Mini review - The Eleventh Hour (Spoilers within)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Episode 5.1 - The Eleventh Hour

Overall I enjoyed it, from The Doctors fish custard to the new TARDIS.

Criticisms for me is that perhaps it was 5-10 minutes too long what with certain bits that stretched out for too long. Such as the camera panning to what each person was taking pictures of on the phone, to the constantly repeated message about Prisoner Zero being on Earth and the planet would be incinerated, there was also the food bit at the start dragging on, although this was obviously done to warm Matt Smith haters to the new Doctor. As for the credits which are getting complaints already, I like the old school style and as the case with new things, these people who complain just don't like change, in a while they'll forget they complained about it, because ideally the new credits will just need to get used to.

I also like how the scene was set in terms of how scary you can expect this series to be, from the shapeshifters forms sporting scary looking teeth, however the original snake form looked a bit dodgy, I feel the scene where Amy Pond in the room with the snakeform looked a bit dodgy, being right next to it, she appeared to look the wrong way at it. I liked the nice touch at the end, with Amy wanting to be back the next day, indicating what might have been her wedding day, proving that Amy doesn't yet fully trust The Doctor, or she would have told him so. But what bride to be hangs it on the back of their door as opposed to a wardrobe?

8/10, A great start to what I expect to be the best series so far, this will be thanks to Steven Moffat of course.

If you have any questions to ask in what I may have missed in this episode, ask away and I'll tell you what I thought.

Feel free to post your own mini reviews. :)