Philips 24PW6322 widescreen tv

Does any one know if it possible to alter the geometry of the screen with this model via the remote. It is not one of the standard menus but I know it is possible with a lot of widescreen tv's. The picture needs rotating on mine very slightly and I was hoping to avoid paying anyone to look at it.

Cheers

Comments

• Satman55Satman55 Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    I had a similar problem with a phillips 28 inch tv about 18 months ago. Annoyed me so much I sold it to a friend at a big loss.

I then bought a sony because it had picture rotation on the menu's so I could alter the image. :D

With regard to your problem, I think their may be an engineers menu(found out since i sold mine :( ) and if you can get the code you might be able to rotate the image. Why manufacturers hide this facility is beyond me, but fortunately sony have it on their tv's.

If you cannot find a way to get to the engineers menu, the reason the tv slopes is because of the earths gravitational pull(honestly).

If you can put your TV in a different position the screen tilt will probably alter. As a test move it and like a clock from 2 oclock to 3 oclock then onto 4 oclock until it looks right. When you get it in the right position is their anywhere in the room you can put it at that angle?

I know this is a pain, but at least it sorts the problem, because I know from personal experience it gets very irritating. I had surround sound and an excellent picture. I bought the sony, the picture isn't as good and I have the virtual surround(2 speakers) turned off as it is crap.

I hope this helps, I wish i had known the above before i sold my phillips.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my parents have a philips 28 inch widescreen and that has picture rotation in the features menu, the service code for philips tv as far as i know is go to feaures maybe into or just move the menu over the features option , then press 062596 i+
  • woody100woody100 Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the replies. The gravity thing makes sense as I have just moved house.

I will try the code mentioned above when I get home from work later. Will let you know if it works.

Cheers

Woody
    Forum Member
    no success. I think I will try contacting philips. See if they will disclose the code!?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    Try this website for Philips TV service mode info. Remember to write down the original settings before playing with it ;)
    Forum Member
    thanks for the link. It looks as though I will need to purchase the service tool remote to be able to get anywhere. Thanks for all the help anyway.

Has anyone ever used the service tool? Success??

Cheers