Options

The X Factor Australia [2014 Discussion Thread]

Comments

• Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Danny's strategy. She's always putting most of her acts in jeopardy so she only has one left (the favorite one) to take care of. She did that last year and she also did that all the time in x factor UK. Watch her do that again with XOX to put them out of the competition.

Seriously ? What kind of strategy is this ? She needs to keep it together to save both of her group, I predicted that XOXO reached the final but I guess they won't at this point.

Brothers 3 are just average country singers at best. Restless Road from X Factor USA were far better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Danny's strategy. She's always putting most of her acts in jeopardy so she only has one left (the favorite one) to take care of. She did that last year and she also did that all the time in x factor UK. Watch her do that again with XOX to put them out of the competition.

I dont think she has a strategy at all,she looked genuinely upset that her two groups were in the bottom 2.
  • Options
    felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    nada leigh should've been at the girls category on her own, she would've gotten far..
  • Options
    daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    week two
    Caitlyn Shadbolt - 6,729
    Brothers3 - 6,728
    Ofisa Tee - 6,319
    Marlisa Punzalan - 4,913
    Rochelle Pitt - 3,262
    Jason Heerah - 2,780
    Reigan Derry - 2,742
    Dean Ray - 2,282
    Adrien Nookadu - 1,518
    Sydnee Carter - 1,245
    Younger Than Yesterday - 1,148
    XOX - 1,128

And if anyone's interested, here is last weeks;

Brothers3 - 7,647
    Marlisa Punzalan - 7,290
    Reigan Derry - 7,002
    Rochelle Pitt - 4,919
    Dean Ray - 4,825
    XOX - 4,189
    Caitlyn Shadbolt - 3,732
    Ofisa Tee - 3,429
    Jason Heerah - 2,211
    Sydnee Carter - 1,972
    Adrien Nookadu - 1,928
    Trill - 1,572
    Younger Than Yesterday - 1,524
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    week two
    Caitlyn Shadbolt - 6,729
    Brothers3 - 6,728
    Ofisa Tee - 6,319
    Marlisa Punzalan - 4,913
    Rochelle Pitt - 3,262
    Jason Heerah - 2,780
    Reigan Derry - 2,742
    Dean Ray - 2,282
    Adrien Nookadu - 1,518
    Sydnee Carter - 1,245
    XOX - 1,128

Brothers3 - 7,647
    Marlisa Punzalan - 7,290
    Reigan Derry - 7,002
    Rochelle Pitt - 4,919
    Dean Ray - 4,825
    XOX - 4,189
    Caitlyn Shadbolt - 3,732
    Ofisa Tee - 3,429
    Jason Heerah - 2,211
    Sydnee Carter - 1,972
    Adrien Nookadu - 1,928
    Trill - 1,572

If this is anything to go by Adrien or Syndee will be next to go
  • Options
    big bang theorybig bang theory Posts: 4,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kangroo4 wrote: »
    If this is anything to go by Adrien or Syndee will be next to go

I'm predicting that one of them two will have a moment next week that will give them a few more weeks, especially as both of them are due to have late time slots next week instead of Brothers3 and Caitlyn looking set to take them all the time.
  • Options
    woodlandswoodlands Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    week two
    Caitlyn Shadbolt - 6,729
    Brothers3 - 6,728
    Ofisa Tee - 6,319
    Marlisa Punzalan - 4,913
    Rochelle Pitt - 3,262
    Jason Heerah - 2,780
    Reigan Derry - 2,742
    Dean Ray - 2,282
    Adrien Nookadu - 1,518
    Sydnee Carter - 1,245
    XOX - 1,128

Brothers3 - 7,647
    Marlisa Punzalan - 7,290
    Reigan Derry - 7,002
    Rochelle Pitt - 4,919
    Dean Ray - 4,825
    XOX - 4,189
    Caitlyn Shadbolt - 3,732
    Ofisa Tee - 3,429
    Jason Heerah - 2,211
    Sydnee Carter - 1,972
    Adrien Nookadu - 1,928
    Trill - 1,572

Surprised how popular Caitlyn is this week, and also surprised that Reigan didn't get more likes seeing as there seems to be so much hype surrounding her.
  • Options
    09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't posted my thoughts yet this week, so bear with for the essay post :p

I felt this live show was a step down from last week's... My favourites were Reigan, Rochelle, Sydnee and Caitlyn. I didn't actually get the criticism for Sydnee, I thought it was great! I agree though she'll at least be bottom 2 soon (not sure about the judges sending her home but obviously it'll depend who joins her in the sing off). Reigan was stunning again, the production really made it seem as if she was a huge star on tour, and it was a really imaginative re-do of such an iconic pop song!

think the bottom 2 was maybe about right, I love XOX but they were kind of weak this week and I foresaw their bottom 2 placing... Glad that Younger Than Yesterday went though, they looked the part but that was it - they seemed such a mess mostly. I was expecting Marlisa to be worse than she was given her illness but it was kinda bad, you can tell she really struggled through it. I really felt for her though and admire her for fighting through it anyway. It's a shame because I was really excited when I saw she was singing Paparazzi as it's the sort of song I'd rather she sang than dated ballads like All By Myself, but I'm sure she'll be back on form next week!

Seriously not getting Brothers3 though... They're really just average, and the one with black hair really creeps me out haha! I feel like they'll get a bit samey too as the competition goes on. Also, Tee just leaves me cold if I'm honest... Good voice but I don't get much from him.
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    week two
    Caitlyn Shadbolt - 6,729
    Brothers3 - 6,728
    Ofisa Tee - 6,319
    Marlisa Punzalan - 4,913
    Rochelle Pitt - 3,262
    Jason Heerah - 2,780
    Reigan Derry - 2,742
    Dean Ray - 2,282
    Adrien Nookadu - 1,518
    Sydnee Carter - 1,245
    XOX - 1,128

Brothers3 - 7,647
    Marlisa Punzalan - 7,290
    Reigan Derry - 7,002
    Rochelle Pitt - 4,919
    Dean Ray - 4,825
    XOX - 4,189
    Caitlyn Shadbolt - 3,732
    Ofisa Tee - 3,429
    Jason Heerah - 2,211
    Sydnee Carter - 1,972
    Adrien Nookadu - 1,928
    Trill - 1,572

Did some people just lose fans, or are these the gains? Also, why are they so weak on social media (even on Twitter)? Social media is CRUCIAL (especially for the younger contestants)!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nada leigh should've been at the girls category on her own, she would've gotten far..

If that's the XOX girl with the big voice, then no, she won't. She will come off too strong as a solo artist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm predicting that one of them two will have a moment next week that will give them a few more weeks, especially as both of them are due to have late time slots next week instead of Brothers3 and Caitlyn looking set to take them all the time.

I am not a big fan of Adrien but I can see Syndee having a moment if Ronan gives her the right song and she has her guitar.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't posted my thoughts yet this week, so bear with for the essay post :p

I felt this live show was a step down from last week's... My favourites were Reigan, Rochelle, Sydnee and Caitlyn. I didn't actually get the criticism for Sydnee, I thought it was great! I agree though she'll at least be bottom 2 soon (not sure about the judges sending her home but obviously it'll depend who joins her in the sing off). Reigan was stunning again, the production really made it seem as if she was a huge star on tour, and it was a really imaginative re-do of such an iconic pop song!

think the bottom 2 was maybe about right, I love XOX but they were kind of weak this week and I foresaw their bottom 2 placing... Glad that Younger Than Yesterday went though, they looked the part but that was it - they seemed such a mess mostly. I was expecting Marlisa to be worse than she was given her illness but it was kinda bad, you can tell she really struggled through it. I really felt for her though and admire her for fighting through it anyway. It's a shame because I was really excited when I saw she was singing Paparazzi as it's the sort of song I'd rather she sang than dated ballads like All By Myself, but I'm sure she'll be back on form next week!

Seriously not getting Brothers3 though... They're really just average, and the one with black hair really creeps me out haha! I feel like they'll get a bit samey too as the competition goes on. Also, Tee just leaves me cold if I'm honest... Good voice but I don't get much from him.

I feel the same about Tee,he has a good voice but I just dont feel it,I don't really watch his performances at all not like I do the others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    Did some people just lose fans, or are these the gains? Also, why are they so weak on social media (even on Twitter)? Social media is CRUCIAL (especially for the younger contestants)!!!

No theses are the likes on FB after each prformance.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Who's Danny?:confused:
    Dannii had two boys in the top two 2007, year after she had them til week 6. Ruth reached top5.
    In 2009 she had one in b2 from start but survived until w4, with Stacey being top3
    2010 she lost first in w1 due to his controversial behavior, then next w6, winning with Matt.

Shes only done bad in oz. I dont think they want her to win there.
    Groups in general have been booted out early on XF shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does the official channel remove then re-upload the performance videos?
  • Options
    peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen someone will be singing a Sia track this week * prays it's Reigan*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kangroo4 wrote: »
    I am not a big fan of Adrien but I can see Syndee having a moment if Ronan gives her the right song and she has her guitar.

I hope that you're right with Sydnee as I think that she has a lot of potential to be more than what was given to her this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, so apparently Reigan will be singing
    Sia- Chandelier
  • Options
    daniel_farrellydaniel_farrelly Posts: 1,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where was that revealed?:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sia- Chandelier

It's gonna be tough for her to sing, but her voice suits the song more than the others I think so I'll be looking forward to see what happens with this performance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where was that revealed?:)

"Next week’s theme is ‘Decades’ with the remaining 11 contestants to perform tracks from massive artists including Sia, Australian Crawl and George Michael."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/dannii-minogues-the-x-factor-group-younger-than-yesterday-second-live-evictees-of-the-series/story-fni0cvc9-1227028779268

And A girl on twitter said the song and artist was confirmed for Reigan when I asked her

https://twitter.com/malissahossain/status/501660602851266560
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sia- Chandelier

>:(>:(>:( if true foo will probable wreck it by adding over the top unnecessary production
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to aussie papers Dannii has been/is really ill and wasnt even at the studio thurs,fri.
    She only did the liveshows to support her team.
    Hm...
  • Options
    Aaron_RudolphAaron_Rudolph Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Sia- Chandelier

If that's the case it means the overs have the 'current' decade (although this song is a decade later in reality), which leaves the 70s, 80s and 90s for the boys, girls and groups.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that's the case it means the overs have the 'current' decade (although this song is a decade later in reality), which leaves the 70s, 80s and 90s for the boys, girls and groups.

How about the 00s? It's 2014. :D