Get it off your chest

CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Feeling very agitated tonight. Things are overwhelming and I'm utterly terrified about the future. These are normally constant background rumblings but every so often they get a bit much, hence this thread.

If you need to get anything off your chest.. feel free to use this thread, it may bring some relief to just get it down in words, others may be able to relate etc. Keep it civil/ sensible though please.

Comments

• miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I freaking hate my neighbour. Truly. I've never hated anyone to this degree before, he infuriates me, but I try not to let it get to me and just avoid him.

He's such a jerk. >:(

P.S. thoughts about the future and worries are normal sometimes, try not to worry (easier said than done, I know!) take care :kitty:
  • NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing worrying me at the moment is an impending meeting I have on Wedensday, featuring a very fastidious middle-aged Wayne Rooney lookalike who will be asking lots of difficult questions.

Otherwise, everything is golden.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every morning, once I've got my daughter off to school and it's a reasonable hour to assume my Mum will be awake, I ring her up. When she answers it's a deep, right down there in your bones, relief to know that it's another day that she is still alive (she's got cancer, for the second time in 2 years). It's not just the fear that she's died, but that she's done something, as she's had enough of the whole thing.

Every time she rings me up, that I see her number come up on my phone, I have that chilling fear that this is it, this is going to be the call ... she's going to tell me that my Dad's dead (he's in hospital, severe dementia, just recently discovered he's had cancer for quite some time and nobody knew).

Sorry to be so depressing - I don't think this is quite what you meant people to put on this thread :blush:; it feels good to actually 'verbalise' it though.

Not seeking sympathy, just wanted to say it just once. I feel better now.

As you were!
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    I'm sick of being ugly
  • OdonataOdonata Posts: 1,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »
    Every morning, once I've got my daughter off to school and it's a reasonable hour to assume my Mum will be awake, I ring her up. When she answers it's a deep, right down there in your bones, relief to know that it's another day that she is still alive (she's got cancer, for the second time in 2 years). It's not just the fear that she's died, but that she's done something, as she's had enough of the whole thing.

Every time she rings me up, that I see her number come up on my phone, I have that chilling fear that this is it, this is going to be the call ... she's going to tell me that my Dad's dead (he's in hospital, severe dementia, just recently discovered he's had cancer for quite some time and nobody knew).

Sorry to be so depressing - I don't think this is quite what you meant people to put on this thread :blush:; it feels good to actually 'verbalise' it though.

As you were!

I can relate to this. I never realised I would become so afraid of the phone ringing. My little brother passed away at the end of 2013, after a brief and successful battle with lymphoma. His final chemo got him though, and an infection took him quickly.
    My nanna was diagnosed with bladder cancer 4 months later, she finished chemotherapy treatment in February. 2 days later, my grandad was diagnosed with lymphoma. He's been in hospital since, receiving chemo, and suffering infection after infection.
    Every single time the phone rings my stomach drops. I can't explain adequately the sudden jolt of panic.
    And yet I can't tell anyone how afraid I am of the phone, because then they'll stop ringing, and I'll be even more panicked for not hearing from them.
  • Seamus SweeneySeamus Sweeney Posts: 3,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As you were!

You have never been a "sympathy seeker" in any of your posts, and that includes here. Real sorry to hear about Mum & Dad, and of that knot of fear you feel when the phone rings. You know it works in all directions of course..love I mean. Just as you are lucky to have them love you, they are lucky to have you and your endless support and love in return. And now this same bond is one your daugter already understands, and so you become the tether who has to cope with everything, whilst knowing that you have a family to be proud of, and vice versa.

And you feel better now..Good. Take care & Best Regards to Mum, Dad, you and your daughter :)
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    I was clearing some dandelions off the front lawn yesterday and noticed a small pile of dog poo, I'm now worrying that someone might be letting their dogs in on purpose.

I thought I was an ok resident.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    junkie friend queuing up at the bank of donna as it`s pay day **tomorrow - will she never learn that i ignore her communications immediately before and after every single pay day for the last decade or so.

**that would actually be today but it`s still dark out :p
  • zoepaulpennyzoepaulpenny Posts: 15,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not looking forward to all the druggies hanging around the front of my door tonight and every night. The shouting the smell the cans of cider quite frightening
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feeling very agitated tonight. Things are overwhelming and I'm utterly terrified about the future. These are normally constant background rumblings but every so often they get a bit much, hence this thread.

If you need to get anything off your chest.. feel free to use this thread, it may bring some relief to just get it down in words, others may be able to relate etc. Keep it civil/ sensible though please.

I'm afraid of dying alone.
  • coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My thoughts are with you Muggins - I got that call last October when my dad died. We didn't make it in time to the hospital but knowing his pain had gone made it easier. Love you dad.
    All the best.
  • kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Knowing that my arsehole ex has really screwed me up trust wise which is now affecting my current relationship worse than ever before :(
  • ItsNickItsNick Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get it off my chest. Ok.

I don't know if this is a modern thing, I think it is because I don't remember anyone saying it years ago but why is it when you ask someone how they are they say I'm "Good". I've never got that because it doesn't make grammatical sense. Why can't they say I'm ok or fine or alright thanks. That's what people said years ago. Anyway, I've got that off my chest.
  • BigAndy99BigAndy99 Posts: 3,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ItsNick wrote: »
    Get it off my chest. Ok.

I don't know if this is a modern thing, I think it is because I don't remember anyone saying it years ago but why is it when you ask someone how they are they say I'm "Good". I've never got that because it doesn't make grammatical sense. Why can't they say I'm ok or fine or alright thanks. That's what people said years ago. Anyway, I've got that off my chest.

I say i'm amazing, but that's my opinion.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It's almost like some of these posts are trivial annoyances
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »

mine might seem like it but it`s a partly lost friend of many years who i can`t trust around my belongings and has rung me now 17 times from various phones today, starting at 4am, put two notes through the door, knocked on my window and door twice and pretended to be her brother in a text because she thought i`d not realise it was her. and then i had to sneak out.

it`s a real downer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The grass is growing wayyy too fast for this time of year!! >:(
  • makavelli132makavelli132 Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mine might seem like it but it`s a partly lost friend of many years who i can`t trust around my belongings and has rung me now 17 times from various phones today, starting at 4am, put two notes through the door, knocked on my window and door twice and pretended to be her brother in a text because she thought i`d not realise it was her. and then i had to sneak out.

it`s a real downer.

You need to sort out your grammar. I've noticed it on all of your posts and it really annoys me.

You're using the wrong type of '.... it's not meant to be a back stroked one like `
  • pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need to sort out your grammar. I've noticed it on all of your posts and it really annoys me.

You're using the wrong type of '.... it's not meant to be a back stroked one like `

You need to get out more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member

Are you serious? This is a really good thread; why try and ruin it?
  • DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And you need to sort out your unnecessary rudeness!
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »

It's not really your place to say what is trivial or not, well you can in your own life but not in others
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just wanting to leave school & find some new friends, my current ones are okay but I feel they use me & I feel like I'm the bottom of the friends list if you get what I mean. Like, last night, one of my friends was convinced I had an erectile dysfunction just because I hadn't had sex & I'm fed up with being treated like a mug. Also, feeling I cannot trust a couple of friends because they always tell people things I've told them.

And also, wanting to get counselling, but having to wait another week for the doctors appointment. Just desperately want to help myself & stop feeling so sh*t all the time, like if I try & do something (like, perform in drama) that there's always someone ready to drag me down. Or, that's how I feel anyway. I just want to feel 'normal' for a change, not inferior.
  • NorwoodCemeteryNorwoodCemetery Posts: 1,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An opportune thread...

As of today, someone has got back in touch with me after 3-4 years. Initially, I was glad to hear from them, but a few emails in and the correspondence has been utterly dominated by her various illnesses, work problems, child raising matters etc. I am bitterly regretting answering the initial email already.

I simply cannot abide people who are self, self, self. It's the one characteristic in people I just cannot overlook - even toothless simpletons can be forgiven. After about 6 emails, I think I got a line in about a work trip abroad; otherwise it's all been one way. It's why I lost touch in the first place and Christ alive, I am so thankful I did not give out my phone number.
  • CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I freaking hate my neighbour. Truly. I've never hated anyone to this degree before, he infuriates me, but I try not to let it get to me and just avoid him.

He's such a jerk. >:(

P.S. thoughts about the future and worries are normal sometimes, try not to worry (easier said than done, I know!) take care :kitty:

thank you :kitty:
    I hope things get easier for you, it's awful having someone like that living next door!

As you were!

No, no this thread is for anything you need to get off your chest, so don't apologise!

I'm sorry to hear of your situation :(

I'm glad you feel better now, I started the thread with catharsis from just writing it down in mind.

Take care :kitty:
    Are you serious? This is a really good thread; why try and ruin it?

That means a lot, cheers
    It's not really your place to say what is trivial or not, well you can in your own life but not in others

This is true