Jamiroquiai - unbelievable

CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Of ALL the bands to appear on this - fck me is nothing sacred, must have fallen on hard times (one of his old tracks funnily enough lol)

As with most fans I've always liked their music, originality and style even though always been aware Jay Kay was a giant bellend of huge proportions. This was the final straw :mad:

Haven't read through forum but assuming he slagged Dannii and Cheryl's music off at some point as they sat there stoney faced and didn't applaud performance , what a hypocrite.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    I find it refreshing that he doesn't buy into their BS. He's a far better singer than Cheryl or Danni(and most X Factor finalists) could ever dream of being and the musicians in his band over the years have been top drawer :)
  • dbx125dbx125 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it refreshing. he didnt ramble on about how great Simon and co are...didnt say all the usual cliched rubbish.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did either of you even read my thread? Jamiroquai and his band have more talent in their little toes than anything Cheryl/Dannii or Cowell or Walsh have ever touched clearly!!

That wasn't the point i made?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donbon wrote: »

Thank you donbon - everything explained and thanks Jay Kay for completely proving my assertion of you being a bellend of huge proportions......what a sell out.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never liked the guy, but I think he's a class act. Very talented.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never liked the guy, but I think he's a class act. Very talented.

Yup, music and band are brilliant, just a shame he's such an arrogant hypocrite :(
  • elouiselouis Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"What are they going to tell me about f****** music?

"What the f***. When have you ever done anything? You're useless. The pair of you. I mean you look great and I'd like to f****** s**g you but that's all."

LMFAO!!!

This guy is THE MAN!!!

Hahaha. I totally agree with him.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he is brilliant still... I felt annoyed that he didnt receive a standing ovation, however if that is true, then I cans ee why they didn't, however it was good he didn't big the X Factor, he didn't want to be there it seemed.

But weird, I'm sure the audience would have booed if Jay Kay did say that.... maybe it was just a rumour?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it after his performances "i had reservations about coming the show but everyone has been lovely" backtracking so fast he nearly tripped over last week. Dermot saying "we are all friends here" then quickly cutting him off before he said anything else.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love his music and ir was a treat to see him perform in the X factor though I sensed he regretted that his outburst had made the headlines. It was an awkward moment, but I loved his performance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salv* wrote: »
    But weird, I'm sure the audience would have booed if Jay Kay did say that.... maybe it was just a rumour?

Normally i give people the benefit of the doubt but Jaykay is know for these types of rants. He did it all the time in the 90s so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Besides if the paper had have just made that up he probably would have explained to the girls before going on tonight
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally i give people the benefit of the doubt but Jaykay is know for these types of rants. He did it all the time in the 90s so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Besides if the paper had have just made that up he probably would have explained to the girls before going on tonight

Good point, he does have that character and type to say that... but why would they still invite him along to the show? Maybe it was said to create more news and press surrounding tonight so more people watched, and he and the judges were in on it.

Find it weird, they allowed him on... but to me, he seemed like he was a bit sorry and embarassed for what he said if it was true.
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He said something about the judge on the left with a smile ( Dannii ) , so I think his dig was more at Cheryl as Cheryl's face said it all as Dannii was laughing and smiling
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He said something about the judge on the left with a smile ( Dannii ) , so I think his dig was more at Cheryl as Cheryl's face said it all as Dannii was laughing and smiling

I thought when Dermot said "Have you met any of the judges" and he said "Yes 2 of them" and then said he liked the one on the left with a smile, I thought he was talking about Louis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point, he does have that character and type to say that... but why would they still invite him along to the show? Maybe it was said to create more news and press surrounding tonight so more people watched, and he and the judges were in on it.

Find it weird, they allowed him on... but to me, he seemed like he was a bit sorry and embarassed for what he said if it was true.

Let's face it, Cowell would sell his own mother if he could guarantee a million more viewers.

Laughable really after the gushing words Cowell lavished on Cheryl last week in Piers Morgan's interview that he would do nothing to protect her or side with her after that rant from Jay Kay and to the contrary sit there and applaud and smile. Business eh Simon.

Cowell and Jay Kay - two peas in a pod - or should that be cretins.

And can only assume the people applauding Jay Kay's outburst haven't really thought it through - IF he is so dead against them and this show then don't go on it, hypocrisy of highest order.
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I'm not fond of hypocrites. If he hates the show that's his prerogative. He'll still use it to shift a few extra copies of his album though...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not fond of hypocrites. If he hates the show that's his prerogative. He'll still use it to shift a few extra copies of his album though...

But I'm not sure... normally, you wouldn't go on a show you have insulted and offended the judges, even if you Jay Kay to get back at them.... but seems a bit iffy. A bit pointless to contradict himself, not even he is stupid enough to insult a show and its judges.... and then appear.

I reckon Simon actually WANTED him to appear... more behind the story IMO.

Even though he has a history of saying not so pleasant things, I don't actually believe it.
    Find it hard to believe that he would appear on the show shortly after unless it was a publicity stunt like EVERY SINGLE thing thats happened on the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Well I've just read the link and have to admit that everything he says is true. And he's probably saying what many other 'true' musicians think about Cheryl Cole. I mean let's face it she didn't get where she is today on her singing talent. She's where she is because she was married to Ashley Cole, is pretty and because she's a judge on X Factor...not on musical merit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But I'm not sure... normally, you wouldn't go on a show you have insulted and offended the judges, even if you Jay Kay to get back at them.... but seems a bit iffy. A bit pointless to contradict himself, not even he is stupid enough to insult a show and its judges.... and then appear.

I reckon Simon actually WANTED him to appear... more behind the story IMO.

Even though he has a history of saying not so pleasant things, I don't actually believe it.
    Find it hard to believe that he would appear on the show shortly after unless it was a publicity stunt like EVERY SINGLE thing thats happened on the show.

Course he is, assume record company made him and as for Simon wanting him on the show of course he wanted him! They are a great band and shows his power when he can get bands on the show who hate it and slag it off!
  • Paulie WalnutsPaulie Walnuts Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The night he got his comeuppance - brilliant stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRKc_AgAniI
  • TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    He is a hypocrite slagging off people involved in the the show then appearing on it cos he is so desperate for publicity. They did him a massive favour by letting him come on the show and he should be grateful to them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've just read the link and have to admit that everything he says is true. And he's probably saying what many other 'true' musicians think about Cheryl Cole. I mean let's face it she didn't get where she is today on her singing talent. She's where she is because she was married to Ashley Cole, is pretty and because she's a judge on X Factor...not on musical merit.

Well yeah most of that is true but the whole point is why say it and then appear on the show! He didn't just slag her, he slagged the show as well and no doubt in my mind whatsoever that he will have been slagging the show off mercilessly since it's inception so of all the bands in the world to appear on this....
  • linnyloulinnylou Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to the Sunday Mirror, he wouldn't mind being an XF judge: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a285230/jay-kay-id-love-to-be-x-factor-judge.html

I like the guy's music - and tonight's song - but he is an arse. The backtracking with Dermot was rather amusing to see though. Whether he meant what he said is another story, I'm sure.
  • KeelbootsKeelboots Posts: 1,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiffani wrote: »
    He is a hypocrite slagging off people involved in the the show then appearing on it cos he is so desperate for publicity. They did him a massive favour by letting him come on the show and he should be grateful to them.

Record companies tell acts where they appear,not the other way around. No hypocrisy.