Options

well done corrie

Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
Forum Member
Despite,having its so.called worst ever crisis it's,just picked up.Bafta even.if clip.was,much missed,Michelle keegan
Well done to.all.at corrie
Btw,ED not Even nominated

Comments

• Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, well done Corrie.

But, very undeserved IMO.

Emmerdale is so much more consistent, and the majority of EastEnders episodes over the past year, have been in a different league to Corrie.
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a long term corrie fan but can't see how they won. Eastenders has been outstanding and should have picked up the award
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A well-deserved win for Coronation Street. The only good soap on TV in my opinion.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone with 'Robbed' in their username making a thread about Corrie winning the BAFTA... how apt because that's what the other nominees were. :p
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Someone with 'Robbed' in their username making a thread about Corrie winning the BAFTA... how apt because that's what the other nominees were. :p
    Am.a fan.of BOTH.corrie /EE but Michelle keegan is,reason.corrie won.IMHO
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A well-deserved win for Coronation Street. The only good soap on TV in my opinion.

But, you don't watch any others do you?:o.
  • Options
    BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No not well done, they don't deserve it :mad:
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Love how the EE fans are so bitter :D. ED were the only ones robbed as they didn't even get a nomination. The Bafta panel are known for not going for the obvious choice of winner.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BAFTA have shit in there eyes if they think Blackburn and his cap deserved that award.
    Terrible decision!!
  • Options
    Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    But, you don't watch any others do you?:o.

I used to watch Emmerdale but I stopped watching because it became too fake and drawn out, with too many out of character moments.

I've always hated EastEnders because it's just a bunch of people shouting at each other and it's very dark and miserable.

I despise Hollyoaks because it's extremely cringey and desperate to appeal to my age group (I'm 19).
  • Options
    notdebbiedinglenotdebbiedingle Posts: 45,817
    Forum Member
    It comes as a surprise to me but soap fans are a fickle lot & while a few months ago it was all "Corrie is crap & Eastenders is brilliant", in recent weeks everyone seems to be complaining EE is crap so what can you say!! All I will say as a long term Corrie addict is, if Corrie can win the Bafta in the state it's in at the moment, it really doesn't say much for the opposition, & I aren't trying to start a soap war by saying that!!
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done CORRIE...Top Soap.......
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina's death week was excellent. Well done and well deserved Corrie.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to watch Emmerdale but I stopped watching because it became too fake and drawn out, with too many out of character moments.

I've always hated EastEnders because it's just a bunch of people shouting at each other and it's very dark and miserable.

I despise Hollyoaks because it's extremely cringey and desperate to appeal to my age group (I'm 19).

Have you not heard about the HAPPY Kat and Alfie story recently?
  • Options
    sorrentosorrento Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It comes as a surprise to me but soap fans are a fickle lot & while a few months ago it was all "Corrie is crap & Eastenders is brilliant", in recent weeks everyone seems to be complaining EE is crap so what can you say!! All I will say as a long term Corrie addict is, if Corrie can win the Bafta in the state it's in at the moment, it really doesn't say much for the opposition, & I aren't trying to start a soap war by saying that!!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member

No it's not. EastEnders has lightness which is clearly shown on Thursday and Friday. proper feel good happy storyline.

Corrie won based on Jan 2014 to Dec 2014 so EastEnders could win next year and Emmerdale should be nominated.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Love how the EE fans are so bitter :D. ED were the only ones robbed as they didn't even get a nomination. The Bafta panel are known for not going for the obvious choice of winner.
    Agreed.

Meantime, well done Corrie. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Regardless of the state of the show/s it's based on storylines/episodes from last year Corrie had a great first half of 2014 and it seems that the Tina plot was what was put forward.
    I expect Lucy's death reveal will be what is put forward for EastEnders next year.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    I wasn't here at the time but I bet Corrie fans were baffled when EastEnders won in 2013. How is it bitter to point out the dubious result? Remember people here watch soaps all the time, we are better placed to comment on the result than those who decided it, I doubt anyone on the BAFTA panel is a seasoned soap viewer - this rather proves it.

EE fans have nothing to bitter about. This was judged on one episode - I think they got it wrong, but it's not like it's an appraisal of SB's overall vision. And it certainly doesn't paper over the cracks and take away from the hefty decline in viewership under him.
  • Options
    Randomguy83Randomguy83 Posts: 16,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done CS. I'm still annoyed ED got snubbed though so BAFTA can go take a running jump>:(.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wasn't here at the time but I bet Corrie fans were equally baffled when EastEnders won in 2013.

How is it bitter to point out the dubious result? Remember people here watch soaps all the time, we are better placed to comment on the result than those who decided it, I doubt anyone on the BAFTA panel is a seasoned soap viewer - this rather proves it.

EE fans have nothing to bitter about. This was judged on one episode - I think they got it wrong, but it's not like it's an appraisal of SB's overall vision. And it certainly doesn't paper over the cracks and take away from the hefty decline in viewership under him.
    Do a search. I know EastEnders fans get called bitter at times but some Corrie fans take it to a whole new level.

Thing is as you say It's not based on a Year of the show and just the episode/s put forward. I myself thought Casualty might nab it as it and Holby have beaten Corrie and EastEnders to it in the past.
  • Options
    Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eastenders/Emmerdale will kill then at Soap Awards
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eastenders/Emmerdale will kill then at Soap Awards

As much as I would like to see Emmerdale win something, the soap rarely win anything at soap awards. I do think Eastenders will do well though. I would love Ryan Hawley win the newcomer award, but he won't.
  • Options
    GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm annoyed about this, it means it will be less likely ITV will sack Blackburn if Corrie are winning BAFTAS.
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    The judges at the BAFTAS are not TV people......they are snobby idiots - let's remember that! They only know VE Day and the Coronation!!
    They probably have a wireless at their homes listening to Radio 4!!

The Soap Awards will be much more interesting next week!:D