What is Europes reaction to Molly (non UK)

Comments

• penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    I think the bookies may get burned this year going after Norway as the favourite.

Bookies won't get burned if it flops. I think it will do an Anouk sort of result if he sorts out the performance Songu if he doesn't.

With polls at the moment it looks like Hungary vs UK

Only Armenia, Azerbaijan, Russia, Netherlands, San Marino :D, Austria :D, Georgia and one from Germany unherd now.

I'd be tempted to say the first 4 can be front runners, Russia might get punished so that leaves 3. This is rumoured as the Armenian song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3AjdaOfW7E and we never know Azerbaijan might end up sending this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux3riWj0uWE
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Why are Azerbaijan's odds so high without even knowing the song? Is it because people think it's worth a punt every year?
  • TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are Azerbaijan's odds so high without even knowing the song? Is it because people think it's worth a punt every year?

Probably, will be interesting this year however, because we are getting to see each countries televote 1-26 and unless I am mistaken every single jury members 1-26. So will be much harder for Azerbaijan to pull their usual tricks and bribes. If that is indeed what has happened in the past.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Previous placings and the possibility it will be written by Stefan Orn again.
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I think the polls have it right with the top 2 atm. Hungary and the UK are the only songs selected so far which sound like potential winners to me. And I'm definitely starting to have doubts about the televoter appeal of Silent Storm. It really is such a poor year imo, and I'm not the sort of fan who moans about it being the "worst contest ever" every single year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The worst thing about it all is that it is 'meh' than anything (it is so bad it is good). I partly blame the new ranking system to determine the points. It rewards being safe.
  • MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    I'm not hearing 'winner' for Hungary at all - I can see them managing top 10 but it's no way a winner.
  • nunaneynunaney Posts: 1,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    Probably, will be interesting this year however, because we are getting to see each countries televote 1-26 and unless I am mistaken every single jury members 1-26. So will be much harder for Azerbaijan to pull their usual tricks and bribes. If that is indeed what has happened in the past.

Azerbaijan got 2nd with this voting system last year. I doubt they'll stop cheating because they know nothing will really happen to them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nunaney wrote: »
    Azerbaijan got 2nd with this voting system last year. I doubt they'll stop cheating because they know nothing will really happen to them.

But this year they are revealing every single countries televote 1-26 and then every countries jury 1-26 and also I believe each individual members 1-26. This wasn't the case last year, we just got the average 1-26 of the televote/jury.

This was bought in because of the fixing claims made last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But do we the public actually get to see how the juries voted? Or will it just be Jon Ola Sand who confirms that there was no cheating? I wonder what would happen to the Azerbajiani jury members if they give Armenia high points.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nunaney wrote: »
    But do we the public actually get to see how the juries voted? Or will it just be Jon Ola Sand who confirms that there was no cheating? I wonder what would happen to the Azerbajiani jury members if they give Armenia high points.

All votes will be published from every jury member this year 1-26
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So now I will know who to be mad at :D

I'm still so mad about the UK jury putting Montenegro last.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll be awful if we end up 2nd this year...so close the the win
  • Mikes MikeMikes Mike Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick1990 wrote: »
    Katy B was actually the first person I thought she was like! Don't know why, just I could imagine it being her song...

She's a cross between Neneh Cherry and Duffy.
  • Alan_ColeAlan_Cole Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Molly is well in the lead in the latest Eurovision favourites atm twitter poll..

https://twitter.com/mollySDfan/status/443751516097495040/photo/1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Alan_Cole wrote: »
    Molly is well in the lead in the latest Eurovision favourites atm twitter poll..

I've been keeping an eye on that poll, as I said earlier. It's a shame there's no way of telling where the votes are coming from. It could just be us voting for ourselves for all we know.

There are a lot of non-UK commenters putting Molly in the top 3 below that poll though, so there is that...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The fact that Greece is in second place makes me a bit suspicious of using that poll as an indicator of anything (not saying Greece is bad, but it's not the sort of song I'd expect to be a fan favourite, especially ahead of Romania and Sweden).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact that Greece is in second place makes me a bit suspicious of using that poll as an indicator of anything (not saying Greece is bad, but it's not the sort of song I'd expect to be a fan favourite, especially ahead of Romania and Sweden).

That poll is the one from wiwiblogs, the one UK was winning all week last week, until a surge of Romanian votes in the last few hours pushed us down to second.

I'm pretty sure you can vote for your own country on it, and we all know how patriotic the Greeks can be when it comes to Eurovision. So I wouldn't be surprised if the vast majority of their votes are from Greeks.
  • Steven_PSteven_P Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not even paying attention to polss and things until all songs and chosen and final versions made. Even then who knows the one in the lead might end up with chicken pox on the night and it all go horribly wrong...

But it's nice to see the UK's song doing well :)
  • Alan_ColeAlan_Cole Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a small snippet of the orchestra recording 'Children of the Universe'..

www.instagram.com/p/lgMVIlPD5I/
  • NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a small snippet of the orchestra recording 'Children of the Universe'..

www.instagram.com/p/lgMVIlPD5I/

I wonder if they're remastering it?
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they're remastering it?

That clip was from a month ago, before we were even told who was representing UK:
    http://instagram.com/p/j8y-yaPDzC/

Same clothes/positions etc.

So don't think they'll change the live version, must just sound different with an orchestra on the recorded version? Glad they're not changing it, it's fine as it is tbh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Apparently, the Tolmachevy twins have listed the UK as one of their biggest competitors, which is interesting. I think this may be the first time I've heard Molly commented on by someone actually in the competition.

http://wiwibloggs.com/2014/03/15/tolmachevy-twins-title/43156/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The wiwibloggs vote as gone crazy again, just as it is about to close like last week when Romania overtook UK at the very last minute.

This time Romania and also Spain have come from about 1,000 votes behind Molly to be sitting just behind here. Spain I can kind of understand due to the new video/version of the song, though the numbers they have gained is a lot. But there is no reason for Romania to have closed this much, unless they are all waiting until the last minute to vote.

They may have claimed it was a fair vote last week, but I find this very hard to believe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand what they expect to achieve by doing this. Do they think it'll affect the final result or something?