CITV to show classic kids TV shows 5/6 Jan 2013

Comments

• lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    This isn't the mike and Angelo I remember , I remember the one with a blonde boy.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never was into this one - then again, it was later than my main kids TV viewing. Also looks terrible...
  • nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I preferred the second mike and Angelo though I remember these two Aswell.... What I didn't remember how crap this program was
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would be good to dig out what went out in the equivalent Childrens BBC slot...
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supergrannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:D

loved this show as a kid these shows should be repeated as they are way better than the tripe that passes for kids shows these days
  • Michael09Michael09 Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    Supergrannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn:D

loved this show as a kid these shows should be repeated as they are way better than the tripe that passes for kids shows these days

The voices don't seem to be working only background sound
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael09 wrote: »

yes have had turn the tv up very poor sound :(
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Been looking forward to this all week! I missed Mike And Angelo though :( (but from the comments here, it hasn't aged well lol)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a funny feeling I will be hitting Amazon hard after this weekend:o:o:D
  • CLA29CLA29 Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    Never liked supergran. Still don't.
  • eric1001eric1001 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Having bought the boxed sets of Duckula and Dangermouse, I just hope they actually watched the chosen show prior to transmission.

Believe it or not, there are poor DM and CD episodes :eek: and it would be such a let down for the people who haven't invested in the boxed sets to see a less-than-superb episode after all the hoop-la of being the best cartoons since sliced Hovis.

For example, they are showing the first and last episodes of Press Gang. IMHO, wrong decision. There were many two parters like a drugs, with a young Sadie Frost, as well as a hostage in the office storyline that would have better to show over the two days.

But, I think its great that CITV are doing this, I wish CBBC did something similar and showed Byker Grove, Gruey and Jossy's Giants to name but three! :)
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that the man from George and Mildred on Wizadora?
  • Michael09Michael09 Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that the man from George and Mildred on Wizadora?

yep that's correct
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    eric1001 wrote: »
    Having bought the boxed sets of Duckula and Dangermouse, I just hope they actually watched the chosen show prior to transmission.

Believe it or not, there are poor DM and CD episodes :eek: and it would be such a let down for the people who haven't invested in the boxed sets to see a less-than-superb episode after all the hoop-la of being the best cartoons since sliced Hovis.

For example, they are showing the first and last episodes of Press Gang. IMHO, wrong decision. There were many two parters like a drugs, with a young Sadie Frost, as well as a hostage in the office storyline that would have better to show over the two days.

But, I think its great that CITV are doing this, I wish CBBC did something similar and showed Byker Grove, Gruey and Jossy's Giants to name but three! :)

Loved seeing Supergran again. I remembered the Mike & Angelo they just had on, it was the early series.

I'd like CBBC to do this as well. Do you remember Sea View with a young Yvette Fielding? They could show Johnny Briggs and Grange Hill, definitely Jossy's Giants. What else?

I'd have liked the old skool weekend to have shown The Pink Windmill Show with Rod Hull and Emu with Grotbags! Anyone remember her? She was great :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ooooo I remember T Bag she owns the woolpack now:D:D
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved seeing Supergran again. I remembered the Mike & Angelo they just had on, it was the early series.

I'd like CBBC to do this as well. Do you remember Sea View with a young Yvette Fielding? They could show Johnny Briggs and Grange Hill, definitely Jossy's Giants. What else?

I'd have liked the old skool weekend to have shown The Pink Windmill Show with Rod Hull and Emu with Grotbags! Anyone remember her? She was great :D

"There's somebody at the door, there's somebody at the door"
    Forum Member
    "There's somebody at the door, there's somebody at the door"

That's it :D:D
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooooo I remember T Bag she owns the woolpack now:D:D

"Let her stay you're magis-T", I forgot T-Shirt used to call her that
  • LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I am so excited right now and have reverted back to my childhood. Tbag was my fav show wish it had been in one of the later show as I preferred the blond girl Sally?
    Forum Member
    Lollytroll wrote: »
    I am so excited right now and have reverted back to my childhood. Tbag was my fav show wish it had been in one of the later show as I preferred the blond girl Sally?

I recognise the ginger girl, she's been in quite a lot of things since. The Upper Hand, for one thing. Elizabeth Estensen was great in this :D
  • eric1001eric1001 Posts: 84
    Forum Member

Definitely remember Seaview. My ultimate repeat would be Bad Boyes. There are a few segments on Youtube which shows perfectly how good/bad it was. Don't care! Complete guilty pleasure of when life was so much easier!

My only problem is that sometimes seeing a show with adult eyes ruins child memories. The disappointment I felt when I watched Star Fleet 3 years ago was terrible. :(

After someone mentioned Running Scared with the Kate Bush intro that I remembered, I watched that on YouTube. That from '86 has stood up well.
  • LollytrollLollytroll Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    I recognise the ginger girl, she's been in quite a lot of things since. The Upper Hand, for one thing.

I just googled to see what she did after :) seems both girls did quite well over the years
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael09 wrote: »
    yes have had turn the tv up very poor sound :(

The sound quality was terrible.
    Forum Member
    eric1001 wrote: »
    Definitely remember Seaview. My ultimate repeat would be Bad Boyes. There are a few segments on Youtube which shows perfectly how good/bad it was. Don't care! Complete guilty pleasure of when life was so much easier!

My only problem is that sometimes seeing a show with adult eyes ruins child memories. The disappointment I felt when I watched Star Fleet 3 years ago was terrible. :(

After someone mentioned Running Scared with the Kate Bush intro that I remembered, I watched that on YouTube. That from '86 has stood up well.

I didn't recognise Bad Boyes when you said it but just looked at it on YouTube and as soon as I heard the theme tune it came back to me! :D

Running Scared is another one I'd forgotten about. I used to love that. I'd love to see it again. Ah the memories!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lollytroll wrote: »

same here I am a big kid for the weekend :D:D:D:cool: