Options

Waste of time

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
Forum Member
Did anyone listen to simon tonight? He finds wagner an interesting character, he thinks he may be in the final.....does it look like he cares....

Come on for gods sake, this stupid campaign doesnt mean anything, simon doesnt care, he is going to usa whether you like it or not and he is a hit over there. I just dont get what the h you are trying to prove or ruin?

He showed tonight that it isnt hurting him, it its hurting the other contestants - but why would you care? he likes wagner and judging from what he said, he wouldnt mind if he won!

Just carry on filling simon's pockets so he can make more of it in USA - well done!!!

I personally think it will be better, so good all round, at least USA are genuine voters! I can really understand why he is going to USA now

Comments

• Options
    MrChandlerBingMrChandlerBing Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    kewi wrote: »
    Did anyone listen to simon tonight? He finds wagner an interesting character, he thinks he may be in the final.....does it look like he cares....

Come on for gods sake, this stupid campaign doesnt mean anything, simon doesnt care, he is going to usa whether you like it or not and he is a hit over there. I just dont get what the h you are trying to prove or ruin?

He showed tonight that it isnt hurting him, it its hurting the other contestants - but why would you care? he likes wagner and judging from what he said, he wouldnt mind if he won!

Just carry on filling simon's pockets so he can make more of it in USA - well done!!!

I personally think it will be better, so good all round, at least USA are genuine voters! I can really understand why he is going to USA now

It might hurt him when he hands him that million pound record contract :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    It might hurt him when he hands him that million pound record contract :)

i honestly dont think it will! he will congratulate him and shake his hand!!
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who cares.
  • Options
    lozloz Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is just a nice opportunity for people to demonstrate they don't all wan't to play Simon's game.

Simon and the team think they can simply manipulate the public into voting the winner he has already chosen. This is an opportunity to say oh no you don't.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loz wrote: »
    I think it is just a nice opportunity for people to demonstrate they don't all wan't to play Simon's game.

Simon and the team think they can simply manipulate the public into voting the winner he has already chosen. This is an opportunity to say oh no you don't.

Er which winner is that? Would it be One Direction, Cher, Katie, Rebecca or Matt because he seems to favour all of them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't you Wagless people ever get bored? WE KNOW SIMON COWELL GETS THE BLOODY MONEY :rolleyes:

So what? We don't care. We vote for Wagner. Get over it.

And the fact you are quoting SC's own words as though they are actually what he thinks is just priceless.

And yes USA are genuine voters. And you're genuinely good at making stupid generalisations and repeating yourself over and over.

We laugh and we just vote for Wagner more. :)
  • Options
    RupertPupkinRupertPupkin Posts: 1,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er which winner is that? Would it be One Direction, Cher, Katie, Rebecca or Matt because he seems to favour all of them.

I don't think he cares much but he is determined to get 1D to the final where I think he thinks they'll lose easily to either Rebecca or, more likely Matt. He wins all-ends-up once that happens.
  • Options
    winniebeerwinniebeer Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

he put him there - don't get angry at the folk that are voting Wagner - get angry at the folk who put him in that position
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member

How will we ever cope without him? :(

Of course he doesn't care who wins, he never has. He has got 2 or 3 cash cows this year, and when they have had their 15 minutes he will get 2 or 3 next year, the man is an absolute genius and I have a lot of admiration for him.

Personally I find the reactions of the people getting wound up about the Wagner campaign far more amusing than those of the judges :D Especially my family who absolutely hate him!
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

USA get free votes don't they?

They also seem to be more loyal voters in the Southern States, I remember reading something about how the more Northern State contestants don't do as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes. But what is the point. Simon is making money and having a laugh despite all of this. He's loaded. He's done with the uk.

Simon's choice for winner is usualy quite good. If people want to vote for some total fail then that's their choice. But it does not effect Simon. He does not care about the supposed Xfactor anymore. He cares about the show. as in veiwing figures. It's no skin off his chest if Wagner wins.

That's why he is allowing himself to look like the fool. He isn't one. But he knows the public like this bullshit. look at big brother.
  • Options
    LadyHonestswagLadyHonestswag Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i honestly dont think it will! he will congratulate him and shake his hand!!
    really where in your dreams,
  • Options
    lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member

Nope, but you clearly do. Not everyone who votes for Wagner does it to piss off Cowell... I mean he makes money from votes at the end of the day, where's the sense in it?
  • Options
    flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People voting for Wagner to win are not out to stop him going to the US with his show and they also know that Simon, being a multi millionaire is not going to be hurt financially. If Simon never worked another day in his life he'd never be in a struggle for money and no one is stupid enough to think that he would be.

So what other contestants are getting voted off. They are only props for the show anyway. It is just a show after all. The winners are binded to a strict contract, chewed up then spat out. They might earn a few quid out of it, more than they would in a regular job but it's very shortlived. The real money goes to Simon and Co. They are never going to be legends in the music business. Thats why the show is a joke so the winner may as well be Wagner as much as anyone else. It exposes the show for what it really is. A money spinning racket. A puppet show. The good singers in the show will make it anyway. They will be signed by someone with a genuine contract if they are good enough to succeed.

For too long X Factor thinks it can choose its winner and manipulate the public to go along with the game at their own expense. If we have to pay for our votes, then WE will pick the winner. I choose to vote, and pay for my vote, so I won't be told who to vote for.

Wagner to win. :)
  • Options
    CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member

But the Wagner voters are ALL being manipulated by Cowell & Co, does ANYONE honestly think that when push comes to shove and the preffered finalists are lined up (one direction, Rebecca, Matt) that Wagner will STILL attract the same number of votes? No he wont and Simon & co WILL win out!

I woulndt be surprised if Wagners share went down this week TBH now there are fewer left in, its innevitable and the only egg wil be on the faces of those that wasted their money each week voting for a no hoper in the hope of being "radicals" or "individuals".
  • Options
    sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    Yes. But what is the point. Simon is making money and having a laugh despite all of this. He's loaded. He's done with the uk.

Simon's choice for winner is usualy quite good. If people want to vote for some total fail then that's their choice. But it does not effect Simon. He does not care about the supposed Xfactor anymore. He cares about the show. as in veiwing figures. It's no skin off his chest if Wagner wins.

That's why he is allowing himself to look like the fool. He isn't one. But he knows the public like this bullshit. look at big brother.

Don't you think that tonight they set it up for Wagner's exit?

After weeks of getting dogs abuse from the panel, and being surrounded by scantily clad ladies while performing half-arsed but amusing medleys, he suddenly appears to put in a proper, serious performance, and did quite well with it too - leading to positive comments from the panel.

They know that by slagging him regularly, they just fuel the Wagner fans to vote more to save him, so by making him seem like he's been accepted, it's presumably intended to take the wind out of the protest voting... did the same by warming to Jedward last year?
  • Options
    Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The title itself sums up this Wagner campaign in a nutshell!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sheff71 wrote: »
    Don't you think that tonight they set it up for Wagner's exit?

After weeks of getting dogs abuse from the panel, and being surrounded by scantily clad ladies while performing half-arsed but amusing medleys, he suddenly appears to put in a proper, serious performance, and did quite well with it too - leading to positive comments from the panel.

They know that by slagging him regularly, they just fuel the Wagner fans to vote more to save him, so by making him seem like he's been accepted, it's presumably intended to take the wind out of the protest voting... did the same by warming to Jedward last year?

No I do not agree. Wagner fans do no vote out of reason anymore. they vote regardless of his performence. He could stand there and sing "I like big buts an I cannot lie..." and his fans woud still vote
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    Born Free wrote: »
    The title sums up this Wagner campaign in a nutshell!

The whole show is a waste of time, just like all tv shows are, its purely for entertainment. How many people still care about Joe McElderry or Jedward? Not many.

It will be the same with Wagner and the rest this time next year, its just how the show works. Build up huge hype about the final few acts, make as much money as possible out of them while they're still riding the wave, then move onto next year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's more critical in America. No way would he act as stupid over there and he does here, as talent is very important to them.
  • Options
    Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who votes is a genuine voter. Why does it bother you so much?

Hell I remember when the judges used to say "Scotland get on the phone and vote for Leon Jackson", what on earth is that about? Where someone was given birth to has nothing to do with talent. Voting for someone because it would be amusing to see them win even though you know there are better singers in there is not a better or worse reason, both have nothing to do with talent. Plus the area thing is how the judges go on! Why shouldn't the voters stipulate their own criteria?

Also many Wagner fans do genuinely like him and are making what I would guess could be referred to as "positive" votes. Not everyone is trying to wind up Cowell.

I also think tonights discussion on the subject was nothing more than a clever exercise put into place to try and get Wagner out this week. I think Cowell would blatantly want someone else to be on the winners single and to get the contract Of course it won't hit his life hard, only a fool would thought that it would.
  • Options
    Born FreeBorn Free Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's more critical in America. No way would he act as stupid over there and he does here, as talent is very important to them.

I've noticed this too seems to give honest comments over there rather than here which I think Simon has given that power to Dannii this series.
  • Options
    CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    Anyone who votes is a genuine voter. Why does it bother you so much?

Hell I remember when the judges used to say "Scotland get on the phone and vote for Leon Jackson", what on earth is that about? Where someone was given birth to has nothing to do with talent. Voting for someone because it would be amusing to see them win even though you know there are better singers in there is not a better or worse reason, both have nothing to do with talent. Plus the area thing is how the judges go on! Why shouldn't the voters stipulate their own criteria?

Also many Wagner fans do genuinely like him and are making what I would guess could be referred to as "positive" votes. Not everyone is trying to wind up Cowell.

I also think tonights discussion on the subject was nothing more than a clever exercise put into place to try and get Wagner out this week. I think Cowell would blatantly want someone else to be on the winners single and to get the contract Of course it won't hit his life hard, only a fool would thought that it would.

Wagner, as explained earlier will NOT win once the numbers competitors numbers go down. Those that vote will rally around the cute boys (One Direction,Matt) or the non threat female (rebecca). Its innevitable and there will be a lot of wasted money gone down the swanny by the time this happens.
  • Options
    Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's highly unlikely cloudy but never say never. Anyway my point was not about whether he will win or not, just that people need to chill out about the motives of voters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Is it possible that maybe some people (i.e. me) have no Cowell based agenda?

I just like Wagner. He entertains me :)