The Grammys 2013 - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I wish Leona Lewis and Madonna would get some nominations. :(

How could Leona Lewis be nominated? She hasnt released anything.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    I'm surprised Bruno Mars didn't get any nominations too

I'm not, none of his new stuff made the cut off date. He will be next year, I am sure
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    The Black Keys and Miguel were very pleasant surprises. I hope they both get to win.

The Best Pop Vocal performance category is an embarassment. Enough said.

LMFAO, Carly Rae Jepsen and Maroon 5 getting nominations is also pretty pathetic.

The r 'n' b categories were great though. I hope Luke James and Melanie Fiona win their respective awards, as it would help their careers inredibly and they both deserve it :)

I also hope Nas wins at least one out of his 4 nominations and Bjork wins 'Best Alternative album' :cool:
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit gutted that p!nk only has one nomination :( Can her and kelly share Best Pop Vocal Album please?! :D

Thrilled for Kelly. Fully deserves those four noms.
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Not a surprise about Lana being snubbed in the US tbh. To be honest, if she had been nomintaed the usual online suspects would have just claimed her dad bought her the nom, lmfao.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Bieber, no Minaj, no 1D. Grammys did good. Scooter Braun had a twitter rant about the Bieber snub though. It must suck for them to have CRJ nominated for two and Bieber doesn't even get one. It's not like his music is any worse than hers. That Taylor Swift song being nominated is an absolute joke, though.
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Song of the Year nominee - Call Me Maybe. WTF?:eek:
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lana not getting anything is a total joke!!! she is by far the greatest female song writer of her generation. Her videos also piss all over those nominated.

Still hopefully it makes her stronger as an artist.
  • ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased for the nominations for Kelly and Pink. Also Fun. are good and deserve theres aswell.

Shocked at the Bieber snub though but not so shocked at 1D being snubbed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together for song or record of the year, what a joke

It's nice to see Kelly getting several noms. Such an underrated artist. I had a feeling this era would be a god send for her regarding Grammy nominations. They haven't really acknowledged her since the breakaway era, although she did get a Pop vocal album nom for All i ever wanted.

Plus, i do not see Florence as pop but happy to see her nominated. She is very much Alternative.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Looks like it's going to be Fun. vs Frank Ocean for sweeps.

I'm surprised by Stronger getting so much love. I mean, it's a nice song but it hardly screams GRAMMY.

The Best Pop Solo Performance category is just...awful.

It's wrong that Lana was snubbed, but we all knew she would be.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    I'm surprised Bruno Mars didn't get any nominations too

Surely his song/ album were released too late for consideration.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Bit gutted that p!nk only has one nomination :( Can her and kelly share Best Pop Vocal Album please?! :D

Thrilled for Kelly. Fully deserves those four noms.

I think she will get more next year

The only song they could submit for her is Blow me and that is not one of Pink's greatest songs. I think Try may be a winner for her at the next grammys. Maybe even her duet with Nate from Fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    Surprised at all the Fun. nominations. Don't think their album is that great. But with the success they've had this year, I shouldn't be. Love that Black Keys have been nominated!

Embarassing that Taylor Swift is nominated for Record of the Year? Really?! Same goes for 'Call Me Maybe' for Song of the Year. Grammy's aren't hiding the 'popularity is important' card are they?

Delighted Kelly has got 4 nominations. She should get at least one award but after the fiasco with her last Grammy, nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album and Black Eyed Peas won, seriously ****ed up, I wouldn't be too hopeful! Wouldn't mind Pink winning it if Kelly doesn't.
  • Chris_ChampionChris_Champion Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    Maiden nominated for best Rock/Metal performance...Up the Irons
  • vagbreathvagbreath Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised at all the Fun. nominations. Don't think their album is that great. But with the success they've had this year, I shouldn't be. Love that Black Keys have been nominated!

Embarassing that Taylor Swift is nominated for Record of the Year? Really?! Same goes for 'Call Me Maybe' for Song of the Year. Grammy's aren't hiding the 'popularity is important' card are they?

Delighted Kelly has got 4 nominations. She should get at least one award but after the fiasco with her last Grammy, nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album and Black Eyed Peas won, seriously ****ed up, I wouldn't be too hopeful! Wouldn't mind Pink winning it if Kelly doesn't.

BEP won a pop vocal album Grammy? Wot.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iamstrong wrote: »
    People in America still remember her SNL performance. That's why they snubbed her in basically everything.

Justin and 1D got snubbed in everything. Those poor teen girls are gonna be crying tonight.

It's definately better to completely snub them than to have them nominated and not win. This way the winners won't have to put up with a barrage of twitter abuse from psycho beliebers.

As a massive fan of 90's r&b it's great to see R Kelly, Tamia and SWV getting some nominations, even if they don't win :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely terrible as usual....although I can't wait to see who wins Best Tropical Latin Album this time.....:sleep:
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Thrilled for the Lumineers, Frank Ocean and the Black Keys.

Thought there'd be a little more for The Civil Wars but they get two nominations so that's nice.

A little disappointed for Lana but her SNL did countless damage to her stateside reputation.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just noticed that Carrie Underwood isn't up for Best Country Album. That's rather annoying.
    I think she will get more next year

The only song they could submit for her is Blow me and that is not one of Pink's greatest songs. I think Try may be a winner for her at the next grammys. Maybe even her duet with Nate from Fun.

Ah, good point. Didn't think of that. Hopefully she does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really happy with Rihanna's noms. Although I would hardly call Where Have You Been a contender for "Best Pop Vocal Performance", I love Rihanna but her vocals didn't really shine on this single.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lana's Paradise EP will eligible for next year's nominations so fingers crossed she could be nominated for that. The US seemed to have warmed more to Paradise than they did Born to die based on reviews.
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so excited that Kelly's up for 4 Grammys, She really deserves it, She's one of the best voices in music at the moment and i think she is still very underrated. If Call Me Maybe wins I will be in total shock, Carly can't sing a note..
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad about Pink only getting 1 nomination. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maiden nominated for best Rock/Metal performance...Up the Irons

They should play at the Grammys