Doctor Who One Sentance At A Time

Comments

• tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Rose still has some connection with the Tardis it fly s for her and lands in an estate in South London, Rose says, hey this is where my Mum lived.

Now Rose says one problem solved, whats going on then?

Daleks Cybermen seen em all. Hey I finished of the emporia Dalek,

Jack says, thats my girl!!! Jenny says to Jack stop flirting.

John Smith then says, I can now smell the Doctor, he is close, very close, very close...and faints..

Jack says should I give him the kiss of life?

Rose says no he has just fainted, he is still breathing.

Jack says I know but I just fancied a snog.

Jenny says, stop flirting again.

A familiar voice is outside... Missed me then?

It the next day now, around 12pm, a bit cloudy and chilly, and the Doctor is outside. He opens the tardis doors and gets in. "I remembered that I had a vortex manipulator on me from when I had an auton as a companion." "An auton? You've got to be kidding." said Rose.
    "Long story...Rose! Oh, Rose." Said the Doctor. He smiles at her, then they have a big hug. "You alright?" said the Doctor.
    "Never better. See you've changed again." said Rose.

The Doctor looks on the floor and notices the human Doctor. "I see you're still with him then?" said the Doctor. "Yes, we are married now." said Rose. She holds up her hand and shows the Doctor her ring. "What happened?" said the human Doctor, coming round and feeling dazed.
    "We need to find the Master, quick. He's got Martha Jones. Oh, Rose. I have some news for you. She married Mickey." said the Doctor.
    "Oh, right. What, Martha? The woman who I saw when we had the Daleks invading? Davros, and all that?" said Rose.
    "Yes, her, when we had the Daleks trying to gain control of Earth." said the Doctor. "Where is Clara?" said Jenny.
    "She staying in Glastonbury for now, for the festival. I'll pick her up once things have been resolved and Martha is safe again." said the Doctor.

Kate Lethbridge Stewart walked in and closed the doors behind her. "Doctor, please can we go to UNIT HQ?" She said.
    "Alright. That first, then we find the Master. He got to be stopped." said the Doctor. He pulls a leaver and off they go, to UNIT HQ.

The Tardis arrives at UNIT HQ. The crew get out and stand in front of the blue box.
    "Doctor!" said a UNIT soldier, saluting. "No, no. No thanks. I don't want a salute, thanks." said the Doctor.
    "Everything alright here?" said Kate. "Alright apart from the fact that we are getting a trace of a ship of time lord design in flight. In the vortex." said the soldier.
    "The Master!" said the Doctor. "Can you disable his ship?" said Kate.
    "I'll try." said the soldier looking at his screen about to press some buttons. "If you can, then his ship will fall uncontrollably through the vortex and will never be able to stop. His ship will run out of air with hours and the Master will die." said Kate. "Then we get back to Glastonbury and rescue Martha. "It should work as there only seems to be the Master on board." said the Soldier.

He pressed a button to dissable the ship. The ship began spinning too and fro, uncontrollably, then blew up. "Chan, that was good tho." said Chantho. "After we've rescued Martha and took her back home to Mickey, we must get you home to Chantho." said the Doctor. "Then I'll deal with Jack and Jenny."
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Jenny was looking confused. "I'm confused", she said.

"I thought Chantho had already captured the Master and teleported him to his ship. So why do we think that ship we blew up was the Master's? Plus, just when did 20th century human technology get to be able to both see into the vortex and disable a Gallifreyan TARDIS?"

"Something's not right here."

She shakes her head and struggles to concentrate. The scene around her fades and reveals she and Jack strapped to chairs in some stone basement. A kind of spinning globe is beaming multicoloured patterns at them.

"It must have been some kind of brainwashing", she thought. "Whatever teleported the Master away may actually have taken us instead!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't people read?
    A New Story Thread:

I'm gonna give the story a title and the first sentence then the next person posts with the next sentence until we have a story: the story must follow the title but it can go any wacky you want it to. However you can't post twice in a row you have to wait until someone else has posted with another sentence before

So the story title is

A Valentines To Remember

Here's the first sentence:

A great mammoth of a cake went in the TARDIS bin as The Doctor looked on in complete anger...

One sentence.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Can't people read?

One sentence.

You're a polite fellow aren't you.
    Forum Member
    Can't people read?

One sentence.

[The majority seem to prefer it this way (there was a brief 'discussion' near the start of the thread). The OP is the only one with any legitimate right to complain and he/she hasn't done so.

Personally I think one sentence will just lead to the same sort of unfocused inanity that made me give up the five words at a time thread. Having said that, some posters have been taking the length to extremes lately!]
    Forum Member
    [By the way, as long as we're out of story mode, sorry for doing the "it was all a dream" thing again but I think the story had a few wires crossed and it was the only way I could think to resolve the plot holes. Hope I didn't upset anyone.]
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it should be called a A Few Sentences At A Time:D

Unfortunately I have lost my way in the thread as the paragraphs are a little long but most entertaining.:D
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have lost my way in the thread as the paragraphs are a little long but most entertaining.:D

Ok, hopefully the below synopsis will be helpful:

The Doctor had a bad dream about the Master trying to kill him then woke up in the TARDIS to find the Master's TARDIS chasing him. He resolved to kill the Master once and for all and tried to phone Martha to help him. However, the Master answered the phone. He had Martha held captive. The Doctor insisted on talking to her and the Master put her on. She tried to give a clue about there being a beacon at Glastonbury Tor designed to summon something but was cutoff. The Doctor tried to take the TARDIS there except that it materialised in the Abbey instead.

He got out and he and Clara headed towards the Tor but then Kate and Winifred from UNIT arrived. They advised the Doctor of the existence of his daughter Jenny and called Jenny to meet them. The UNIT team drive away and Jenny arrives and meets the Doctor. Captain Jack turns up too.

The Doctor gets a note under his hotel door saying it's from the Master and that he should meet him outside the Abbey tomorrow and he'll then give Martha back.

The Doctor says he's going back to UNIT HQ so Jack teleports there and the others pile into the TARDIS but the Doctor has actually gone to Glastonbury Tor because the Doctor wants to ditch Jack (and why would he want to go to UNIT anyway?).

The Master is apparently under the Abbey and he has brainwashed Martha into wanting to kill the Doctor (not just once but twice to stop his regeneration).

Jack tracks the TARDIS down to the Tor but before he finds the Doctor the Master shrinks him with the Tissue Compression Eliminator but then Jenny knocks the Master out.

Before they can do anything more a transporter beam vanishes the Master away and the voice of Chantho can be heard saying that they'll have to wait to get their own back on the Master as there is a long queue of people who want their revenge.

At this point I think Tiggerpooh must have misread the previous post because he/she seemed to be assuming that Chantho was with everyone when he was presumably in some distant spaceship having captured the Master. The Doctor arrives having left Clara behind in Glastonbury somewhere. Jenny and Jack and Chantho get into the TARDIS. Rose and her now husband Doctor suddenly appear in the TARDIS having apparently broken out of the other dimension they had been trapped in. After a brief interlude at Rose's house the TARDIS goes back to UNIT HQ where apparently a UNIT soldier says they can see a Gallifreyan ship in the vortex which everyone presumes is the Master's and then a soldier presses a button and blows it up.

I decided to try to fix things by having the results of the above two paragraphs just an attempted brainwash of Jenny and Jack (presumably be the Master). If it had worked they would think the Master was dead and it would buy him some time. Meanwhile, let's not forget that the Master actually wants the Doctor to rescue Martha so that Martha can then carry out her programming and kill him. Plus there's this mysterious beacon on the Tor...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shan't reply to this thread anymore. It's gotten silly with other people saying this and that, and changing what I've already posted. It makes me so angry that people would do this. :mad:

I was doing so well, I thought with what I'd written, AND it took me at least 20 minutes each time I posted, too. People are taking this too far, and SPOILING it. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    George went through the forest, and found a magic egg. Then he killed Clara and ate the Doctor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    I shan't reply to this thread anymore. It's gotten silly with other people saying this and that, and changing what I've already posted. It makes me so angry that people would do this. :mad:

I was doing so well, I thought with what I'd written, AND it took me at least 20 minutes each time I posted, too. People are taking this too far, and SPOILING it. :mad:
    Tiggerpooh, don't be upset, you should carry on replying to the thread, I like seeing what you have written.:)
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    Tiggerpooh, don't be upset, you should carry on replying to the thread, I like seeing what you have written.:)

Yes, I really don't want you to leave either (I sent you a PM). Sorry if you felt I was treading on your toes Tiggerpooh :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    George went through the forest, and found a magic egg. Then he killed Clara and ate the Doctor.
    George the Tortoise had been dreaming, he had too much lettuce for lunch, he had met the Doctor once, a long while ago.Would the Doctor remember George?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Jenny was looking confused. "I'm confused", she said.

"I thought Chantho had already captured the Master and teleported him to his ship. So why do we think that ship we blew up was the Master's? Plus, just when did 20th century human technology get to be able to both see into the vortex and disable a Gallifreyan TARDIS?"

"Something's not right here."

She shakes her head and struggles to concentrate. The scene around her fades and reveals she and Jack strapped to chairs in some stone basement. A kind of spinning globe is beaming multicoloured patterns at them.

"It must have been some kind of brainwashing", she thought. "Whatever teleported the Master away may actually have taken us instead!"

[Scrubbing what was said about George. And I'm sorry if I overeacted. I felt angry that's all because some people were trying to ruin the flow of the story and stopping it continuing.]

A woman in fancy clothing started walking towards them. Her hair was up in a bun with a crocodile clip attatched.
    "Whoever you are, let us go!" said Jack, struggling. "I, am known as the Rani. I am a time lord also, but I escaped from The Doctor's home planet, just to get away. I didn't like the Time Lords. They were too controlling. I see the Doctor has got you two as companions now?" She said.
    "No, we were just visiting him. He does have a companion. She's called Clara Oswald." said Jack. "Why are we here?" said Jenny.
    "Say hello to my allies." said the Rani, pointing behind her, chuckling.

Davros came out in his chair, followed by two bronze coloured Daleks. "Davros!" said Jack. "I see you have captured two people the Doctor knows. You have done well, Rani." said Davros.
    "Exterminate them! Exterminate them!" shouted the two Daleks.
    "No! I want them alive!" said the Rani. "I can't die anyway. I'm immortal." said Jack.
    "And I'm part time lord, so I'd regenerate." said Jenny.
    "Part time lord? You can't be serious." said the Rani, in disbelief, with a frowned expression.
    "The Doctor visited the planet Messaline once, and a machine took DNA from his hand and I was created." said Jenny. "I am called Jenny, and this is Jack." She said.
    "Kill her!" said Davros.
    "No!" screamed the Rani. A dalek took a blast at Jenny and she groaned and her lifeless body slouched forward.
    "What have you done? You cannot do this!" said Jack. "We have put an end to this, once and for all." said a Dalek.
    "What is this place?" said Jack.
    "You are on a planet that the Daleks have made their own, after the Doctor, in his seventh persona blew up Skaro." said the Rani.

Suddenly, electrical energy could be seen around Jenny, and the strap around her waist broke. She fell to the floor and turned round, lying on the ground on her back. She started to change, but there was something wrong. She was struggling to regenerate. The yellowish light dissapeared, and she was left in the same body, unable to change.
    "She's dead! She can't change!" screamed Jack.
    "Ha! Ha! Ha!" chuckled the Rani. "Take her body and dispose of it." said Davros.
    The Rani picked up her body and walked out of the room with it. "Her body will be burnt until it is no more." said a Dalek.
    Forum Member
    Outside, the Rani was met by two Ogrons. She dumped the body at their feet. "Take the body away and burn it", she cried exultantly. Then she went back inside to gloat at Jack.

The Ogrons took the body down several corridors until they reached an exit to the wastelands outside. It was an arid landscape. Two suns burned in an orange sky. The Ogrons leaned the body against a wall and headed off to find something flammable.

No sooner had they disappeared than the golden glow re-emerged around Jenny's body. As it subsided, she gasped and opened her eyes. "Phew", she said, "wasn't sure I could hold it back that long". Pulling up her sleeve she breathed a sigh of relief. "I knew it was a good idea to camouflage my time bracelet as jewellery", she muttered. "Good thing they didn't scan it".

The sound of the Ogrons arguing with each other, brought her head up with a jerk. "Sorry, Jack", she muttered, "I'm not the indestructible one. Better fetch help". She touched the time bracelet and vanished.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    [Scrubbing what was said about George.

What on earth gives you the right to 'scrub' someone's part of the story?!

Might as well make a thread for your own story if you're going to decide what can and can't go in!

The whole point of a game like this is anyone can add to it with whatever they want!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also can anyone please try and submit something that doesn't consist of a nonsensical shoehorning in of every past character they can think of? It is why I don't usually bother with these things. Sure, my writing style is shite but I was making an effort to direct the story somewhere faintly original but it gets stamped on with 'then UNIT turned up out of the blue and they brought the Rani with them who was hiding inside a Dalek casing that had been built by Professor Lazarus who in turn was just around the corner having a party with some Slitheen....' Sigh.

The Master
    Martha
    Amy Pond
    Rose
    Kate Lethbridge
    Winifred
    Captain Jack
    Jenny
    Chantho
    John Smith
    Davros
    The Rani
    Ogrons

IN THREE PAGES!!!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also I am keen to learn more about George and the magic egg.
    Forum Member
    What on earth gives you the right to 'scrub' someone's part of the story?!

[If we didn't ignore it the Doctor would be dead and you can't have a Doctor Who story without the Doctor. I don't think anyone really took your post as being a serious contribution. This isn't a nonsense thread like the five words one, we're trying to make it vaguely plausible!

As it happens, sandydune's post rescues things very nicely so we don't really have to scrub the post. It just makes a nice comical interlude.]
    Forum Member
    Also can anyone please try and submit something that doesn't consist of a nonsensical shoehorning in of every past character they can think of? It is why I don't usually bother with these things. Sure, my writing style is shite but I was making an effort to direct the story somewhere faintly original but it gets stamped on with 'then UNIT turned up out of the blue and they brought the Rani with them who was hiding inside a Dalek casing that had been built by Professor Lazarus who in turn was just around the corner having a party with some Slitheen....' Sigh.

[While I don't disagree, I don't think we should get too censorial. Too many rules and we'll just end up stifling people from posting at all. Some of the above make sense within the story. It was set on Earth so UNIT being involved is reasonable. Since the Master had been rescued he must have had an accomplice so the Rani and the Daleks make sense. The Ogrons were just a natural consequence of being on the Dalek planet. They always have a slave race to do their menial stuff. I did try to ditch Jack but it didn't stick ;)

Jenny is definitely a shoehorn but I love that character so I'm not complaining there. I wish she'd come back to the real show.]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [If we didn't ignore it the Doctor would be dead and you can't have a Doctor Who story without the Doctor. I don't think anyone really took your post as being a serious contribution. This isn't a nonsense thread like the five words one, we're trying to make it vaguely plausible!

As it happens, sandydune's post rescues things very nicely so we don't really have to scrub the post. It just makes a nice comical interlude.]

Perhaps read sandydunes post after mine. It was all a dream.

Everyone's contributions should be treated the same. So what if I killed the Doctor? If you lot are such wonderful writers, find a way round it like sandydune did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Outside, the Rani was met by two Ogrons. She dumped the body at their feet. "Take the body away and burn it", she cried exultantly. Then she went back inside to gloat at Jack.

The Ogrons took the body down several corridors until they reached an exit to the wastelands outside. It was an arid landscape. Two suns burned in an orange sky. The Ogrons leaned the body against a wall and headed off to find something flammable.

No sooner had they disappeared than the golden glow re-emerged around Jenny's body. As it subsided, she gasped and opened her eyes. "Phew", she said, "wasn't sure I could hold it back that long". Pulling up her sleeve she breathed a sigh of relief. "I knew it was a good idea to camouflage my time bracelet as jewellery", she muttered. "Good thing they didn't scan it".

The sound of the Ogrons arguing with each other, brought her head up with a jerk. "Sorry, Jack", she muttered, "I'm not the indestructible one. Better fetch help". She touched the time bracelet and vanished.

The Rani transported to her spaceship. Once there, away from any witnesses, she removed her mask revealing her true identity; Gene Simmons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenny had transported back to her pod, her little home from home, gadgets within easy reach. She picked up a brooch and held it to the light and then put it in her pocket. "Fully charged, off we go" She moved the dial on the bracelet, tranporting her back to find Jack playing dominoes with the Rani.
    Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows Jenny watched and waited. They were exchanging small talk but it was clear that the Rani was after information, trying to assess how much Jack knew of her plans (which appeared to be nothing). After a while, the Rani got fed up with beating Jack at Dominoes. She stretched and left the room. A Dalek could be seen guarding the door outside.

Jenny snuck up behind Jack and clamped a hand over his mouth. He started, but relaxed when he saw it was Jenny. She showed him the brooch and he grinned…

Meanwhile, back in Glastonbury the Doctor had met up with Clara. They had found a secret door in the Abbey leading underground. As they crept carefully down the stairs they could hear the hum of machinery. The door at the bottom of the staircase was locked but the Doctor made short work of it with his sonic screwdriver. He opened the door a crack and peered in to see Martha tied to a chair in a room full of computers and strange machines.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Clara, pass me the stethoscope please" Clara searched in her bag and gave the stethoscope to the Doctor. The Doctor threw the stethoscope through the crack in the door, landing near Martha who shuffled it nearer with her feet. Martha motioned to the side to warn the Doctor of what was waiting in the room.The Doctor reached for his sonic screwdriver as they slowly opened the door a little more to see a parrot sitting on a stool. "Hello Doctor, curiosity is relevant" muttered the parrot.