DS reactions to Janice being stung by a bee

Comments

• MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her reaction may well have been genuine - it's quite clear on here from various FM's description of what happened in their own wasp/ hornet/ bee sting incident coupled with fit experiences (with or without sting involved) that people have had greatly varying experiences.
    None mentioned is quite the same as mine (wasp trapped in shoe so many stings, fainted and needed big dose of antihistamines).
    Therefore we cannot judge anything other than that she was strung and had a reaction.
  • Bless YouBless You Posts: 4,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was surprised they showed it.
  • ConcretepigsyConcretepigsy Posts: 1,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wasted an ambulance and a hospital admittance on an already overstretched NHS
  • TominxsterTominxster Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They wasted an ambulance and a hospital admittance on an already overstretched NHS

OMG I can't believe yours and others comments on here,

You can't fake the colour of her hand, She deffo had a reaction,

As far as the seizure is concerned it was either 100% real or she went into panic attack mode which can mimic having a seizure.

Either way it was serious just for the colour her hand went as she was obviously having a reaction which is very dangerous. Hence why BB called an ambulance.

I have epilepsy following a serious head injury. Get 3-4 fits a month. Used to get 6-8 fits a day until 5 years ago. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Personally I feel sorry for her for 2 reasons.

1 for the fact that she was obviously distressed and secondly for the crap that people feel that its ok to throw at her for being ill.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tominxster wrote: »

You can't fake the colour of her hand

U wot m8?

They filmed multiple Star Wars and Indiana Jones films there, made Jabba the Hut n shit, but can't make someones hand look purple and swollen? :p

But seriously, how hard is it for one of the productions crews make up artists to create a swollen, purple hand for Dickinson?

Would take em about 10 minutes.

The sting was probably as fake as her terrible acting.
  • AndrewPdAndrewPd Posts: 6,718
    Forum Member
    One of her hands seemed to be in a shadow. I am sure I was being influenced by the power of suggestion.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yawalloper wrote: »
    Apparently the bee claimed it never stung her....it just made the motion of stinging her.

Is it too dead for a final warning? :kitty:
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    Stellen11 wrote: »
    A bee died to get janice her oscar. :(

That performance wasn't Oscar worthy. Don't bee ridiculous. :p
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope no-one thinks that should you ever suffer an allergic reaction to something :o
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overall I was shocked bb decided to air the episode, it seemed somewhat distasteful. Real or fake who needed to see it? It was clear her hand was discolouring so the initial bite was genuine that's for sure, tho ugh she did seem to act rather irrational over the incident, but is that her usual drama queen hypochondriac nature or was it a fear to a past episode???? Who knows I can see why people are cynical but their is no need to be nasty or cold. If it was genuine their is a real possibility she could have genuinely died had she truly had a history of severe allergies, I had a dog with a very similar episode a mere month ago. :( I did however think the quick reaction to the doctors questions regarding her airways was definitely exaggerated her breathing, speech and body didn't seem to be reacting to other symptoms of a sever allergic reaction. The fact she must've agreed to air her Fit suggests also it was for airtime and attention, but at the same time would many be able or would want to publicly act out a fit?????

Who knows?????
  • silvensilven Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moleymo wrote: »
    i don't think big brother would have shown the fit if they thought it was real, the medic looked completely non plussed too

I agree, my thoughts exactly.
  • silvensilven Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janice would not have gone through that performance if she didn't want it shown.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ok, let's bring some facts into this. I agree that she was exhibiting signs of an allergic reaction - but the first thing she asked for was a "Benedryl shot" - that's an anti-histamine.... and if she truly had been prescribed an epi-pen she would have it on her AT ALL TIMES.

There was another hm years ago who needed 24/7 access to their medication and it was in a special alcove that they could get to at any time.

There is no skill in administering an epi pen - you just jab it in your thigh and press. So if she thought her airways were closing up due to anaphylactic shock - which seems highly unlikely given how well her vocal chords were operating - she would have fallen on the pen like a drowning man grabbing a lifebelt.

Then we have the tonic-clonic seizure on the floor - conveniently missing the medic kneeling just in front of her.

Then we have the fast recovery time (most unusual), and the fact that she wasn't' kept in hospital for MRI etc. She's American after all, and over there they scan you for unexpected sneezes! She would expect the same over here - she's as dramatic as they come.

THAT'S why people are somewhat suspicious

This /\ /\ /\

She said she was allergic but only requested antihistamines...anyone who may go into anaphylactic shocks carries an epi pen with them ALL the time.

She is THE Queen of reality TV after all, remember!
  • Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    decobelle wrote: »
    Bees die after 1 sting.

Will no one think of the bees?

RIP Bee
    Depends on the type of bee.

Honey bees have a smooth barb, so can sting more than once without dying.
    They can also bite and release venom (although I believe this is generally a mechanism reserved for much smaller threats than humans) for those questioning her use of the phrase, "a bee bit me". Realistically it probably didn't, but it's possible.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This /\ /\ /\

She said she was allergic but only requested antihistamines...anyone who may go into anaphylactic shocks carries an epi pen with them ALL the time.

She is THE Queen of reality TV after all, remember!

I taught a six year old boy who had an epi pen attached to his trousers every day and we were all instructed on what to do.

Having said that, if Janice had told the production team about this threat, their duty was to be prepared. I'm guessing it wasn't mentioned.
    I find all these accusations of 'faking it' quite disgusting. >:(
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she would have been allowed on I'm A Celeb with known insect allergies
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sansa_Snow wrote: »
    I don't think she would have been allowed on I'm A Celeb with known insect allergies

That's a good point but allergies can develop quite suddenly.

I'm off to google Janice Dickinson allergies and I'll report back if I find anything.:)
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She clearly IMO had a local reaction to the sting however as an anaphylactic myself I can I think say her more general reaction was likely a panic attack more than a reaction to the sting. If she had a history of anaphylaxis she would have had epipens steroids and antihistamines etc herself we all carry them at all times.
  • PercyBysshePercyBysshe Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    There will be mass starvation when the bees die out.:(
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it was Janice i can completely understand why people would think she faked it. This is what happens when you are a complete drama queen diva, people start to doubt you over anything. Basically, if she didn't behave the way she has in her life, people wouldn't doubt her.

I wouldn't put it past her to fake it, she seems the type that would.
  • whowho Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alexos wrote: »
    I agree, though you shouldn't really be surprised that a forum as cynical as DS will suspect everything to be fake considering the state of BB now. The people that disliked Janice anyway will be more likely to accuse her of faking as it confirms their bias. Predictably, everyone becomes a medical expert in situations like this because they may have seen someone have a fit once and it was slightly different so Janice must be acting :)

well surprise I am a medical person and there is no way this person was fitting it was a 'dying swan act' or known as a pseudo fit, which is done for attention.do you really think she would have gone back in the house if she had actually fitted she would have been kept in hospital for at least overnight for tests unless she has a medical history of epilepsy.
    that fit was as fake as kimbots ectopic pregnancy.
  • Angelique_DormaAngelique_Dorma Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the way she eased herself onto her knees before fitting. :D
  • purpleskypurplesky Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looked like she had a local reaction with her hand, but the slow collapse and writhing on the floor looked unreal to me.

I'm not sure even the morally questionable C5 would show a real fit to chase ratings.
  • scotkazscotkaz Posts: 12,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My son had anaphlatic shock and his entire face and body swelled. We dont know the cause of it, but it was sudden and very scary. We drove to the docs which was 2 mins down the road and the doctor walked into the waiting room to get a patient, looked at son and grabbed him and ran with him to inject him quickly. he never had a fit.

I watched Janice and I am sure she was stung I don't doubt that but having lived next door to a lady who took many fits daily, all kinds of fits. I can say I have never seen one like Janice's one. I think it was an over reaction and all done for the camera.

I don't think even channel 5 would have shown a real fit. Or shown it without her permission either. They know all about American threats of being sued.

My guess is Ch 5 showed it for the very reason we are all discussing it .............for ratings.
  • xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame on her for pretending to fit.

I'm lead to believe that she has done this before (on Celebrity Rehab) and that it is indeed neither a fit or feigned but the result of an actual full on panic attack.