Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Mr CurmudgeonMr Curmudgeon Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Interesting - just Googled "Liz Jones" +Buddhist and found... nothing. Not a prior single reference. Nada. Zilch. Zippo. Diddly, yea and squat. Reality... awareness... kindness... wisdom. Yes, the very words that spring to mind when I hear the name "Liz Jones".

I'll second all of that.
  • Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well yes, you should get a cut of the fee, at the VERY LEAST. It is pathetic that she is now reduced to using her column to settle scores with people in real life, when they have no right to reply in such a public forum. Are you complaining to the MoS?

Invoice her. Repeatedly. With a ten percent increase for late payment every time. It doesn't have to be for much. It just needs to keep coming every month with a succession of smiley and then sad faces next to "this account is overdue" till she stumps up.
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the shoes are mine then put them in the bin. You aren't 'allowed' to see me so I can't help. I seriously hope all this is worth it David. I was a good friend to you and you pushed me aside for someone that prints such terrible stuff about you and your family and your so called dirty habits. So sad.

The actual text from the scummy moo to David, which was in response to her having a go at him for having a wicker basket of shoes in his lounge. I realised that they were probably mine so sent the text. Knew it would wind her up if she got to read it though. She changes punctuation, takes things out, changes word placements .... And she still harps on about only writing the truth. You have to go through a wardrobe to get to her imaginary world ! Do I get a share of the fee do you think for having my text printed? And is it ok to call someone a scummy moo in print? What is she - 12!

Hi,

As your "some what" acquainted with "you know who" I don't suppose you could tell us whether the "Rock Star" was a real person or a figment of her imagination could you?

I've heard a lot of rumours, but...
  • amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just pity her 'hearing-dog'... no canine should be expected to sit through that. :cry:

Oh, I don't know about that, Mr. Curmudgeon... I reckon the hound would be in his element. I am not that familiar with dogs, but one habit of theirs that I've noticed is how they immediately shove their noses where I really would prefer they didn't. Especially when I'm wearing a skirt.

Were, oh heaven forfend, Liz to undergo the procedure I've described earlier, I'm sure she'd insist on Michael the Hearing/Sheep Killing/Cat Mauling dog being present in the endoscopy suite, to convey to her (she's deaf, you know) the instructions of those operating the fibre optic camera.

I can viualise it all: 'Now relax, Miss Jones, RELAX. Ah, didn't you realise you have to remove your underwear? Yes, we can see they're silk Prada knickers, but off they have to come ... that's better, here we go. No, PLEASE don't clench, we won't be able to get it in ... now now, calm down, dear, screaming won't help - yes, we can see it's a bit sore, maybe you overdid the bleaching - was it Cillit Bang? We really don't recommend it, you know .... ah, hurrah, we're IN at last, up up and away we go .... oh Christ, no, no, NO, tell that bleeding dog of yours to GET OFF THE BLOODY OPERATING TABLE and keep his ******* nose to himself.'
  • KeepBooksKeepBooks Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    "No, PLEASE don't clench, we won't be able to get it in ... "

I hate you for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KeepBooks wrote: »
    "No, PLEASE don't clench, we won't be able to get it in ... "

I hate you for that.

Sorry about that, KeepBooks - didn't mean to hit a sore spot.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's Wail on Sunday:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3157774/What-lonely-death-alcoholic-sister-says-fate-single-women-Britain-today-MoS-columnist-LIZ-JONES-S-sibling-Clare-wanted-sexual-liberation-career-died-no-money-no-man-turning-drink.html

What a spiteful 'eulogy' for her poor sister. Jones can't resist turning every family tragedy into cannon fodder for her increasingly dire writing, can she? My deepest sympathy for the rest of the Jones family, who must be disgusted by Liz Jones's using them for her quid a word crap. By the way, I trust the photos used in her article were not infringing anyone's copyright? That belongs to whoever took the pictures. Just saying ....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn’t want to be the ageing daughter of a provincial couple from Essex. She wanted yachts and villas.

*coughcough* We know YOU are Liz but what was SHE?

Frankly, dying alone, unfettered by bollocks and drinking for pleasure at 70-odd doesn't strike me as particularly tragic. But the "going on a date with a man she knew years before/love of my life" thing is particularly telling. I think some serious projection is going on here.

In other news, since when did Michael become Sam? Surely her nephew didn't rename him in the past 12 months.

And once again, stabs at DominoDarling and complaints about the reality of David.
  • seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone served me cauliflower cheese with coconut flour I'd puke too!

Olivia is a fairly common name, hardly an "exotic" one indicating that someone wants yachts and villas. And of course she manages to fit a spot of lady-bashing in there: "My sister wanted sex and a career but what she really needed was a man"
  • LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today's Wail on Sunday:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3157774/What-lonely-death-alcoholic-sister-says-fate-single-women-Britain-today-MoS-columnist-LIZ-JONES-S-sibling-Clare-wanted-sexual-liberation-career-died-no-money-no-man-turning-drink.html

What a spiteful 'eulogy' for her poor sister. Jones can't resist turning every family tragedy into cannon fodder for her increasingly dire writing, can she? My deepest sympathy for the rest of the Jones family, who must be disgusted by Liz Jones's using them for her quid a word crap. By the way, I trust the photos used in her article were not infringing anyone's copyright? That belongs to whoever took the pictures. Just saying ....

A nasty, spiteful piece of writing and once again it's all about Liz.

''I paid for a clinic'', ''She depressed me'', ''Strange that I too had plastic surgery, which means we’re more similar than I’d like to think'' etc.etc.

''Clare – 20 years older than me [at 74]''. Hmm. As far as I can remember Liz was born in September 1958, which makes her 56. Knocking a couple of years off her age to make herself look better. How petty. As for her expecting the bereavement service to be open just for her convenience.......well, words fail me. >:(
  • Peskypoo2Peskypoo2 Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I think that Liz has finally done it, any shred of respect her readers had, has finally gone with todays offering about her sister.
    This isn't an article about her sisters single life - this is just an excuse (another one) to trash someone elses life.
    How could anyone who's just lost her sister write harsh nasty 'truths' so soon, under such a trashy headline?
    Sorry Liz - you aren't even worth reading for 'car crash' value anymore
    Sad, really, really sad
  • seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And for the next few weeks we'll be hearing via the Dreary about how Liz's family all hate her and are sending her constant abuse via her EVIL email and EVIL mobile phone because they just didn't understand the beauty of her touching tribute to Clare ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just re-read her 'eulogy' to her poor sister, and also the regular 'Dreary'. Honestly, the woman is beneath contempt. But ... as a retired journalist myself ... I sometimes wonder if the whole Jones oeuvre is just some sort of HUGE joke perpetrated on us by the Mail group.

As in, it's just 'click bait' and made up by a group of journo on the wine, and possibly some illegal pharmaceuticals, seeing how far they can go with the increasingly gobsmacking 'Diary' plus the ever more disgraceful piece' as demonstrated in today's MoS about her poor sister.

Said this before here, but when I was working (always freelance) as a journo, my editor would NEVER have permitted me to: slag off an ex of my current boyfriend in print. Use my family in such a spiteful way just to fill a column. He just wouldn't, he'd have told me to sling my hook and never write for his paper again. And, by the way, he wouldn't have allowed me to shamelessly name-drop all the designer gear I wore (I wish ...!) probably because I'd have got a handsome discount, if not freebies for mentioning the schmutter.

I sort of like to think that Jones's stuff IS actually written by a consortium of off-their-faces journalists. Because otherwise ... how could any woman be so absolutely disgraceful in using her family in the disgusting way she has today, and previously?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just re-read her 'eulogy' to her poor sister, and also the regular 'Dreary'. Honestly, the woman is beneath contempt. But ... as a retired journalist myself ... I sometimes wonder if the whole Jones oeuvre is just some sort of HUGE joke perpetrated on us by the Mail group.

As in, it's just 'click bait' and made up by a group of journo on the wine, and possibly some illegal pharmaceuticals, seeing how far they can go with the increasingly gobsmacking 'Diary' plus the ever more disgraceful piece' as demonstrated in today's MoS about her poor sister.

Said this before here, but when I was working (always freelance) as a journo, my editor would NEVER have permitted me to: slag off an ex of my current boyfriend in print. Use my family in such a spiteful way just to fill a column. He just wouldn't, he'd have told me to sling my hook and never write for his paper again. And, by the way, he wouldn't have allowed me to shamelessly name-drop all the designer gear I wore (I wish ...!) probably because I'd have got a handsome discount, if not freebies for mentioning the schmutter.

I sort of like to think that Jones's stuff IS actually written by a consortium of off-their-faces journalists. Because otherwise ... how could any woman be so absolutely disgraceful in using her family in the disgusting way she has today, and previously?

Trouble is, it's still skirting legals. The stuff about DominoDarling is even worse if it's made up by some randoms. (Unless of course DD is actually a pretend person too.)
  • House of JonesHouse of Jones Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else understand the bit where she says David didn't ask her if wanted another child? I am genuinely befuddled as to what point she is trying to make there.

And as for the piece on her sister - how hateful. I really have no words for how low she has slunk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    Trouble is, it's still skirting legals. The stuff about DominoDarling is even worse if it's made up by some randoms. (Unless of course DD is actually a pretend person too.)

Could be, I'm afraid. Because if I were DominoDarling, I'd by now have told my story to a rival newspaper (hopefully handsomely paid). I'm sorry but I'm getting increasingly suspicious about the whole Lizard oeuvre. Though I do think that disgraceful piece about her poor dead sister is genuine. As for the 'Dreary' ... hmmm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone else understand the bit where she says David didn't ask her if wanted another child? I am genuinely befuddled as to what point she is trying to make there.

And as for the piece on her sister - how hateful. I really have no words for how low she has slunk.

I think her point is supposed to be that he wouldn't give up his children, who are adults now and not so reliant on him, so she shouldn't be expected to give up replacement horses for the ones she used to have that are dead... er, yeah. Logical it is not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In other news, I have belatedly viewed this video of the Baker. Why is he wearing a Muslim hat? And why hasn't the Daily Mail therefore pilloried him as a terrorist?

http://www.wagfreefood.com/our-food/david-scrace-how-to-make-wheat-gluten-free-bread
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    In other news, I have belatedly viewed this video of the Baker. Why is he wearing a Muslim hat? And why hasn't the Daily Mail therefore pilloried him as a terrorist?

http://www.wagfreefood.com/our-food/david-scrace-how-to-make-wheat-gluten-free-bread

He's not even love's middle aged dream is he? :o

All I can say is that when he appeared with Liz in those Christmas and 'engagement' pieces, he must have had a load of make up on. Or maybe Liz sent him for Botox? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Oh if only she wasn't real! Unfortunately for me she is. I'm not sure she lives in the 'real' world though. And I think the real David has been abducted and replaced by this one. A conspiracy theory of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh if only she wasn't real! Unfortunately for me she is. I'm not sure she lives in the 'real' world though. And I think the real David has been abducted and replaced by this one. A conspiracy theory of course.

OK, I believe you, Dominodarling ... so why don't you get your own back? You've been betrayed in the most disgusting way by someone who once loved you, and obviously whom you loved ... and now he's allowing that ghastly woman be so vile about you, without, apparently a bleat of protest. And she's still got your cat.

I'd sell my story - join Jones at her own game, show up the rotten old cow. But then you're obviously a far nicer person than I am. As for complaining to the Mail group, I agree, it's a frustrating operation. They don't seem to give a toss, unlike the old days of ethical editors. Going down the legal route is dodgy - and very VERY expensive. One could say that as The Baker's name is out there in the public domain, many many people will know to whom (you) Jones alludes in her nasty comments but ... believe me, I come from a 'lawyerly' family and really, why waste money on what's probably going to be a hiding to nowhere, given the Mail Group's vast resources?

So I suppose your dignified silence is admirable ... though I'd still think of putting MY side of the story out there somewhere ... in a 'serious' newspaper, though, not some rag of the Mail's type.
  • House of JonesHouse of Jones Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    I do wonder how David puts up with it, if what she writes is real. She is so unkind about him, really belittling and insulting in fact. And not in any way that would translate as humour (in case that is what she's thinking). Nothing he does is good enough. Nothing they do sounds like fun for him. She is obviously trying to isolate him from old friends and family. If I was one of his family, I'd be worried and would be asking him what the hell he thinks he's doing.

I find it hard to believe the wedding will ever happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do wonder how David puts up with it, if what she writes is real. She is so unkind about him, really belittling and insulting in fact. And not in any way that would translate as humour (in case that is what she's thinking). Nothing he does is good enough. Nothing they do sounds like fun for him. She is obviously trying to isolate him from old friends and family. If I was one of his family, I'd be worried and would be asking him what the hell he thinks he's doing.

I find it hard to believe the wedding will ever happen.

She's so vile about him in print, but he puts up with it. Why? Most people would tell her they'd had enough and leave.

He either has the hide of a rhino, he's a masochist and loves the abuse, he doesn't care about her making him look bad, or he believes any publicity is good publicity.

He seems a very strange fish to me.
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzyroz wrote: »
    He's not even love's middle aged dream is he? :o

All I can say is that when he appeared with Liz in those Christmas and 'engagement' pieces, he must have had a load of make up on. Or maybe Liz sent him for Botox? :D

He is a strange choice. What on earth do they have in common? I doubt they will get married. She seems to dislike him but doesn't want to be alone. A rum do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is a strange choice. What on earth do they have in common? I doubt they will get married. She seems to dislike him but doesn't want to be alone. A rum do.

Not wanting to be alone in late middle age isn't much to base a marriage on. She had a thing for him over 30 years ago which came to nothing as he wasn't interested and she seems to have based her present view of him on a fantasy from the past.