Samsung Galaxy S4 "Google Edition"

13»

Comments

• Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    I will disagree when your opinion is clearly showing different results than i see!

You keep saying people will look at me weird when i ask them. I just asked 3 people at work that are beside me ranging from 20 to the oldest 62 and they all know those terms and their meaning. My Nana also know these terms as do pretty much everyone i know. This is in comparison to the people you know that do not

You are doing exactly what i was saying in the first place and treating most people as if they are complete idiots which they aren't!

Anyway, this could go on for hours so i think we should just agree to disagree :)

Because people are just 'idiots' Knowing about techonolgy isn't at the top of peoples lives. I didn't call them idiots, not knowing something doesn't make you an idiot, it probably just means they are not bothered about knowing this struff. I'm still going with a rough guess that 90% of people wouldn't be able to tell you anything but the very basics of things. Someone on here who seems to know about phones didn't know the S4 Octa-core only ever used 4 cores at once and that's coming from someone who seems to know about phones.
  • Options
    Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the S4 Google Edition becomes available in the UK. I would consider selling my Nexus 4 and buying one.
  • Options
    slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So where does this leave Motorola? The next phone is said to be. nexus made by LG again. So will we not see a top end Motorola running stock Android?
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    slick1two wrote: »
    So where does this leave Motorola? The next phone is said to be. nexus made by LG again. So will we not see a top end Motorola running stock Android?

They only bought that division of Motorola for the patents didn't they?
  • Options
    Trevor_MaloneTrevor_Malone Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    slick1two wrote: »

Considering Google now own Motorola and google also own Android I think Motorola future is safe. (The part of Motorola that made phones)
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Despite being told numerous times my OH still keeps going on about scart leads in regards to connecting the blu ray player and Sky HD box to our TV. Just last week he pointed to one of the USB ports on the laptop and asked if this was the port to use to connect it to the TV.

He has to go surely :D
  • Options
    Trevor_MaloneTrevor_Malone Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Stiggles wrote: »

I do think people on here have the opinion that people on the street are thick as shit and cant be trusted to make an informed decision which these days is imply not true. The average joe bloggs is now a bit more clued up on tech than they once were.

Strange u turn, after seeing so many comments about anyone who buys Apple is fooled by misleading marketing and only buy what Apple tell them .

At last we can safely say the millions of iPhone and iTunes users are informed an chose there devices because they believe they're the best.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Strange u turn, after seeing so many comments about anyone who buys Apple is fooled by misleading marketing and only buy what Apple tell them .

At last we can safely say the millions of iPhone and iTunes users are informed an chose there devices because they believe they're the best.

What on earth are you talking about?....:confused:
  • Options
    SchadenfreudSchadenfreud Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why do you always miss the 'd' out when using the word 'and'? It makes no sense when the rest of yor posts are typed out correctly. :confused:

As far as Joe public is concerned, I deal with them every day and I can confirm that the vast majority that I come across are as thick as two short planks when it comes to tech.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scotty2012 wrote: »
    I hope the S4 Google Edition becomes available in the UK. I would consider selling my Nexus 4 and buying one.

Hopefully the Google S4 ROM will be flashable via Odin and if you have bought a TouchWiz S4 you will be able to fix it. It would be even better for the nervous if Samsung offered the upgrade to proper Android via Kies.
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

<Insert derogatory comment here about Apple users>
  • Options
    Scotty2012Scotty2012 Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the software isn't available via Kies, then perhaps some clever developer will be able to extract it from the Google S4 and make it available to flash on the standard S4?
  • Options
    Step666Step666 Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that strikes me is that there will be hardware in there sitting idle without TouchWiz - the touchscreen that detect hovering fingers isn't going to be used to it's full potential, the sensor for the gestures and the ones that feed into S-Health.
    Obviously some developers may fond a use for them but, out the box, you won't be well to make full use of the hardware.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    My concern exactly the information I read says same os as the Nexus but I assume there must be some tweaks surely. Otherwise even the basic functions like burst shot of the camera will be defunct? Or the variable screen modes.

I wasn't a massive fan of the Nexus but pure vanilla android would be too much of a waste on the s4 surely.
  • Options
    FriedGoldFriedGold Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Why do you always miss the 'd' out when using the word 'and'? It makes no sense when the rest of yor posts are typed out correctly. :confused:

As far as Joe public is concerned, I deal with them every day and I can confirm that the vast majority that I come across are as thick as two short planks when it comes to tech.

I agree. I work in a big office and have become the go-to guy when it comes to Android and I'm consistently surprised how little people know about the devices in their hands.

I know it comes down to personal taste and most people just aren't interested, that's their prerogative, to me it just seems a shame that people are missing out on so many great things that their devices can do. A lot of them take advantage of their upgrades too though and have S3s that they're paying £35+ a month for and do absolutely nothing with them, know nothing about them and their homescreens are all the way they looked when they turned it on in the shop.

Best example came last week. A woman brought her Nexus 7 in about a month ago hoping for me to download books on for her to take on holiday. I explained I couldn't because she has a Wifi only version and she would have to do it at home. I explained about how to download the Kindle app then buy free books from Amazon which would appear in the app.

That went in one ear and out the other. Then last week she proudly proclaimed she'd bought "iPad for Seniors" from the book club at work to help her with "her iPad" cos she still couldn't figure out how to download books. I didn't have the heart to tell her.