Homeland Season 2 (US Pace) [Spoilers MUST be in tags!]

Comments

• seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    slats7 wrote: »
    Not sure why Estes and Quinn wanted Brody dead had Nazir been captured.

Maybe they think he would be too much of a loose cannon having been on the side of the terrorists. They probably wouldn't fully trust him so best to get him out of the way.
    Forum Member
    Just had a thought - it might have been mentioned by someone else though. Maybe Abu Nazir was just testing Brody. He might have told Brody that he was going to target the homecoming just to see if the CIA found out about it. The whole thing could have been set up by Nazir to look like a terrorist attack, and now that he knows that Brody is providing information to the CIA he could end up going for Brody. If so I wouldn't want to be in Brody's shoes, wanted by both sides.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    for sure... they must have a few plans, A b c... once AN is in the US surely he wants to go out with a big bang (and I hope he does) Roya was not only one of his soldiers but a very close familu friend. AN must be a very very angry man
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    feeVerte wrote: »
    for sure... they must have a few plans, A b c... once AN is in the US surely he wants to go out with a big bang (and I hope he does) Roya was not only one of his soldiers but a very close familu friend. AN must be a very very angry man
    Not so sure. Nasir and Brody may have sacrificed Roya and the crew to keep the CIA off the scent - imo, we didn't see all the conversation that Nasir and Brody had, which is part of the reason why it was shown piecemeal and in flashback.

All we know is they parted with Nasir saying "we will not meet again", which on my reading is ambiguous. Nasir himself may even be a suicide bomber....

That would also keep Brody nicely in play for S3.
  • bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    By the end of S3 Brody could be both President of the United States AND head of the worlds biggest terror network.....a kind of Osama Obama.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    double
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy-B wrote: »
    Not so sure. Nasir and Brody may have sacrificed Roya and the crew to keep the CIA off the scent - imo, we didn't see all the conversation that Nasir and Brody had, which is part of the reason why it was shown piecemeal and in flashback.

All we know is they parted with Nasir saying "we will not meet again", which on my reading is ambiguous. Nasir himself may even be a suicide bomber....

That would also keep Brody nicely in play for S3.

You could be right Andy, of course. I read it as a farwell too, and that AN wants to carry out a suicide mission with the help of Brody, he asked Brody to help one more time. Not sure he expected Brody to give up Roya though, yet that could be part of the plan. Brody knowing AN will die could have agreed to help too, if it is a two-way plan in place...
    We will soon find out....hopefully

BAzaroo... they way things are going why not? With Carrie as First Lady too ;-)
  • NansbreadNansbread Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see the trailer at the end of the 9th episode. It was cracking.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nansbread wrote: »
    Did anyone see the trailer at the end of the 9th episode. It was cracking.
    not sure what it shows
    i always watch the 3 clips SHOtime puts on their official website
    and yes cracking... two words, achilles heel
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    Just had a thought - it might have been mentioned by someone else though. Maybe Abu Nazir was just testing Brody. He might have told Brody that he was going to target the homecoming just to see if the CIA found out about it. The whole thing could have been set up by Nazir to look like a terrorist attack, and now that he knows that Brody is providing information to the CIA he could end up going for Brody. If so I wouldn't want to be in Brody's shoes, wanted by both sides.

not possible. Anu N would not sacrifice his main weapons guy and team of shooters for a stunt like this. It was a operation that failed due to Brodys two timing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched Episode 10. I think I need to watch it again because it was crazy tense. is the VP dead? I think so, unless they can resuscitate him. I'd like to see how Brody gets out of that one if he does come round again.

Typical Carrie going back under strict orders not to. Of course she'd go back.

And Saul has been thrown under the bus now I take it? What kind of thanks is that...
  • mazeymazey Posts: 136,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watched Episode 10. I think I need to watch it again because it was crazy tense. is the VP dead? I think so, unless they can resuscitate him. I'd like to see how Brody gets out of that one if he does come round again.

Typical Carrie going back under strict orders not to. Of course she'd go back.

And Saul has been thrown under the bus now I take it? What kind of thanks is that...

Ep 10 spoiler
    The VP is dead, Brody waited before getting help, that could cause a problem for Brody but maybe not. The hacker's screen showed a flatline for all vital signs.

Two characters need a serious slap; Carrie and Dana. The preview for next week shows Carrie escapes again, unfortunately. Dana gives away Brody's involvement in the CIA, being a Muslim etc when she tells Finn, I think that will have repercussions when he learns of his father's death and Brody being there.

Saul is in big trouble, he looks like he has a blood pressure band on his arm and a strap of some sort around his chest while being held in detention. (preview)

I am really curious to know how Carrie connected all the dots to decide there is a mole other than Brody.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Brody busts a gut to save Carrie and she goes back. what shoddy writing.

Shes wearing heels and making a clatter on the metal floor. Can no one in that foundry hear her coming???

her hands also did not look well tied.

But great episode.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episode titles don't get much better than the next one..
    "The Mother****er with a Turban"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 ahah... exactly what I thought
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think Saul is a mole. he is being taken out because he knows about Quinn and the plot to kill Brody and protect the VP as was done after the drone attack. Bit ridiculous to kill a person for that when all they have to do is deny it.

So now Carrie has to save America and Saul as well, all the while when taking her medication and disobeying orders and pulling weird faces.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it just occurred to me...are we going to see season 3 Brody running solo for President? :eek:
  • SquiggleSquiggle Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nansbread wrote: »
    So Brody busts a gut to save Carrie and she goes back. what shoddy writing.

Why would it be shoddy writing? By now you must be aware that it is in Carrie's nature to go to extremes to make sure that information or a person of interest is not lost. It's an obsession with her. Her idea of waiting is not to. Her reaction to going back into the facility is actually in keeping with her character.
    Shes wearing heels and making a clatter on the metal floor. Can no one in that foundry hear her coming???

her hands also did not look well tied.

But great episode.

Wow, really? lol

Her hands weren't tied with rope per se. Those were zip ties and they were really strapped on very well and I do mean for real for the scene. Ever had one put on you? They are difficult to remove on your own. Believe me, I tested them once. ;) Riot police in the US use them for their effectiveness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tense or what? Really enjoyed last night's episode. Brody's efforts to free Carrie, kill the VP and Abu Nazir's terrorist talk with Carrie were all great.
    I'm still oh so confused about the mole. I used to be convinced it was Saul, then convinced it wasn't. Carrie is Carrie. Impulsive, hotheaded and passionate. I think her character is brilliantly scripted, not shoddy.

As ever I'll watch again in a bit. There's so much to take in the first time.

:) 'Exciting stuff though. Will Abu Nazir get out of America? My money's on "yes".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes if the writer still want him to play a parte in season three
    but AN, as things stand at this point, could be ready to meet his God. Carrie does not believe that. AN said that he did not want to go the Bin Laden way, hiding and waiting till the end....he also lost his wife and kids but Issa in a first attack, than Issa and he has now also lost Brody... not to mention his team. If I look at it from a narrative point of view AN should just die. I am not sure suicide is acceptable in islam if not in the name of jiad. For christians it is not so I assume it may be the same. Anyone?
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WTF didn't Carrie mention the whole "Nazir made Brody get the number for the VP's pacemaker" thing when she was on the phone to Saul? Instead all she did was tell him where she was and then run straight back...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: I thought that whole thing of being able to kill the VP by WiFi was a tad far fetched. Seems I was, as ever, wrong.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/12/business/12heart-web.html?_r=2&

Second time of watching I thought the writers have set up Nazir to die in a spectacular. But will he succeed in taking out whatever his target will be. The whole conversation with Carrie seemed to be preparing the way for him to become a jihadist. Family comes first, VP was the opposite, they meant a means to an end.

Could Galvez be the mole? If they dont reveal it during this season I'm going to scream. These things have a shelf life, just like 24 got unreal or "been here, seen this". I fear Homeland will go the same way :( I couldn't see me watching a 4th season. 3 would be enough. There's something about winding up a great series in one lot not dragging it out so you become more and more incredulous.

It's so frustrating watching Hatufim Series 2 on You Tube because, obviously there are no subtitles. No sign of Sky picking it up again. :p Anyone want to give me a crash course in Hebrew? Prisoners Of War was the best drama I've ever watched.
    Forum Member
    tally wrote: »
    Could Galvez be the mole?

I've thought that from the beginning - but it could be too obvious just because he's a Muslim. I was surprised to see him in this episode though as I though Quinn was the only survivor from the tailor's shop.

I don't think Quinn is the mole, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Estes :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is what I got so far
    Quinn mission is to kill Brody, make sure Carrie doesnt find out, he has used Carrie knowing exactly what button press to make her jump like a puppet
    Este now has to make sure Saul doesnt get in the way of hi soldier Quinn excecuting his order. he is part of a bigger scheme with Dar Adal helping/running? Something to do with politics not terrorism though, so for me he is no mole
    Galvez.. writers made sure you knew his background and it would be truly horrible if the only muslim was the mole, they cannot do that plus there where situation where he was not around
    that lives Virgil/Max who's mission is to snoop on a tight budget
    and Mike whos mission is to get into Jess pants (he has the easiet task at the moment) and was not involved in classified info in season 1 - unless it wasnt shown
    My fav character is still the drunken Marine who figured everything out long before anybody else and just staring the bottom of his glass
  • slats7slats7 Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    Let me guess: Lovestruck Carrie will not tell Saul or Estes that Brody was responsible for the Veep's death.