Boulton blows his top on Sky News

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I managed to get a capture of it but via my mobile coz my comp with tv capture is in bits atm - quality is pretty decent though so I'd check it out :D

He properly loses it at 1:29 mins.

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6961/mov00563.mp4
    Wow.. all I can say is, these last few days must be some of the most politically intense in a long time in terms of news coverage. Late nights, early mornings; the journalists and possibly some politicians are almost at breaking point in some situations it seems. Kay Burley and now Adam Boulton have certainly shown signs of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    In defence of Boulton he has had hardly any sleep since election night, I think he must have done 24 hours of Live TV that day and nigtht.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Campbell's just been on BBC News with Nick Robinson, managed to avoid any shouting this time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Also, I think it was a joke decision to let him front Sky's Election coverage the other night - on his own. They should've had him on there like what the BBC did with Nick Robinson - to give a an overview of the results (even though it would've been biassed from Mr Boulton!).

Today's incident surely has to be the final straw for Boulton!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    My capture - the picture will get better soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZm5cm0ZtL4
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    Looks like Fox news is having a bad week
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    Any so called journalist should know better than to allow themselves to be manipulated by the likes of that. Only word for it is fool! :D
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is a fair point, im sure both news teams have never worked such long hours in there lives, before this week. Cant say im surprised some of them have gotten cranky, I know I do when I loose sleep.
    Forum Member
    dmc5007 wrote: »
    Campbell's just been on BBC News with Nick Robinson, managed to avoid any shouting this time!

He was on the BBC's Special just before appearing on Sky - no problems either!
  • SupercellSupercell Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Oooh he was more shouty than I thought! Dimbleby would never do that....
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, handbags! Least he didn't do a John Knott!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    coolatjc wrote: »
    In defence of Boulton he has had hardly any sleep since election night, I think he must have done 24 hours of Live TV that day and nigtht.
    Having watched it as it happened, I've got to say I think there was no excuse for the way he acted.

People have surely been forced to leave channels for less.
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    this is a fair point, im sure both news teams have never worked such long hours in there lives, before this week. Cant say im surprised some of them have gotten cranky, I know I do when I loose sleep.
    No excuse.

He was the same on Election night (with Campbell), and also, well before the Election campaign began with Labour-supporting staff!
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SSC wrote: »
    No excuse.

He was the same on Election night (with Campbell), and also, well before the Election campaign began with Labour-supporting staff!
    was not really excusing him, just pointing out there in general the news teams have been run ragged recently.

God knows what all of this extra coverage has done to the BBC News budget.
  • Murray MintMurray Mint Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    Good for Adam Boulton! :D
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    was not really excusing him, just pointing out there in general the news teams have been run ragged recently.

And... I wasn't accusing you personally or the original poster of making excuses for him.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    Boulton was only telling Alistar what the rest of the country are thinking!
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coolatjc wrote: »
    Boulton was only telling Alistar what the rest of the country are thinking!

I think if you had to put up with Campbell's lies for the last 13 years you might snap too.
  • RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My capture - the picture will get better soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZm5cm0ZtL4

Ah, one with sound. Thanks, good upload.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hahaha just watched the video. So funny and how unprofessional. Feel sorry for Rupert Murdoch who's SKY Television and newspapers were backing Conservatives and failed. (oh also Simon Cowell)
  • mad_dudemad_dude Posts: 10,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have seen some increasingly bizarre behaviour from the murdock press over the last few days, The marching into the the offices of the independant by Rebecca Wayde and James Murdock was the height of unprofessionalism. We are coming to the end of a reign of a very long murdock dictatorship and hopefully if there is a liberal and labour coalition even if it doesnt last very long that the regulatory mind**** that they do on Murdocks newspapers and broadcasting interests will return democracy back to the British people.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    I am backing Boulton to the hilt.

Campbell is a disgrace.
    Forum Member
    Full interview, courtesy of "craigbrass" (Youtube):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gkHwU4DRA8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is big, its even made it into the pages of the Newyorker.:eek:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2010/05/gordon-blows-up-uk-election.html