Options

Glastonbury.

Elvisfan4evaElvisfan4eva Posts: 15,117
Forum Member
✭✭
Three great acts this year that I'm looking forward to. Adele on Saturday night and am sure her full set will be shown live on BBC2. ELO are the so called "legend act" on Sun. tea-time and Coldplay the Sunday night headliners.

Comments

• Options
    Miss Ann ThropyMiss Ann Thropy Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully King Arthur and Knights Of The Turntables on the Legends stage.
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Coldplay are amazing live and the house band at Glasto as you know, you'll be absolutely blown away if you like them :D

I used to be the biggest fan ever of theirs (but as a straight male never getting creepy like some of the ladies I met by being a 'super fan', blimey :o)

I have gone off them and basically stopped even listening to them because of some of the occult stuff I've realised they're into. But if you don't look at that, or just don't care, you are seriously in for one of the best singalongs ever I think :)
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best acts there are Wolf Alice on Saturday and PJ Harvey on Sunday. Don't miss them if you are going.

Sorry, but I have no interest in Adele or Coldplay.
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adele & Coldplay??

The Sad Lonesome death of Glastonbury
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    Coldplay are amazing live and the house band at Glasto as you know, you'll be absolutely blown away if you like them :D

I used to be the biggest fan ever of theirs (but as a straight male never getting creepy like some of the ladies I met by being a 'super fan', blimey :o)

I have gone off them and basically stopped even listening to thehm because of some of the occult stuff I've realised they're into. But if you don't look at that, or just don't care, you are seriously in for one of the best singalongs ever I think :)

Occult stuff????? Not aware of that and why would that affect whether you listen to them?
  • Options
    PyRoMaNiAcPyRoMaNiAc Posts: 417
    Forum Member

I have gone off them and basically stopped even listening to them because of some of the occult stuff I've realised they're into. But if you don't look at that, or just don't care, you are seriously in for one of the best singalongs ever I think :)

Looooooooooooooool!:D
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Listen to Heal by Catherine Wheel and you'll realise that Coldplay ripped it off and based an entire career upon it.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as Coldplay and Adele, I think they are talented from a technical singing and instrument playing standpoint, but their music is not to my taste. I don't think they are very creative or unique in their sound.
    I would rather listen to an artist who is considered less technically good, but has something to say or pushes the envelope musically.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    the three headliners are good live - but quite popularist...which is no bad thing and all three are perfuming on the back of three acclaimed tours so they will have essences of them....i hope the runner s up acts de;liver ...as its their role to deliver experimentations and something new and exciting!
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a total snoozefest in all honesty. Boring headliners.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Adele & Coldplay??

The Sad Lonesome death of Glastonbury

You're 14 years too late in the case of Coldplay unfortunately. They first headlined in 2002.
    shackfan wrote: »
    Occult stuff????? Not aware of that and why would that affect whether you listen to them?

I wasn't aware either until a couple of years ago until I started finding out about the occult, and I still saw them once after that (Ghost Stories mini tour at the Royal Albert Hall). This is the first tour I've missed since A Rush of Blood in 2003, usually seeing them multiple times per tour (Viva tour was 7 I think lol).

I'm too uncomfortable with their blatant occult stuff (once you know what it is) myself, it's all over their lyrics, videos and artwork since X&Y at least. Just like I don't like Tom Cruise because of his Scientology. Maybe that's just me :)
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    The best acts there are Wolf Alice on Saturday and PJ Harvey on Sunday. Don't miss them if you are going.

Sorry, but I have no interest in Adele or Coldplay.

I am in complete agreement with you on this. I am really looking forward to seeing much better acts such as Laura Mvula and NAO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like one of the worst line-ups of all time, but it should be entertaining to find out how the people got on who were seriously discussing their 'look' in the Festival Fashion thread. :D
  • Options
    RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZZ Top. Beards...boogie....y'all will love 'em :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Listen to Heal by Catherine Wheel and you'll realise that Coldplay ripped it off and based an entire career upon it.
    Forgot to include the link. www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp_4Lhm0d98
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably give Muse a listen although I'm not so keen of their last couple of albums.

As for Coldplay: https://youtu.be/hlcxkblAic8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd have thought that whoever produced that would at least have had it checked for spelling and grammar.
  • Options
    Elvisfan4evaElvisfan4eva Posts: 15,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RikScot wrote: »
    ZZ Top. Beards...boogie....y'all will love 'em :p

Oh yes, want to see them too. She's got LEGS...
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How the hell do you get tickets for Glastonbury? I've tried every year for about five years now and I'm convinced that it's who you know or something along those lines. I know that there's hundreds of thousands of people trying to get only 175,000 tickets, but some people I work with have managed to get tickets every single year for the last 10 years with ease! I've tried with a large group of friends...all of us at the same time. I've tried everything you can think of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would be a poor line-up even at some minor festivals. I think Muse, PJ Harvey and Philip Glass are the only acts I'd go out of my way to see out of the entire line-up throughout all the stages.
    www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2016/
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chris Martin allegedly split from his wife because she was obsessed with the occult. I doubt they are that much into it other than for a few fancy symbols.
  • Options
    FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have never understood their appeal. Chris Martin is enough to make me want to throw my tv out the window.. Not good for my blood pressure.

There are enough interesting and talented artists, old and new at Glasto this year who are way more worthwhile a watch. Coldplay, Muse and the awful bland Adele - No thanks.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    You're 14 years too late in the case of Coldplay unfortunately. They first headlined in 2002.

I wasn't aware either until a couple of years ago until I started finding out about the occult, and I still saw them once after that (Ghost Stories mini tour at the Royal Albert Hall). This is the first tour I've missed since A Rush of Blood in 2003, usually seeing them multiple times per tour (Viva tour was 7 I think lol).

I'm too uncomfortable with their blatant occult stuff (once you know what it is) myself, it's all over their lyrics, videos and artwork since X&Y at least. Just like I don't like Tom Cruise because of his Scientology. Maybe that's just me :)

Come on now, you can't just say one of the worlds biggest bands are into the occult and not give some examples.
  • Options
    SoupietwistSoupietwist Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Come on now, you can't just say one of the worlds biggest bands are into the occult and not give some examples.

Lets be honest if Coldplay are into the occult it would be by far and away the most interesting thing they'd ever done. However I fully expect it to be Chris Martin once read a Harry Potter book......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How the hell do you get tickets for Glastonbury? I've tried every year for about five years now and I'm convinced that it's who you know or something along those lines. I know that there's hundreds of thousands of people trying to get only 175,000 tickets, but some people I work with have managed to get tickets every single year for the last 10 years with ease! I've tried with a large group of friends...all of us at the same time. I've tried everything you can think of.

It is imvho.
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Chris Martin allegedly split from his wife because she was obsessed with the occult. I doubt they are that much into it other than for a few fancy symbols.

They're right in the thick of it. They're one of the biggest UK bands in the US since The Beatles (but they're a whole different thread, possibly). These people are not just 'lucky' or merely very talented, they are chosen imho.

I could write a book on this but OK I'll give one example which should shut you up on this subject forever (if you've any sense). If you are genuine please don't take that the wrong way, just quietly go away and study for an hour or two, until you''re ready to comment :) If you're geuinely curious you'll see it, I'm sure. I was the biggest Coldplay fan ever, and they're amazing live..but there's a reason behind it and now I won't have anything to do with them.

So, just one example...

You know the occult meaning of the number 3, yes? (I guess maybe not so I'll give a brief shorthand.) It's the trinity, creation itself.

Now I could spend hours and hours picking through their lyrics and imagery and showing you every little detail, but I have more positive things to spend my time on, so I think and hope this may be the start of a shortcut. Look at the 3rd line on this album cover (an album on which they sing of the devil):

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Myloxyloto.jpg

OTO. I don't think it could be spelled out any more clearly, could it? :confused: Remember Peaches Geldof and her OTO tattoo, just for starters? If you Google OTO and the Olympics and are genuinely naive you might get a bit of a fright.

OTO:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordo_Templi_Orientis

If you want to 'play around' with this stuff then that's up to you, but sorry I'm keeping well clear.

And if you don't think this is the plan since the 60s and The Beatles just search for the mirrored (it is always back to front and/or mirrored) Sgt Peppers album cover that shows Aleister Crowley supporting the capstone of the pyramid.

Aw shucks , i meant to give you one example only and now I've given three or so ;-)