Options

Lead to connect laptop to my lcd tv

bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anyone tell me what the lead is called to connect my computer to my lcd tv and where to buy it from?

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Usually an S-Video or VGA cable. The S-Video, if it has one, is the little round one, much like the socket you put your mouse in but it's black. You can get these from comet, currys or any other plays like them. The VGA is the blue one is a trapezoid shape and you can get this at PCWorld or other PC shop.
  • Options
    sbaker002sbaker002 Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    ra4ai wrote:
    much like the socket you put your mouse in but it's black.

Usually on Laptops the Svideo port is yellow.
  • Options
    nig6nig6 Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The S-Video is always black on a laptop, the composite video (phono plug) is yellow for video out.
  • Options
    sbaker002sbaker002 Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    On all the laptops I've seen here at work and around other places theve been yellow?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    will this S-Video do for my PC to TV.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006JB6D/qid=1132605479/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3_3/203-4813800-3817525

its confusing me by saying S-VHS and S-Video. is it basically an S-Video cable i can use for my PC to TV ??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    I think S-VHS is referring to the signal type but the connection is the same.

The best connection from a laptop to an LCD, though, is a VGA connection as it will give better results. That is, of course, if the LCD has a VGA input.

Can I ask what LCD it is and what laptop you have?