and it arrived as an attachment in an email.

Cheers, I will do that
    Forum Member
    Cheers, I will do that

Beta software installed. Doesn't seem to resolve the problem of subtitles lagging and then freezing on a playback, and concomitant poor response to remote control, although I think there is some improvement. Hopefully, whatever software is eventually released may improve the situation further.
  • tim123tim123 Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beta software installed. Doesn't seem to resolve the problem of subtitles lagging .

Are you sure that this is the box and not the boradcaster.

I thought that I had this problem with plackback on mine, but then I discovered that people were reporting the same problem with live feed on different equipment

tim
    Forum Member
    tim123 wrote: »
    Are you sure that this is the box and not the boradcaster.

I thought that I had this problem with plackback on mine, but then I discovered that people were reporting the same problem with live feed on different equipment

tim

Well, it has happened on programs broadcast by BBC, Virgin, E4, etc., so I'm guessing it's the box. (but with this beta software I have only played back a recording or two from Virgin1 so I can't tell if recordings from other broadcasters are still causing problems or not).
  • tim123tim123 Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it has happened on programs broadcast by BBC, Virgin, E4, etc., so I'm guessing it's the box. (but with this beta software I have only played back a recording or two from Virgin1 so I can't tell if recordings from other broadcasters are still causing problems or not).

I've seen problems on multiple channels too, which is why I suspected the box.

But even on live feed I have noticed that the subtitle sync on digital is much worse than on the analogue teletext version so I've formed the opinion that they aren't trying too hard!

I think that the broadcasters have forgotten why they are there. I only need them as a back up as I'm only 25% hearing loss, but I pity people who have to rely on them completely.

tim
    Forum Member
    tim123 wrote: »
    I've seen problems on multiple channels too, which is why I suspected the box.

But even on live feed I have noticed that the subtitle sync on digital is much worse than on the analogue teletext version so I've formed the opinion that they aren't trying too hard!

I think that the broadcasters have forgotten why they are there. I only need them as a back up as I'm only 25% hearing loss, but I pity people who have to rely on them completely.

tim

Yes, I and especially my wife need the subtitles as backup too. But it's not only that the subtitles get out of sync ... they eventually get stuck while the video continues. Then the box doesn't respond to the remote, etc., etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Yes, I and especially my wife need the subtitles as backup too. But it's not only that the subtitles get out of sync ... they eventually get stuck while the video continues. Then the box doesn't respond to the remote, etc., etc.

My parents is still working fine, I guess people will have to wait for DSO. It take a week or 2 after DSO.

Ng
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 250
    Forum Member

I emailed them and they just responded saying to wait for the download which would hopefully be in January sometime!

Annoying that they are only sending to some people...