9300T - series link program still in schedule

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
Forum Member
Hi forum

Had this 9300T just under 2 weeks and have found that on 3 occasions programs scheduled with Series Link have remained in the Recording Schedule after they have recorded, showing the one that has past and the next one to record. This has been on both BBC & ITV, it happened last night (8th) with ITV Countrywise and for some reason Wednesday's Great Railway Journey did not record.

Any thoughts please, could it be signal problems, strength +60%, but quality a lot higher 80-100%.

Thanks
Richard

Comments

• wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    Quality should be 100% all the time.

If yours spends a lot of time below 100% then you are in a marginal area... and should expect erratic behaviour.
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wgmorg wrote: »
    Quality should be 100% all the time.

If yours spends a lot of time below 100% then you are in a marginal area... and should expect erratic behaviour.
    But 60% strength should be more than adequate. If quality is less than a 100% then interference could be a problem.
  • tintin Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last post is pure bull. 100% quality most of the time is a complety unreasonable expectation and should at worst impact the quality of the recording - not the operation of the box.

I've seen this happen many times and it seems another foible of the Humax. I've even got 2x match of the day's appearing in the schedule, and it STILL didn't record this evening's showing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    richardjn: Make sure you are tuned into mux 1 to 41 , mux 2 to 44 , mux A to 47 , mux B to 51 , mux C to 52 , and mux D to 55 for Sutton Coldfield you might be receiving some stations from another transmitter in that case you will need to do a manual tune instead of letting the Humax auto tune. See Big_les manual tune here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=36261134&highlight=#post36261134
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tin wrote: »
    The last post is pure bull. 100% quality most of the time is a complety unreasonable expectation and should at worst impact the quality of the recording - not the operation of the box.

I was talking about signal quality as reported by the Humax on Menu>System>Signal detection. We and most other users get 100% quality all of the time. Why do you think it is an unreasonable expectation?
  • Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was talking about signal quality as reported by the Humax on Menu>System>Signal detection. We and most other users get 100% quality all of the time. Why do you think it is an unreasonable expectation?
    You can expect what you like. Expecting isn't getting, and satisfactory performance is possible with significantly less than 100% quality. If the quality fluctuates a lot it's just sign there is some local interference, that's all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    hum wrote: »
    richardjn: Make sure you are tuned into mux 1 to 41 , mux 2 to 44 , mux A to 47 , mux B to 51 , mux C to 52 , and mux D to 55 for Sutton Coldfield you might be receiving some stations from another transmitter in that case you will need to do a manual tune instead of letting the Humax auto tune. See Big_les manual tune here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=36261134&highlight=#post36261134

Thanks for info, yes I am aware of channels as my location is also serviced by the Wrekin and Brierley Hill relay which is about 2 mile away and can be seen and gives some good signal levels even off the side of the Sutton horizontal antenna with its vertical signal. Mux D, ch55, seems off to be off or very weak today. I may put another antenna for Brierley Hill digital, the analogue is very strong, but suffers from severe ghosting from block of flat in that area, hence the use of Sutton which nearer 20 mile away, not now a problem as 100% digital.