Additional Information on Job Application Form?

Condition RedCondition Red Posts: 686
Forum Member
✭✭
Hello, I’m currently filling in a job application form, I have completed all the required sections accept for one. Its a big section that says "ADDITIONAL INFORMATION".:( Could any one give advice about what I could write here. I have listed all my skills and hobbies in other sections.
Thanks.:)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

Seems odd that you've already been given a section to fill in regarding hobbies etc. yet they still have a section for additional info...

Have you had the opportunity to list some key skills on the form, especially if they directly relate to the job you're applying for? Or maybe that you hold a full driving licence?

If you've already been able to put that info elsewhere on the form then I'd just write N/A (unless you have any relevent medical conditions, disabilities etc.)
  • Condition RedCondition Red Posts: 686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,

Seems odd that you've already been given a section to fill in regarding hobbies etc. yet they still have a section for additional info...

Have you had the opportunity to list some key skills on the form, especially if they directly relate to the job you're applying for? Or maybe that you hold a full driving licence?

If you've already been able to put that info elsewhere on the form then I'd just write N/A (unless you have any relevent medical conditions, disabilities etc.)

Thanks for the help, I have just noted that I am learning to drive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually use this section to directly relate my skills and experience to the job i am applying for using the job specification that they have sent me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Likes cake? Has a ferret called Badger? Boy, do I hate application forms :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the help, I have just noted that I am learning to drive.

dont forget to tell them how amazing you are....wait, all the applications ive ever sent off i get rejcted lol, but i seem to always "walk into!" jobs, i didnt have an interview for this job, just got told to fill my application in when i'd settled down lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    what sort of job is it?

the additional information section is normally used for you to write a personal statement. really sell yourself to them!

you need to write why you want the job, why you want to work for that company.

you need to look at the job description and write about what skills they requir that you have achieved in previous training or employment.

maybe write about your future plans and any life skills you can bring to the job.

hope this helps :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use it to write how I applied my skills and knowledge in my previous/current job. There is usually stuff in the job spec that isnt covered in other parts of the application form.