Options

**MKS aka sugababes**

Comments

• Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Then why bother mentioning it again - it was clearly about the name.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope it comes next year, but I've been saying that for so long...
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited :) Bring on 2017, however A part of me is cautious.

I am glad they are coming back as Sugababes as it makes sense as it established them.

It's like One Direction or Spice Girls making a comeback under a new band new = stupid .
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me The Sugababes are Heidi, Mutya and Keisha.

That's all.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG this is amazing news...can't wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One more year to go but brace yourselves for 2020
  • Options
    Sweetener01Sweetener01 Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mutya said on Loose Women they were all still together.it's quite comical really.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member

Can’t believe it’s now over five years since the comeback was launched. In the Sugababes cycle, they’d just scored their first #1 album and 4th #1 single, nobody remembered Siobhan existed and Mutya is just about to depart.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can’t believe it’s now over five years since the comeback was launched. In the Sugababes cycle, they’d just scored their first #1 album and 4th #1 single, nobody remembered Siobhan existed and Mutya is just about to depart.

I wouldn’t say no body , but yes 2.0 is more remembered.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beat is gone

Victory

Metal heart

Three more days

Songs have leaked
  • Options
    bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Victory is phenomenal. A amazing track that doesn’t deserve to be shelved.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are they really releasing a new album? That's brilliant, if so! I love their voices, their harmonies. They always sound amazing together. I saw them in concert in 2013 and they were brilliant! I've heard the leaked version of the Sacred Three and there were so many good songs on that, such a shame that album was never released. Good to hear they've recorded new stuff though, I just hope it gets released properly and they do a lot of promo for it! Their talent is too good to go to waste for so long!
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was an article in The Guardian last week about the impact on bands after having their music leaked (following the Radiohead situation). It includes the following:

Mutya Buena says she knows exactly where Jai Paul is coming from. The former Sugababes singer and member of cult pop group MKS was at home for Christmas in 2016 when a demo version of a comeback album surfaced online. “Fans started messaging me links to the leak. We still have no idea how it happened,” she recalls. “It hit hard. We had paid people for studio time. We paid for beats. We paid for travel, for food. The amount we spent trying to get this album together, only for it to leak and for us to not have the chance to make any money from it … It’s too depressing to think about.”

Having any sense of agency ripped away hurt more than the financial blow, she says. “The effort, the time, the sweat, all the days in the studio that went into making those songs – it was all for nothing. All the things we sang about were personal. You want your fans to hear it all together, you want to be able to put out your work your way. It was horrible.” Rather than release music already floating around the internet in a half-finished state, the trio shelved the record. Three years later, they have yet to release any new material.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that is what happens when you are sitting on the same set of songs that were recorded at least three years previously with no release date in sight
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 20/07/19 - 00:30 #141
    GREAT NEWS

The girls are back!!!!! They posted videos of themselves in the studio today , as well as videos . First time ever in the studio in years

https://instagram.com/sugababesoverloaded?r=nametag

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1328147730671158/?ref=share

As well as on their social media accounts.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just hope the wait is worth it
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    still think they all should get together now as a group
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    still think they all should get together now as a group

everyone loves different incarnations but undeniably they were great in all of them - time to bring sugababes full circle to now as a complete ensemble.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hackettboy wrote: »
    Just hope the wait is worth it

I hope it is true and there will be some new stuff emerge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just think new songs are being made as we speak . It’s so exciting, and hope they get the hit album they deserve.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    I'm pleased they're back BUT much prefer MKH as a line up.

I think MKS should have dropped the Sugababes name as its damaged. Flatline was great and it was all about them wanting a new start so chasing the name when 4.0 aren't even using it seems silly. The name Sugababes is going to bring questions about line up changes, HAJ and arguments just as much as music.

However these three seem to have stayed together longer than any other lineups, assuming they have been workung together all this time.

I do wonder if they will only perform Overload to Ugly - the only song that creates an issue is About You Now, the Sugnabes biggest selling hit. The rest they could get away with not performing.

Keisha does seem to change history as per the line up. She has said they only became the sugababes when Heidi joined and how it become the strongest lineup when Amelle joined. Then she's back to this being the sacred three.

Heidi doesnt deserve to be renoves from Sugahistory. Not sure she would want back into it tbh, so this probably works for all. Amelle seems keen to be a sugababe again but Mutya would never allow it and never even mentions Amelle by name. Amella wants an all six tour.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funkycub wrote: »
    I'm pleased they're back BUT much prefer MKH as a line up.

I think MKS should have dropped the Sugababes name as its damaged. Flatline was great and it was all about them wanting a new start so chasing the name when 4.0 aren't even using it seems silly. The name Sugababes is going to bring questions about line up changes, HAJ and arguments just as much as music.

However these three seem to have stayed together longer than any other lineups, assuming they have been workung together all this time.

I do wonder if they will only perform Overload to Ugly - the only song that creates an issue is About You Now, the Sugnabes biggest selling hit. The rest they could get away with not performing.

Keisha does seem to change history as per the line up. She has said they only became the sugababes when Heidi joined and how it become the strongest lineup when Amelle joined. Then she's back to this being the sacred three.

Heidi doesnt deserve to be renoves from Sugahistory. Not sure she would want back into it tbh, so this probably works for all. Amelle seems keen to be a sugababe again but Mutya would never allow it and never even mentions Amelle by name. Amella wants an all six tour.

The first two versions of the Sugababes were best. I would rather hear a new album like the leaked one and forget about the reunion tour thing just yet.
  • Options
    Garibaldi_Garibaldi_ Posts: 18,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought Overload was a very good song and one of my favourites by the Sugababes (any incarnation included).
  • Options
    attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 21/07/19 - 21:08 #150
    I’m too young to remember Sugababes 1 (lineups 2 and 3 are my favourite) but the MKS songs are flawless and feel like a continuation of the One Touch album. Summer of 99, Boys, Lay Down, Flatline and No Regrets are my favourites but I can’t find them online anymore which is a shame. When I saw that Mutya and Siobhan posted the pic of them I got ridiculously excited (again) and for Mutya to still be reposting Instagram stories of people getting hyped there must be something big going on.

Hopefully this time they get the promo right, and it feels weird that there may be another Sugababes album after all this time :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Official:

New music, a tour, and a side special project for the fans . I have no idea what that would be , but either something to do with their first album or greatest hits re recorded.