Ooooh, good times, saw him loads tonight

I love Trev The Hat :D:D:D

He's so fab I think he needs his own thread

Who's with me?

I think I spotted Trev The Hat once, I must try harder
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    He certainly needs his old spot back. :)
  • Options
    Mrs SprattMrs Spratt Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was looking out for him under the stairs and spotted him once.

SCD isn't the same without him smiling beside Dave Arch when the band are introduced :cry:
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More man in the hat please.
  • Options
    KaeresteKaereste Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missing Trev the Hat! He needs his old spot back so we can see his lovely grin when the band is introduced. The guy who's there is lovely, but he is no hat-man,.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Put Trev back in his rightful place - I miss his lovely smile
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BeckaBoots wrote: »
    Put Trev back in his rightful place - I miss his lovely smile

Think Trev is in the same place as always, but the camera angle is changed. :(

Bring back "The Man in The Hat Cam"!
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking for him is the only thing makes the show work watching
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    The frustrating thing last night was to be able to see his arm waving but not a glimpse of the hat. He was the only thing that made Bruce's thanks to Dave Arch and co bearable.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trev hasn't moved, the camera angles have :(

Campaign for a "Trev the hat cam " please
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mute the sound from our TV and route the audio through my vintage hifi amplifier and big Goodman's speakers.
    This demonstrates what a significant contribution he makes to the band.

There were some pretty dire music choices tonight, which unfortunately taxed the abilities of some very good singers.
  • Options
    CamisCamis Posts: 13,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He did tip his hat as they scanned across the band - you could just make out where he was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camis wrote: »
    He did tip his hat as they scanned across the band - you could just make out where he was.

Did you notice the eye make-up of one of the singers behind him as Bruce was waffling on for ages?
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camis wrote: »

I was happy because I spotted him 2 or 3 times tonight. What a brilliant band it is and Dave Arch is a genius. Pity about the music choices though, Abbey's tango music was dire.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was happy because I spotted him 2 or 3 times tonight. What a brilliant band it is and Dave Arch is a genius. Pity about the music choices though, Abbey's tango music was dire.

I missed the first part of Saturdays show, but I agree the band are great, I hope to spot the hat next Saturday.
  • Options
    KaeresteKaereste Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only had one very brief glimpse of Trev on Sat. :-(. I would definitely support a Trev-cam!
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I'll be seeing him and Dave on Monday and will tell them we need more views of the Hat. Maybe they should change the camera angle when the old dodderer thanks the band!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    I'll be seeing him and Dave on Monday and will tell them we need more views of the Hat. Maybe they should change the camera angle when the old dodderer thanks the band!:D

Doubt if they'll take much notice of what he says.
    I'm sure he can't like some of the crap tunes he's asked to play. But he's a professional and will just get on with it.
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please do! I miss him!
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did you mention the Man in the Hat?

I miss him. I briefly saw him doff his hat on Saturday but it's not the same as his happy, smiley face.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

please do!!!! or tell Dave we need a Trev The HAt cam :D
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doubt if they'll take much notice of what he says.
    I'm sure he can't like some of the crap tunes he's asked to play. But he's a professional and will just get on with it.

If we think positive they probably will take notice
  • Options
    yorkshirelass2yorkshirelass2 Posts: 2,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    please do!!!! or tell Dave we need a Trev The HAt cam :D

We do indeed. I want to see a close up of his smile tonight !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With all this attention he should get himself a "Hat Sponsor."

Hat's aren't that popular, Trev's, is a leather "Ben Webster" style, made popular by him (although he had other hats and a beret) and other jazz musicians fifty years ago.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ben+webster&client=firefox-a&hs=kTn&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=aOtrUpijNOOO7Qb85IHgBQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1432&bih=731#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=GLbbhVmLkn0JxM%3A%3BhgSvM_R4JJ740M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Feil.com%252Fimages%252Fmain%252FBen%252BWebster%252B-%252BBen%252BWebster%252BAnd%252BFriends%252B-%252BLP%252BRECORD-493225.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Feil.com%252Fshop%252Fmoreinfo.asp%253Fcatalogid%253D493225%3B500%3B493

I've a similar hat, which goes with my leather coat, I had to get it from New York ten years ago as they were unobtainable in this country.
  • Options
    Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ooooooh do u have something to do with the show? Do tell. Everyone on here prob knows u but I'm a bit behind the times ***sits in corner in old fogie mode waiting for gossip*** :)