Options

Tia Sharp: Stuart Hazell Pleads Guilty

Comments

• Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    divingbboy wrote: »
    Hazell's lawyer said his client made the decision to change his plea to spare Tia's family further suffering.

Spare them more suffering than they had already had to endure after that photo had been shown around the court on three occasions?

More like the filthy pervert knew he couldn't withstand cross examination and his so called defence was going to get shredded. :mad:
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cultureman wrote: »
    Without bandying about precise psychiatric labels, I agree that the only reason I can think of why someone would do something as frankly self-incriminatory as taking a nude image of the deceased, is that doing so gave him some kind of elemental sexually based gratification.

Yes, I wasn't trying to label him, just that this is now significantly beyond a "typical child abuse of sexual assault and murder" case (of which there of sadly many thousands) into something uniquely horrifying.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheBilly wrote: »
    Do you think he'll get a whole life sentence with no parole?
    Sadly, not, as very few of those are meted out, usually to those who have multiple victims.
  • Options
    KleistKleist Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Yes it's like Brady and Hindley and their tape recording and photographs
  • Options
    Logan FiveLogan Five Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bastard should hang, but he won't. Nothing to do with stopping the family from suffering any longer - it's all about self preservation.

Sick ****.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Logan Five wrote: »
    Bastard should hang, but he won't. Nothing to do with stopping the family from suffering any longer - it's all about self preservation.

Sick ****.

Either he's going to be in isolation for the rest of his life, or I suspect that he will not last unscathed in prison for very long.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    Hazell's lawyer said his client made the decision to change his plea to spare Tia's family further suffering.

Hang the b*****d!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    Either he's going to be in isolation for the rest of his life, or I suspect that he will not last unscathed in prison for very long.

He doesn't want to be seen as an Ian Huntley type. If I was the prison service I would have him put in the next cell to Huntley as a form of justice. Let him see every day just what he is.

And that poor child's Grandmother needs to do a bit of soul searching about bringing him into their lives IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    He claims he's plead guilty to spare the family further suffering. That doesn't mean he has changed his story about what occurred.

Ah right, that kind of makes sense, but how could he stand by his previous statement of'she accidentally fell down the stairs' , whilst simultaneously admitting murder?

I guess as more news comes out we will know more of the story.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I can see him attempting to kill himself.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    And that poor child's Grandmother needs to do a bit of soul searching about bringing him into their lives IMO.

He used to go out with the daughter (Tia's mum) before the grandmother. He was known to the family for years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    He used to go out with the daughter (Tia's mum) before the grandmother. He was known to the family for years.

In that case is it possible he was Tia's biological father?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »

But why was the grandmother having a relationship with him and responsible for bringing up a near teenager in the same home? I don't really understand how Tia came to be living with them? :confused:
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Hazell's Barrister to make plea in mitigation at 2pm. Er, good luck with that........

innit, what possible mitigation could there be? other than insanity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But why was the grandmother having a relationship with him and responsible for bringing up a near teenager in the same home? I don't really understand how Tia came to be living with them? :confused:

She wasn't bringing her up and she wasn't living with them. She just used to stay at her house as most grandchildren do sometimes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    innit, what possible mitigation could there be? other than insanity.

I also feel quite wretched for the Jurors. Apparently they have had to sit through some appallingly graphic evidence that it too awful to print in the media. Some of them have really struggled with the case apparently. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I also feel quite wretched for the Jurors. Apparently they have had to sit through some appallingly graphic evidence that it too awful to print in the media. Some of them have really struggled with the case apparently. :(

i wonder if jurors get any help after they`ve been involved in cases like this. or any that involve particularly nasty stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Merely the description of that single photo is almost too much to bare... I can't imagine having to look at it at length with a clear logical mind, nevermind all the other photos of the death scene there must have been.

I hope they're being properly looked after.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wonder if jurors get any help after they`ve been involved in cases like this. or any that involve particularly nasty stuff.

I have always wondered that. Or can you excuse yourself as a Juror if you have have had sexual abuse in your own past or even anxiety issues? I would think you must need to have a fairly tough mental constitution to withstand some of what you are expected to see and hear. :(
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have always wondered that. Or can you excuse yourself as a Juror if you have have had sexual abuse in your own past or even anxiety issues? I would think you must need to have a fairly tough mental constitution to withstand some of what you are expected to see and hear. :(

I imagine all the jurors would have been given a pretty good indication of the kind of evidence to which they were going to be exposed with the choice of opting out.

All jurors who heard the case would have made the choice to do so.
  • Options
    Forum Member

turns out there`s something available, courtesy of the samaritans:
    Jurors left traumatised by evidence during criminal trials are being helped to cope by a pioneering link-up between courts and the Samaritans.

Members of Crown Court juries struggling to cope with horrific cases are now being put in direct touch with the Samaritans through court staff.

Contact numbers and leaflets are now available in jury rooms at courts across the country, including Bradford, after the launch of the partnership between the Samaritans and the HM Courts Service.

The Samaritans said it was recognised that jury service could be stressful and jurors may hear upsetting evidence. And feelings of distress may not surface until some time after the trial.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/1708155.traumatised_jurors_offered_counselling/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I imagine all the jurors would have been given a pretty good indication of the kind of evidence to which they were going to be exposed with the choice of opting out.

Exactly. There are very few people who would wish to see sexually posed photos of a dead child, and those that would are not those you'd wish on a jury.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not before the trial had begun, so they would have had no idea what was about to be shown.

They would have been told before the pictures were shown that they were about to be shown potentially distressing images.

There have been several reports of jurors weeping and crying in court.
  • Options
    CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    I can't see him getting a whole life tariff, but it's not impossible. I'm guessing 25-30 years minimum.
  • Options
    Forum Member

can you opt out on the basis of distressing evidence?