Options

Why is Matt so popular???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
Forum Member
i notice that alot of people on here like Matt, yet last year there was alot of hate on here for Olly,because he was 'cocky' and for the way he celebrated when he got through... but Matt is a complete arrogant **** & he did the same celebration Olly did last year yet people still love him? and Matt is a worse singer :confused: ...Im not a Olly fan btw, just wondering why people like Matt so much :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Options
    SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't say Matt is the worse singer, but is definitely starting to irritate me.
  • Options
    pinkitspinkits Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I do find him very arrogant.
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People latched onto him after he sang good at bootcamp and crowned him this series' Sir Can Do No Wrong.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is someone for older women to drool over.

He isnt good looking but there is still this tendancy to vote for someone who is supposed to be fit.

He would not have won any previous series
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on him myself (Wagner Fan), but he is the best singer left. You are right he isn't as good as Olly was, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's talented & charismatic. ;)
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    I can't see anything remotely arrogant about him. He always looks terrified to me.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    He is someone for older women to drool over.

He isnt good looking but there is still this tendancy to vote for someone who is supposed to be fit.

He would not have won any previous series

So are you saying only older women are fans of him?
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    I can't see anything remotely arrogant about him. He always looks terrified to me.

I agree.
  • Options
    jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    I find him more smug than arrogant, and I don't particularly like his singing.
  • Options
    Waves321Waves321 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on him at all.
    Rebecca to win !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    He is nothing like Olly. Where are people getting this from? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    not another matt hate thread!! i was really happy for him to go through tonight!!! he has done some really good perfomances over the last few weeks, and he can sing! i think he is much better than cher and 1D.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    He's only popular amongst a certain section of the population, limited by gender and age.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Goonerette wrote: »
    He is nothing like Olly

I agree. I actually liked Olly for a time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    Super Frog wrote: »
    People latched onto him after he sang good at bootcamp and crowned him this series' Sir Can Do No Wrong.

I agree.

I would personally ask... "why are ANY of the finalists popular?" (although you could argue one of them is not)

I personally dislike all of them and could not give a toss who wins. Infact, I think the only contestants that will benefit from winning are 1 direction. If matt wins, he will suck even more being made into a generic male pop artist.
  • Options
    foonkfoonk Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's a good singer but Rebecca is streets ahead of him vocally
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's only popular amongst a certain section of the population, limited by gender and age.

That's clever, because me, my mum and dad all like him, and we're clearly not all the same age and gender...
  • Options
    VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him purely because imo he's the most impressive singer - I've hated most of the songs Dannii's given him but as it's such a poor year talent-wise he's been my favourite most weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would you mind elaborating? :) I want to know if I fit into this.

He's popular with me because he's likeable, the best singer by a clear mile technically, for me the best singer emotionally (he connects with me) plus he's an actual musician and brings credibility to the show :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    foonk wrote: »
    He's a good singer but Rebecca is streets ahead of him vocally

i woudn't say streets ahead of him!! she is very good and if this was a singing competion, it would be between him and rebecca!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is boring thats why people vote for him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him but really starting to really go off him. He's only given one decent performance in the last few weeks with Night in White Satin. The vest thing was a major tuning point in how cheesy he would be prepared to go.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He is a good competent singer, he is nothing outstanding however.

He will sink without trace if he wins however
  • Options
    KookyKatieKookyKatie Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even if that is true, so what if he is?

This early poll says Matt is more popular with women than men, but so is Rebecca and Aiden. On the other hand, men like Cher, Treyc and Wagner more than women do.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, I (1 17 year old male), my sister (21 year old female), my Dad (a 47 year old male), my friends (16-19 nyear old males and females) and my cousins ranging from 20-34 years old females, want him to win.

Variety of ages and genders here. Also good to notice that 2 of my cousins don't understand much English and support him, so even different countries.