Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada should be aplorded

TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada should be aplorded for not wanting DLC content and having all elements of a game on the disc.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a392532/tekken-producer-would-rather-quit-namco-than-include-paid-dlc.html

In the past when you brought a game for a previous generation of games system you would get the game and there it was the whole game with all elements of that game on disc or cartarige.

But now a lot of games companies now want you to buy there game with your hard earnt money with some costing up to £50.00 which is still not as expensive a Sega Mega Drive Vitual Racing which cost an eye watering £70.00 back in 1993 but £50.00 for a game is still a lot of money for a game.

Then on top of that they then want you to shell out more money on extra DLC content. And some games and there are probably some where buying DLC content is essential or a must other wise you will not be able to finnish or complete the game that you are playing and you might of possible spent £50.00 of your hard earnt money on.

Games companies I feel are now using DLC content to mush and are taking advantage of us gamers buy making a game which we look forward to buying with our hard earnt money only for then to tell us that we could have put the whole game with all it's element on to the disc but we did not an now you are going to have to buy some DLC in order to enhance your gaming experience or in some cases complete your game making it compulsory for you to buy DLC content which can be expensive.

This is why I feel that Katsuhiro Harada should be for saying that all elements of a game should be on disc.

Comments

• Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aplorded? :confused:
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Applauded.

You knew what he meant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Applauded.

You knew what he meant.

Well I didn't...
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't worry OP I think most of us knew what you meant, it is hardly a riddle wrapped in an enigma is it?

PJ
  • roland82roland82 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I read the story on Computerandvideogames.com. Totally agreed, problem is Im sure his bosses like money a lot more than they like his opinions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Aplorded? :confused:
    Well I didn't...

I'm sorry are we in an english class i thought not so stop being idiots and take part in the discussion or just stay away.....

whats that, NUM NUM NUM, shit i feed some troll again silly me
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roland82 wrote: »
    I read the story on Computerandvideogames.com. Totally agreed, problem is Im sure his bosses like money a lot more than they like his opinions.

Indeed.

I'm sure most devs would love to produce epic games with loads crammed onto the disc, but video games are now a serious business and the money men seem to rule in a lot of cases. I doubt there is much a developer can do to stop day one DLC and that.

In saying that, I imagine there is a small number of greedy developers who want nothing more than to line their pockets and do ver little work in doing so.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Applauded.

You knew what he meant.

You can read minds through the forum? Wow.

Of course i didn't know what he meant. It didn't seem like a spelling error. I thought it was a word i didn't know.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I read the article and he is absoultely right. I will never purchase DLC, as i'm of the belief that games shouldn't be sold incomplete, for the sake of gaining extra revenue. But unfortunatlely, he is in the wrong postion of power, to instigate any change.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree with him. Of course there are some cases such as Fallout and Mass Effect that do DLC right, but more times than not it's just become a quick cash earner.

I may be wrong, but if it's on the disc and you own the disc then surely you could unlock it yourself legally (if you knew how or if it was possible)
  • BinaryDadBinaryDad Posts: 3,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I'm sorry are we in an english class i thought not so stop being idiots and take part in the discussion or just stay away.....

whats that, NUM NUM NUM, shit i feed some troll again silly me

The forum rules do state that people should make some effort on their spelling and punctuation. Both of which, are sadly lacking in the OP's post.